Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Anyone got any insight into why an aircraft wouldn't be able to do Cat III landing? Listening to liveatc and an FR inbound was advised Low Vis procedures in place and to proceed for Cat III arrival. He responded they are only able to do Cat I. He was told "up to him".

Not only does it need certain equipment on board and on the ground, but the pilots also need to be trained and current in the procedures.

So in general, could be certain required system on board inoperable, one of the pilots hasn't done a Cat III in whatever time limit is set for currency, company policy, or the pilots would rather not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,168 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Breezy morning, about 5 aircraft are holding north of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

flazio wrote: »
    Breezy morning, about 5 aircraft are holding north of Dublin.

Nothing far removed from normal operations I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I see Delta 44 was diverted to Shannon and is now resuming flight on to Dublin. Medical emergency?

Edit: Looks like it was in a hold for a while at Dublin and then diverted. So presumably wind was not in it's limits

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

irlrobins wrote: »
    I see Delta 44 was diverted to Shannon and is now resuming flight on to Dublin. Medical emergency?

Edit: Looks like it was in a hold for a while at Dublin and then diverted. So presumably wind was not in it's limits

Low fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

I am in one of those planes that was circling north Dublin for an hour. BA4462 from LCY, took over 2 hours but at least landed in the right city!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 scannyman

NAX7109 just declared a medical emergency, currently dumping fuel and diverting to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Apparently EI131 (B757 / EI-LBS) returned to Dublin earlier today shortly after taking off for Windsor Locks. Electrical issues reported.

From the recorded flight, it looks like it landed without having to burn or dump fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

it looks like it landed without having to burn or dump fuel
    [size][font]

Does the 757 have a fuel jettison system? Ours doesn't.[/font][/size]
      [*]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

They don't have a fuel jettison system.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

vulkan air inbound dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

EI 101 turned back after a few hours out....

Bussywussy wrote: »
      EI 101 turned back after a few hours out....
      Reported as a medical emergency

Snowc wrote: »
      vulkan air inbound dublin

Just went overhead here in North county Dublin. Impressively noisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

British Airways A380 flight BA269 to Los Angeles has declared an emergency north-west of Scotland and is returning back to LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

KLM 644 JFK-AMS just landing in Dublin: https://fr24.com/KLM644/1e78fd4b

(Don't know why - medical diversion maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Yep medical diversion

Few delays at Dublin due RWY16 in hse, aircraft holding at Knock (BE653 BHX-NOC). Winds challenging at many airports, not a fun day for flying! Dublin could get a bit challenging later, especially as theres a chance of heavy thunderstorm rain between 3pm and 6pm (coupled with winds gusting to 50kts)

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

EI583 from Malaga went around - now on second approach.

Edit: Down OK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Trampas

Sq21 just passed over Shannon and Wexford route

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Trampas wrote: »
      Sq21 just passed over Shannon and Wexford route

Just passed London now with 12+ hrs. remaining!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

EI277 last night, showing up as operated by a FlyBE Embraer which was diverted from landing in Southend (and the A320 that operated EI276 is magically back in Dublin this morning)..the Embraer track stops just short of the runway and still in the air in Dublin.

A glitch or would there be a reason to lose track?

dfx- wrote: »
      EI277 last night, showing up as operated by a FlyBE Embraer which was diverted from landing in Southend (and the A320 that operated EI276 is magically back in Dublin this morning)..the Embraer track stops just short of the runway and still in the air in Dublin.

A glitch or would there be a reason to lose track?

Those aircraft have no ADB-S radar, hence they lose track at low altitudes. You see it all the time with Flybe aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

What is happening to EXS051F at the moment ??? Must be out of fuel soon ?

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Presumably it's going in for maintenance at Dublin and this is a shakedown/training flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

A question: I was on EI247 last night from LGW - DUB and I was the last to board. As I got onboard the captain was announcing why we had an hour delay. He said there was delays in Dublin and a long queue for takeoff (which I'd seen on Flightradar watching EI246 while I ate my food). However he said something about a Ryanair (specifically) coming off or doing something which "compounded things" and the runway had to be shut for a while.

I haven't heard any of this on here, and I did not catch the whole thing and I was dealing with some idiot muscling their way back up the aircraft, but does anyone know what happened yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Just happened upon this one the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Just happened upon this one the other day!

Same here! Flew right over rebel country

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I laughed when I saw that the sophisticated loading system inside that monster was a "block and tackle"

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

smurfjed wrote: »
      I laughed when I saw that the sophisticated loading system inside that monster was a "block and tackle"

That's so they can get the push back bar in to the hold once it's been moved to a place where it can start. And no, I'm not joking, the thing is HUGE, the 124 is bad enough, the bar for this thing is massive.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement