Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

STK23M made an approach but now going around.

Edit: off to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

marno21 wrote: »
    STK23M made an approach but now going around.

Edit: off to Dublin.

Poor passengers on all these flights, why can’t they all divert to SHANNON to avoid the least amount of convenience on passengers on Christmas Eve of all days

STK43br having a go now

Edit - landed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

vicwatson wrote: »
    STK43br having a go now

Edit - landed
    STK43BR made it down. 3 Shamrocks left to try now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

EIN8AK attempting now

EDIT: heard it fly overhead, but couldn't see it nor its lights. Im basically next to the airport so its rare I don't see them when they are landing.

EDIT: And landed.

• Advertisement

STK43BR made it down. 3 Shamrocks left to try now.

Yes I edited my post already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EIN8AK is taxing to the gate

5 aircraft now holding at Cork. Fog

Edit: Make that 6, EI875 from TFS joining the party.

Edit 2: RYR768N LTN-ORK now diverting to Shannon.

So 4/6 got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Small private jet heading in to Shannon, would they have to pay a premium to land for the day it is

roadmaster wrote: »
    Small private jet heading in to Shannon, would they have to pay a premium to land for the day it is

Dermot Desmond's M-CELT

Likely he has no choice given Dublin is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Dermot Desmond's M-CELT

AFAIK, Dublin isn't closed. There's 2/3 flights operating today and it's open for emergencies. It's just not a day for travelling in Ireland.

That said, I would've thought the ME3 would operate their flights as scheduled today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Garda helio is up over Baldoyle...

Dermot Desmond's M-CELT

Just departed Shannon again, only a stopover

Perhaps he was heading to the States anyway and had to pick up something he forgot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    AFAIK, Dublin isn't closed. There's 2/3 flights operating today and it's open for emergencies. It's just not a day for travelling in Ireland.

That said, I would've thought the ME3 would operate their flights as scheduled today.

It is closed to pax ops until approx 3:45am, except in emergency.

Cessna 560 SE-RLT out of Stockholm descending into Dublin

Edit: correction it's an air ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jamo2oo9 wrote: »

What flights are operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

JCX BXC wrote: »
    What flights are operating?

No flights operating today, the airport is closed to commercial operations due to lack of demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

NH2013 wrote: »
    No flights operating today, the airport is closed to commercial operations due to lack of demand.

I knew that there were no flights operating, hence my question!

Lack of demand is debatable, even Shannon had some demand for a polish flight a few years ago, yet carries more than 10 times less passengers than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Just looking at QTR704 New York to Doha.

Is that a normal track, seems to have turned NE towards Dublin ? It could just be my ignorance for routes, but it seems wrong...

SB

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Just looking at QTR704 New York to Doha.

Is that a normal track, seems to have turned NE towards Dublin ? It could just be my ignorance for routes, but it seems wrong...

SB
    Yes, that's the correct track. The track west of there is incorrect as it was out of range of ground based radar receivers and it's simply an FR24 estimate.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info.

So the dotted track is estimated position and the solid when ground based radar confirms ?

I learnt something....

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Thanks for the info.

So the dotted track is estimated position and the solid when ground based radar confirms ?

I learnt something....

SB

FR24 does not generally display a ground-based radar picture but rather ADS-B position information transmitted by the aircraft.

https://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

EchoIndia wrote: »
    FR24 does not generally display a ground-based radar picture but rather ADS-B position information transmitted by the aircraft.

https://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works

From your linked page:

"This data is based on radar data (not just aircraft equipped with ADS-B transponders) and includes most scheduled and commercial air traffic in the US and Canadian airspace, as well as parts of the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean.
    "

Thanks for the link, really interesting, thats a lot of receivers.

SB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

From your linked page:

"This data is based on radar data (not just aircraft equipped with ADS-B transponders) and includes most scheduled and commercial air traffic in the US and Canadian airspace, as well as parts of the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean."

Thanks for the link, really interesting, thats a lot of receivers.

SB

The page also states "The primary technology that Flightradar24 use to receive flight information is called automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B)."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

UR-CAJ,AN-12, currently passing over Galway.eastbound.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    The page also states "The primary technology that Flightradar24 use to receive flight information is called automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast (ADS-B)."

Yes I understand how it all works, no need to post further instructions pls.

SB

Just watching the loon at KUPANG seems strange to me to launch them at a main airport I thought hey would be a hazard on the way up ?

SB

Mod Note.

For the majority that wouldn't have a clue what this post is about.

https://www.flightradar24.com/KUPANG/1f0162c7

A balloon (clearly large as it's ADSB equipped) is being launched at some stage from Kupang in Indonesia.

N83M (Gulfstream G550) appears to be holding NE of Shannon after departing from there and turning back

N83M (Gulfstream G550) appears to be holding NE of Shannon after departing from there and turning back
    Report on this here: http://clareherald.com/2018/12/executive-jet-returns-to-shannon-with-technical-issue-79311/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

That's a great article, just the facts as known and none of the usual "terrified passengers" or "emergency landing" nonsense that you normally find in newspapers these days. Excellent work Pat Flynn of the Clare Herald.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement