Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

robbie1876 wrote: »
    That's a great article, just the facts as known and none of the usual "terrified passengers" or "emergency landing" nonsense that you normally find in newspapers these days. Excellent work Pat Flynn of the Clare Herald.

Pat writes all the aviation articles for that paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Totally agree, well written article. The Gulfstream is permitted to land overweight and might even be fitted with a G meter, so the decision by the crew to burn off fuel to max landing weight shows how insignificant the issue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

https://www.flightradar24.com/2019-01-03/04:03/12x/B772/1f0f9d48

Is this US Military?

Made some racket passing over Limerick - Woke me up (first time I've been woken my a plane in my life!)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Miike wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/2019-01-03/04:03/12x/B772/1f0f9d48

Is this US Military?

Made some racket passing over Limerick - Woke me up (first time I've been woken my a plane in my life!)

Yes it's a civilian charter plane operating for the US military (N846AX departed as Camber 551)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

marno21 wrote: »
    Yes it's a civilian charter plane operating for the US military (N846AX departed as Camber 551)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

ZF973 Boeing 763 from Moscow VKO to La Romana LRM is holding NE of Shannon, approach path doesn't look planned. These have stopped recently in Shannon for fuel so it could be down to refuelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Seems to be heading to Shannon now after an hour of holding. I'm wondering if they've a tech issue?

Seems to be heading to Shannon now after an hour of holding. I'm wondering if they've a tech issue?
    Seems to be down now whatever the reason was.

Another 767 inbound now - N767A of Saudi Aramco in from Riyadh - likely fuel stop on its way to Houston

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lonestar1

Blocked toilets I believe, problem sorted, on their way after about 2.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

AN12 UR-CJN about to pass over Wexford. should be a nice sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Some vibrations off it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

AN12 UR-CJN about to pass over Wexford. should be a nice sound.

Great sound off it passing over Meelick, Clare at FL240..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was putting out the bins and it flew over right above my house (east Limerick) too a little while ago. Great sound

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N141PR, a BT67(DC-3) just south of KEF en route to DUB. should be in about 11am.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just landing now shortly https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9078417

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Dublin Airport have a couple of photos and videos of the DC3 on their Instagram story now - https://instagram.com/dublinairport?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1zxdsq461g87

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

In the Tabnabs photo she is listed as a Basler BT-67, not a DC3????

However in the FAA register she is listed as a 1942 manufactured DC3 with Pratt & Whitey engines type PT6A-67R, airworthiness in Sept 2018, certified in October'18.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is Eurowings D-AEUE off the South east coast heading to Shannon for a paintjob/maintenance, took off from LCA (Larnaca)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BarryM wrote: »
    In the Tabnabs photo she is listed as a Basler BT-67, not a DC3????

However in the FAA register she is listed as a 1942 manufactured DC3 with Pratt & Whitey engines type PT6A-67R, airworthiness in Sept 2018, certified in October'18.

It was recently rebuilt

Basler Turbo Conversions did it.

It operated into Dublin in the 1970's owned by Mercantile aviation afaik

EI3208 STK8K from Dublin to Kerry holding at INRAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

vicwatson wrote: »
    It operated into Dublin in the 1970's owned by Mercantile aviation afaik

It's the one in the foreground in this shot.

3867049307_d3d61d6e48_o.jpg

Stobart EI3265 BHX-DUB is squawking the 7's about 10 mins into its flight and is diverting to Manchester.

Stobart EI3265 BHX-DUB is squawking the 7's about 10 mins into its flight and is diverting to Manchester.

Looks like medical. On it's way to Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Didn't think these old beauties still fly....a sad ending for this one

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-a-cargo-aircraft-boeing-707-crashed-in-city-of-karaj-iran-video/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Tabnabs wrote: »

FR hasn't updated. This flight now goes KWI (Kuwait) JFK direct since last week. Prior to then, it did a tech stop at SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Anybody know what flew low just north of Shannon just now? Looked like an a340, training? Not showing on fr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

That’s two 777’s inbound, Omni almost in too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

They were regular visitors anyway. Ryanair also inbound Shannon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement