Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Anybody know what flew low just north of Shannon just now? Looked like an a340, training? Not showing on fr.

French government a340 doing circuits and will overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

We're my ears playing tricks, or did I hear a Dauphin flying over Dublin City around 17:05? I was on work, so I couldn't check FR24.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭4Ad

Tabnabs wrote: »

Flies right over my house, approx 12 miles west of Shannon, around 14.30 most days.
    Impressive machine especially at this altitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Today British Airways Boeing 747 G-BNLK departed London Heathrow on her way to eCube Solutions at St Athan in Wales, where she will be scrapped(Built in 1990). Always sad to see one go but at least the Boeing 747 is going to be a fixture at BA until 2024 with another 35 currently left in the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just heard Shannon telling an aircraft to contact Cork on 663 missed some of it , what is this frequency or was I hearing wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Approach is 119.9 and tower is 119.3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ethiopian 787 DUB - MAD

ET713 departed as destination ADD but FR showing destination as MAD??

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ethiopian 787 DUB - MAD, that a regular flight or?

It's new, goes DUB-MAD-ADD, no longer direct to ADD and reverse leg doesn't go on to LAX anymore.

It's new, goes DUB-MAD-ADD, no longer direct to ADD and reverse leg doesn't go on to LAX anymore.

Dub airport app just shows ADD as destination which I suppose if that’s its final destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Today British Airways Boeing 747 G-BNLK departed London Heathrow on her way to eCube Solutions at St Athan in Wales, where she will be scrapped(Built in 1990). Always sad to see one go but at least the Boeing 747 is going to be a fixture at BA until 2024 with another 35 currently left in the fleet.

You can read about all the birds at St Athan here. There's a couple of Speedbird 744's there at the moment, including her sister G-BNLP (their first flights were within about a week of one another in 1990). G-BNLX has been there since Feb 2016 and is now broken up, interestingly, though she's two years younger than the other two. Always fascinating to see how and why they end up going for scrap ahead of their cousins, truly each ship has a story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Dub airport app just shows ADD as destination which I suppose if that’s its final destination.

No fifth freedom rights from DUB-MAD so that's probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

In bed in the attic here in donaghmede heard a plane overhead just checked fr and there's an a380 heading over town would that be what I'm hearing? Some noise off it even with the window closed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I need some help, I will be departing Bale-Mulhouse (LFSB) tomorrow at 0900z in an aircraft that just had ADS-B installed. We are supposed to be blocked on FR24, so I'm curious if this new ADS-B will have any effect on that blocking.

If anyone if bored, can you please take a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

smurfjed wrote: »
    I need some help, I will be departing Bale-Mulhouse (LFSB) tomorrow at 0900z in an aircraft that just had ADS-B installed. We are supposed to be blocked on FR24, so I'm curious if this new ADS-B will have any effect on that blocking.

Had a look and yes, there's a Bombardier pinging (xx-xHG) don't know if its you however.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

0900z/18th, not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Recliner

Just having a look and this caught my eye.
    Point of departure shown as Morristown Airport, Hanover, NJ. Distance travelled and altitude seem a bit unlikely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Recliner wrote: »
    Just having a look and this caught my eye.

A regular FR24 database error. Not an SR22.

0900z/18th, not today.

Ahh yes! I made the good ol “not reading the full post mistake” haha! My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Seems to be a problem at Knock Flybee and 3 Ryanair appear to be holding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

No sign of it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Ryanair's M-ABJA on the way into Kerry now after EI-EFH going tech there after operating a Luton flight.EI-EMK arrived from Dublin to operate the outbound Luton leg.

Aer Lingus A330 en route to Abu Dhabi at the moment. EI 2148.

Why?

Why?

No idea. Was hoping someone might have an answer myself.

No idea. Was hoping someone might have an answer myself.

According to FR it was scheduled to depart at 14.00, departed at 21.28

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Going for maintenance.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Maintenance. One went down about 2 weeks ago,caused a stir on the spotters facebook group. Same flight number.
    I expect that the flight crew will take the other one home tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/1087633153303425024?s=21

Anything in this, guys? :(

Sorry if in the wrong place, I didn’t know where best to put it.

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/1087633153303425024?s=21

Anything in this, guys? :(

Sorry if in the wrong place, I didn’t know where best to put it.

BBC are reporting it....

HM Coastguard said the disappearance was not in the UK search and rescue area, but it had sent two helicopters to help.
    A spokeswoman said they were assisting Guernsey Coastguard with a search for a light aircraft off Alderney: "HM Coastguard helicopters from Solent and Newquay have been helping to search overnight with nothing found."
    The search and rescue operation had to deal with worsening conditions as they scoured the area on Monday night.

• Advertisement

Player signing for Cardiff City FC

“Agence France Presse say police sources have confirmed Emiliano Sala was on a plane which disappeared over the sea between Nantes and Cardiff on Monday night.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement