Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Oops! wrote: »
    What is it??? Worth a trip to shannon??

A saudi 787 or at least that's what i imagine they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm still going AN-124

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Snowc wrote: »
    Looks like this aircraft is now scheduled for some time early next week according to a friend who works in Shannon

Talking to me my friend in Shannon this flight looks like it won't stop at Shannon anymore due to weather,on the up side an an26 is scheduled next Tuesday which is a lot more interesting than this "VIP" aircraft

FR showing a Cirrus SR22 Off the coast of mayo heading west from STN at FL 39500, I thought the service ceiling was 17,500ft

Where can that be going except toward storm ERIK

Something up with FR?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

vicwatson wrote: »
    FR showing a Cirrus SR22 Off the coast of mayo heading west from STN at FL 39500, I thought the service ceiling was 17,500ft

Where can that be going except toward storm ERIK

Something up with FR?

Ya it's a Dassault Falcon

• Advertisement

FR messed up then. Thinking it was on a flight to nothing if it was a cirrus SR22

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Talking to me my friend in Shannon this flight looks like it won't stop at Shannon anymore due to weather
    I just love this garbage, has your friend considered asking the pilot?

smurfjed wrote: »
    I just love this garbage, has your friend considered asking the pilot?

Spill the beans smurf;)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

First go-around of the morning. FR535 from EMA

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

FR 8781 Gdansk to cork diverting to shannon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

EI3701 / STK1BH BHX - CRK landed on the small westerly runway at Cork. That is pretty unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

daelight wrote: »
    EI3701 / STK1BH BHX - CRK landed on the small westerly runway at Cork. That is pretty unusual!

ORK*

Not particularly unusual to be honest, it's used more than you think! RWY25 sees use quite frequently, especially when there's a strong westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I've seen Ryanair land on that runway. Quite impressive when you're at the roundabout

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Noticed 2 missed approaches at Dublin the past 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Emirates EK15 (A380) Dubai - Gatwick seems to be in a spot of bother. FR showed it flying loops around Kent and the south coast, presumably troubleshooting an issue. It's now climbed to FL190 and is currently flying north past Oxford, presumably enroute to Manchester.

Emirates EK15 (A380) Dubai - Gatwick seems to be in a spot of bother. FR showed it flying loops around Kent and the south coast, presumably troubleshooting an issue. It's now climbed to FL190 and is currently flying north past Oxford, presumably enroute to Manchester.

Looked like it tried for a landing but went around

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Seems to have landed in Manchester now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭GBX

GBX wrote: »

Never fails to amaze me the power they have at their disposal when needed in these situations, throttle and zoom

Did they damage the landing gear is that why the didn’t retract the gear as soon as airborne which I’ve seen done so many times on a go-around?

Dreamlifter just about to fly over Cork N249BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

A saudi 787 or at least that's what i imagine they're talking about.

HZ-MF7 B787 STA EINN 0600, transit stop on delivery flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Storm Erik causing problems today at Gatwick.

https://youtu.be/OVx2xyjvX1c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EchoIndia wrote: »
    HZ-MF7 B787 STA EINN 0600, transit stop on delivery flight.

So nothing exciting at all then

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

vicwatson wrote: »
    Never fails to amaze me the power they have at their disposal when needed in these situations, throttle and zoom

There's much more excess power in a twin than a quad. After all it has to be able to take off if one engine fails completely when it's too late to stop, so on a twin that means you basically have 100% excess power available if all engines are running, on a quad you only have 33%

Also it'll be much lighter due to fuel burn than it was when taking off originally, and take-offs are usually done "derated" using only as much power as necessary, to save on fuel and engine wear. Go-arounds are (afaik) always done on full power because you want to gain altitude and airspeed as quickly as possible.
    Did they damage the landing gear is that why the didn’t retract the gear as soon as airborne which I’ve seen done so many times on a go-around?

Seemed to barely touch down at all. They got a bit nose-down due to a gust just before making the go around decision, touching down nose wheel first will lead to a bounce at best, at worst a nose gear collapse, so once they got below horizontal it wasn't surprising they decided to gtf outta there.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

billie1b wrote: »

787BBJ on delivery to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, not something you see everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

BZ wrote: »
    787BBJ on delivery to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, not something you see everyday.

Currently approaching Kingston, Ontario at FL370.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

EI725 just attempted to land during the strongest gust of the night in cork city :p Just saw it fly over my house back into the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

billie1b wrote: »

Definitely not worth all the cloaks and daggers here over the last few days. It's a 787, not a UFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Definitely not worth all the cloaks and daggers here over the last few days. It's a 787, not a UFO.

Ya I was expecting a stealth bomber or something the way it was going..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Or at least the Antonov An-225 Mriya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement