Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Or at least the Antonov An-225 Mriya

Anyone know where this is at the moment?

I know it visited Shannon last year - anyone any idea of its movements, or if it might make another appearance here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

It flew into RAF Brize Norton 5 months ago. That was the last time i seen it on FR24 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know where this is at the moment?

I know it visited Shannon last year - anyone any idea of its movements, or if it might make another appearance here?

It hasn't been in Shannon since 2015. The last time i saw it on FR it was out in the middle east somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So nothing exciting at all then
    Excitement is relative :)

If anyone gets a photo of it on this fine morning, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

It hasn't been in Shannon since 2015. The last time i saw it on FR it was out in the middle east somewhere.

Yes that was it... It flew from it's base in the Ukraine to Brize Norton then to the Middle east.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There's much more excess power in a twin than a quad. After all it has to be able to take off if one engine fails completely when it's too late to stop, so on a twin that means you basically have 100% excess power available if all engines are running, on a quad you only have 33%

Also it'll be much lighter due to fuel burn than it was when taking off originally, and take-offs are usually done "derated" using only as much power as necessary, to save on fuel and engine wear. Go-arounds are (afaik) always done on full power because you want to gain altitude and airspeed as quickly as possible.

Seemed to barely touch down at all. They got a bit nose-down due to a gust just before making the go around decision, touching down nose wheel first will lead to a bounce at best, at worst a nose gear collapse, so once they got below horizontal it wasn't surprising they decided to gtf outta there.

Yeh yeh I got all that it but it’s power is still amazing

smurfjed wrote: »
    Excitement is relative :)

If anyone gets a photo of it on this fine morning, please let me know.

Yes but it’s quite boring relatively, would have preferred it to be an AN-124

keano25 wrote: »
    Ya I was expecting a stealth bomber or something the way it was going..

Even Pm’s I received led me to believe it was going to be something really extra special :rolleyes:

Seemed to barely touch down at all. They got a bit nose-down due to a gust just before making the go around decision, touching down nose wheel first will lead to a bounce at best, at worst a nose gear collapse, so once they got below horizontal it wasn't surprising they decided to gtf outta there.

Yeh so do you know the answer to my question?

A-380’s have had bad press this week eh

• Advertisement

Some companies have social media policies so I can't come out and announce where planes will be, sorry about that. I already have the interior photographs so was hoping to get some of the exterior.

Some companies have social media policies so I can't come out and announce where planes will be, sorry about that. I already have the interior photographs so was hoping to get some of the exterior.

Please. Just give over.

^^^^^^

Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Flew in from Dubai last night, due to the weather which presumably caused the congestion the pilot mentioned, we had to circle off the NCD coast for nigh on 30 mins, then when we landed we had to wait another 20 mins for a stand at T2. Not what you need after an 8 hour odd flight when you are dying to get home.

Unless you are seriously minted and on vacation, in which case you could probably enjoy the place, Dubai is not a pleasant place, especially for a business trip. I was very underwhelmed, and its the good time of the year to visit when you can actually sit out in the Sun or on the rooftop by the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

There are a number here: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=hz-mf7%20shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 35,072 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

keano25 wrote: »
    Ya I was expecting a stealth bomber or something the way it was going..

Wouldn't be much good of a stealth bomber if it was on FR24 ;)
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh so do you know the answer to my question?

No. But don't they have to reduce the flap setting first? As long as they don't overspeed (and a steep climb should take care of that for a good while) they don't have to raise the gear straight away.

No criticism of the crew but I can imagine they got a bit of a fright pitching down that much so close to the runway

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Some companies have social media policies so I can't come out and announce where planes will be, sorry about that.

So your company is aware of your social media presence on boards.ie? Otherwise not sure how it would apply, policies generally cover social presence where it is identifiable who you are and who you work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Its OK, people in Universal may not know your name here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

No. But don't they have to reduce the flap setting first? As long as they don't overspeed (and a steep climb should take care of that for a good while) they don't have to raise the gear straight away.

No criticism of the crew but I can imagine they got a bit of a fright pitching down that much so close to the runway

Saw a pilot say that it looks like a wind shear go around which means you do not change the aircraft configuration until well up and clear of the shear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

So you got the joke :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

King Salman registered on boards is he?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Alright I think we can knock it off with the outrage and finger pointing.
    We have many ppl in this community who have access to internal or propriety company info of their employer. (Recent Aer Lingus livery change as a case in point)
    Even though your/their boards.ie username is essentially incognito they will be reticent to post some of this (aircraft movements and incidents for example) If someone doesn’t want to post then stop badgering them. We have a number of posters who over the years have proven their insider info and or reputation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Killian_R

Sorry if asked before, only new to boards and plane spotting, have seen some interesting finds on FR24 like the Lufthansa a350 and 747's recently but how do people go about getting this information in time so I can get to the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Was just listening to 118.600 there and there is an aircraft coming into land in Dublin called Presidential One. What is this aircraft ? government aircraft ?.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Was just listening to 118.600 there and there is an aircraft coming into land in Dublin called Presidential One. What is this aircraft ? government aircraft ?.

It's a civilian Gulfstream IV operated by a company called Presidential Aviation. No government connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Ah I see. Thanks.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Killian_R wrote: »
    Sorry if asked before, only new to boards and plane spotting, have seen some interesting finds on FR24 like the Lufthansa a350 and 747's recently but how do people go about getting this information in time so I can get to the airport?

Depends really. A350 was a diversion, very little notice on that one.
    B747 yesterday was warned out the day before.
    Current BA B747 getting painted was warned in asvance as hanger was booked. Its leaving on 18th, well worth a look as iys in retro livery.

Im sure there is a dedicated spotters whatsapp type group. "Dublin Spotters and Movements" group on facebook is handy. But there an awful lot of ppl there who dont know that google is a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Saw a pilot say that it looks like a wind shear go around which means you do not change the aircraft configuration until well up and clear of the shear.

Even if there’s no wind shear, it’s a balked landing, so no changes of configuration either until well established in the climb.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Stobart's only ATR 42 EI-GEV has gone to Düsseldorf for maintenance so Donegal is getting an upgrade to a 72 for a while, EI-FMK on duty this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

An Antonov not seen very often - AN-132

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement