Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Super foggy at the moment. Sitting on the runway and this is what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Just seen the RVR's... interesting evening ahead !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Parked up on the Old Airport Road waiting to pick up someone and can barely see the airport fence across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Why aren’t aircraft held out over the sea instead of over land down near city west / up near slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

JCX BXC wrote: »
    EI3229 GLA-DUB holding near Newry, lots of holding this evening as LVP's (Low Visibility Procedures) are in place at Dublin due to fog.

Think he’s off to Shannon now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Why aren’t aircraft held out over the sea instead of over land down near city west / up near slane?

there are multiple holds, including over the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

For runway 10 ops typical holdings are over ADNAL (Northern arrivals) and BABON (Southern arrivals).

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Today's BA flight to KUL will stop in Athens to refuel because of it and wont be carrying bags from World Traveler (Economy) passengers or any cargo

Seems to have bipassed Athens and enroute to KUL so maybe a fuel stop elsewhere?

Looking at BA34 it's over Saudi at the moment so that is more than likely going to stop in Athens for juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Just seen what looked like the bae 146 the queen flys on approach for baldonnel over south dub.
    Any know the reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

jimbis wrote: »
    Just seen what looked like the bae 146 the queen flys on approach for baldonnel over south dub.

There's a British minister due for Feckit talks with Simon Coveney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

A loud propeller plane just flew over my house in Clondalkin. Nothing on FR24, though. An AN-12 perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Trebor176 wrote: »
    A loud propeller plane just flew over my house in Clondalkin. Nothing on FR24, though. An AN-12 perhaps?

This maybe, I hear it most nights at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Think it was a Dash 8

Must have been the Dash 8. It wasn't showing up a while ago for some reason. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

This USAF C-130. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/495817

EchoIndia wrote: »

That would explain why it wasn't showing up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

jimbis wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/CivMilAir/status/1101187797979930630

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Incident with a Laudamotion taking off at Stansted. Suspected engine failure resulted in a/c being evacuated and runway closed for inspection. I believe the field is back open since

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-ongoing-incident-with-laudamotion-airbus-at-london-stansted/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

EDI-ORK looks to be holding for some time. Strong winds here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

50minutes now.

• Advertisement

50minutes now.

Its altitude is rising so I presume it is being diverted to SNN

Its altitude is rising so I presume it is being diverted to SNN

Nope, remaining level and in the hold.

FR908 STN-ORK entering the hold at 9,000ft.

Leaving the hold for an approach to RWY25, over 1hr and 10minutes of holding.

Leaving the hold for an approach to RWY25, over 1hr and 10minutes of holding.

They sure didn’t have a good flight. Nearly 2 hours delays and an extra hour in the air :p

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Landed ! Long ol flight

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

EI144 (EI-LAX) gone around at DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

Mebuntu wrote: »
    EI144 (EI-LAX) gone around at DUB.

We were watching it at the back of the airport with our 2-year-old and when they landed after the go-around and turned at the end of the runway we gave them a wave from the car, someone on the flight deck waved back to us! Made our day.

FR225 Stansted-Dublin just in the ground now in Shannon, diverted after go-around in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Snowing in Dublin airport now, visibility down to 1200m.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement