Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

SN9910 just landed in Brussels from Frankfurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

G-ZAPX finally nearly back at Dublin, passing over Galway now.

Could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware its not going to DUB.

The BOS-SNN passengers were actually sent to DUB on the 330. LBS should be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Going to Stansted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

cheers b757, spot on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

tanker copy.jpg

RAF must be practicing night refueling.. Tornado's off to ISIS soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

Very Interesting tracking routes various aircraft manufacturers use to deliver aircraft to the customer
    You can view the latest global aircraft deliveries logged on planespotters.net -

https://www.planespotters.net/deliveries

And by entering the reg in Flightradar24 ( https://www.flightradar24.com/data/) , you can view which route the aircraft was flown from production/test facility to customer. Amazing to see the Ryanair deliveries of their new 737s flying direct from Seattle to Dublin, obviously without passengers this is possible - they always use flight number FR800 - you can view recent deliveries via following link

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fr800

Obviously for longer distance deliveries and for smaller aircraft stopovers are required. The following plots the delivery of a New ATR from the Toulouse factory to New Zeland via UAE, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-mvj/

2v95fh2.jpg

Also, by entering in the reg or test reg - sometimes referenced on planespotters) , you can view the flight tests of the aircraft before it was delivered to customer. The following showing flight test for a new Boeing 777 delivered this week to Aeroflot.

250kzsh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Growler!!! wrote: »
    It can be handled at all the airports, just not effectively as with any divert. Especially something with the pax numbers of the 380.

Manchester, no problem it does so already. Unless it's stand is already occupied but MAN have sufficient remote stands.
    Birmingham, already handles the 777 and works are underway for the 380 stand. Again, lots of remote stands available.
    Dublin, Billie can prob answer that!

BHX already takes the 380 too, there's a few vids of it on Youtube landing there in x-winds and normal ops.
    DUB can handle the 380, most likely it would be bus jobs or paking around the 400's or 100's as both areas take 747's already without impeding normal ops too much. I still wish for the day to see one in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

Sorry Billie but BHX will only start 380 ops with EK tomorrow. The stand was only completed for it in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

billie1b wrote: »
    BHX already takes the 380 too, there's a few vids of it on Youtube landing there in x-winds and normal ops.
    DUB can handle the 380, most likely it would be bus jobs or paking around the 400's or 100's as both areas take 747's already without impeding normal ops too much. I still wish for the day to see one in Dublin.

In regard BHX, is that on a regular basis? I'm in and out of there a few times a week and never seen it operate. I know it diverted there from MAN once in the past. Our taxi plates indicate the 380 routing, no idea why!

Growler!!! wrote: »
    In regard BHX, is that on a regular basis? I'm in and out of there a few times a week and never seen it operate. I know it diverted there from MAN once in the past. Our taxi plates indicate the 380 routing, no idea why!

Only starts tomorrow Growler! Was in there Sunday evening and the ground crew said it was Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Deatr wrote: »
    Only starts tomorrow Growler! Was in there Sunday evening and the ground crew said it was Thursday.

I thought tomorrow is only a trial run to make sure ground equipment, airbridges etc are all up to standard and the official start date is easter sunday.

BZ wrote: »
    I thought tomorrow is only a trial run to make sure ground equipment, airbridges etc are all up to standard and the official start date is easter sunday.

Which is only 4 days later officially!! Just passing along what I was told!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lots of talk about it on PPRuNe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

Video of the test run at BHX from 22/3/16

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Emirates a380 landed in BHX on BHX's 70th birthday, it was scheduled for that specific ocassion, I think it has been there a few times since then and again the 22nd just gone. I never said it was a scheduled service, just that BHX can take it and are ready for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Another new 737-800 on it's way into Dublin for Ryanair today: https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR800Y/9336cc7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

getting a little windy out there.

Presently on RW28 at 210 degrees wind direction.
    EIDW 251400Z 21021G31KT

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

As I say it, a go around for a Stobart https://www.flightradar24.com/STK41BZ/934291e

Approach ATC advising incoming flights of a switch to RW16 shortly.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

Ei FOY delivery next in to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Ei-ept about to take off from 16. Is this the last 319 to go ? She's flying under ein990, heading to knock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Razor44 wrote: »
    Ei-ept about to take off from 16. Is this the last 319 to go ? She's flying under ein990, heading to knock?

It is indeed. Not going to Knock but airtesting prior to delivery to Vueling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wind at Dub 180 degrees 22 knots gusting 33knots now causing problems

Wind at Dub 180 degrees 22 knots gusting 33knots now causing problems

Has there been go arounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Re new Flightradar24 format: Extra info/features may be nice, but it annoys me that I can't see source/destination, aircraft type and altitude togther without mousing over the sidebar to find the pointlessly-hidden scrollbar and then scrolling. Each new plane selected - rinse & repeat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Re new Flightradar24 format: Extra info/features may be nice, but it annoys me that I can't see source/destination, aircraft type and altitude togther without mousing over the sidebar to find the pointlessly-hidden scrollbar and then scrolling. Each new plane selected - rinse & repeat :mad:

Very annoying alright. And you can only have one line on the aircraft label. I know it is a free service but they bombard you enough with ads that they could at least retains some of the basic features?

FR123 turning for second attempt at DUB.

16:30 METAR giving 230 degrees 32kts gusting 49, ATC wind now only 17kts G34.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anyone tell me why a "National" 747 just flew low over nenagh on its way to Shannon, walked out the back door thinking it was going down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Anyone tell me why a "National" 747 just flew low over nenagh on its way to Shannon, walked out the back door thinking it was going down

I saw one Thursday and thought it was very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It was 7500ft over Nenagh today

381415.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

??????

I've lived under the flight path all my life and that looked far lower than normal, close enough I could read it was a National plane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement