Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would imagine that the thunderstorms have played a part in this rather than anything else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Anyone know anything about the Sikorsky S-92A Helibus that just left Kerry?
    https://www.flightradar24.com/BND07/2107ef9d

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the Sikorsky S-92A Helibus that just left Kerry?
    https://www.flightradar24.com/BND07/2107ef9d

2 of them based there now ferrying personnel to oil/gas exploration off the Southwest

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Citation Mustang passed overhead at what FR24 reported as 1200ft climbing over the south of the city then turned south and is passing Bray at the minute. Loud enough at that alt though invisible with the low cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

From looking out my window and looking at flight radar seems to be lots of planes in holding around shannon currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

EI-SEV the Ryanair -700 and an EasyJet A319 doing laps looking at Fr24

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

dashoonage wrote: »
    From looking out my window and looking at flight radar seems to be lots of planes in holding around shannon currently.

Training I'd say. Ryanair and easy jet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

kewl... working from home and easyjet kept passing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

fearruanua wrote: »
    Training I'd say. Ryanair and easy jet

Yes, training, quite common at Shannon. If they would do that kind of turns with passengers they will spend a fortune on cleaning :D

Edit: I posted in main forum , think I should of posted here.

Hey all, I was just watching the flight radar and an aircraft (EXS301T) was circling Shannon airport for ages then eventually landed, my question is: does anyone know why a plane that (according to FR24 and assuming its right)took off from Manchester heading to prestwick, ended up doing circles in Shannon?
    here is a link I think.
    https://fr24.com/EXS301T/210c3993

• Advertisement

Edit: I posted in main forum , think I should of posted here.

Hey all, I was just watching the flight radar and an aircraft (EXS301T) was circling Shannon airport for ages then eventually landed, my question is: does anyone know why a plane that (according to FR24 and assuming its right)took off from Manchester heading to prestwick, ended up doing circles in Shannon?
    here is a link I think.
    https://fr24.com/EXS301T/210c3993

As with the 2 above, looks like crew training.

Not always, but often training flights have a T at the end of their call sign.

faoiarvok wrote: »
    As with the 2 above, looks like crew training.

Not always, but often training flights have a T at the end of their call sign.

Thanks for that, would you have any input in relation to the flightpath? it looks like it did take off from Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It was never destined to Preswick, flightradar still seems to fail to recognise which callsigns are regular and commercially scheduled, and which callsigns are used for various destinations (for example Training or Positioning)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Volcanic eruption in Kluychevskoy, Russia. Didn't realise FR did symbols for that

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

LH978 FRA-DUB on its way into dub is showing as an A340

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Streetlamp wrote: »

Every Wednesday for the next 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

sparrowcar wrote: »

Wow! Any idea why they're using this aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

fricatus wrote: »
    sparrowcar wrote: »

Wow! Any idea why they're using this aircraft?

Large tour groups mass booking for the summer I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

How do you see private jets that arrived into an airport earlier in the day?

Seen one landing in Kerry today but can't find anything on app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Just saw A6-BNA take off there, brand new 789 operating as EY48. First flight in Charlestown exactly 2 weeks ago and delivered to Etihad on 28 June, first revenue flight 1 July. Always a thrill to see brand new birds taking off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

hey, just wondering if anyone can track past flights? was in Croatia last week and we were on the flight path. One night, I looked up and saw two planes about to cross paths. When others looked up, people really though they were going to hit and a few people were shouting. In fairness I did get a little panic attack myself for a second. It was dark and all we could see was the lights so prob a huge difference in height, but thought I would ask.
    Info I have: location : https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Zaton+Holiday+Resort/@44.228155,15.1670306,779m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x4761f59e4d0dc82b:0x8d127608d21f3960!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d44.2281512!4d15.1692193

Local time: circa: 10.40pm on the 29th June. one plane inbound and one out bound and ill guess Zadar Airport? long shot but thought id ask :-)
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

gaz wac wrote: »
    hey, just wondering if anyone can track past flights? was in Croatia last week and we were on the flight path. One night, I looked up and saw two planes about to cross paths. When others looked up, people really though they were going to hit and a few people were shouting. In fairness I did get a little panic attack myself for a second. It was dark and all we could see was the lights so prob a huge difference in height, but thought I would ask.
    Info I have: location : https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Zaton+Holiday+Resort/@44.228155,15.1670306,779m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m8!3m7!1s0x4761f59e4d0dc82b:0x8d127608d21f3960!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d44.2281512!4d15.1692193

Local time: circa: 10.40pm on the 29th June. one plane inbound and one out bound and ill guess Zadar Airport? long shot but thought id ask :-)
    cheers

I just had a look at the playback for that time and location and attached an image of it. EWG1724 is on approach to Zadar at about 2200ft and AWC583 is departing Zadar at about 4700ft. 2500ft separation between the two planes, which seems fine to me, but maybe not a good idea so close to the ground. I'm curious if this is a normal practice to have one plane depart towards another plane on short final like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

EI JSK in a bit of bother out of shannon at the moment. Is that JP'S plane. Sounds like issue with wheel bay maybe.

Landed safely

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

tv221 wrote: »
    EI JSK in a bit of bother out of shannon at the moment. Is that JP'S plane. Sounds like issue with wheel bay maybe.

Landed safely
    Indeed. It was JP's plane

Engine failure + Mayday as per https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/jp-mcmanuss-private-jet-makes-emergency-landing-at-shannon-935336.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

colbarr wrote: »
    I'm curious if this is a normal practice to have one plane depart towards another plane on short final like this?

And EI pilot actually posted a picture in twitter recently of the ATIS at BOS on an evening he was flying out of it and it showed 15R dep and 33L arr, which are the opposite ends of the same runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

colbarr wrote: »
    I just had a look at the playback for that time and location and attached an image of it. EWG1724 is on approach to Zadar at about 2200ft and AWC583 is departing Zadar at about 4700ft. 2500ft separation between the two planes, which seems fine to me, but maybe not a good idea so close to the ground. I'm curious if this is a normal practice to have one plane depart towards another plane on short final like this?

Thanks a mill, great to see a pix like that. I see the timestamp at 8.40, if it was 10.40 in Croatia, wouldn't it mean it was 9.40 or is that just when your video starts? anyway...scary couple of seconds hoping I wasn't witnessing a crash!! thanks again :)

gaz wac wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, great to see a pix like that. I see the timestamp at 8.40, if it was 10.40 in Croatia, wouldn't it mean it was 9.40 or is that just when your video starts? anyway...scary couple of seconds hoping I wasn't witnessing a crash!! thanks again :)

That 20:40 is probably UTC/Zulu time so an hour behind Irish summer time

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

faoiarvok wrote: »
    That 20:40 is probably UTC/Zulu time so an hour behind Irish summer time

Yeah, flightradar24 runs off UTC/Zulu time and Croatia is currently UTC/Zulu +2hrs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Maybe this has been answered here before but why is the Tellus survey plane not showing up on flightradar24?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭The_Outsider

I'd imagine it's because it's flying so low most of the time.
    I see it popping up between survey details when going to/from host airport.
    not sure of the normal altitude during a detail, but it's eomething like 3-400 feet.
    FR24 coverage in Ireland isn't good enough to pick something like that up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement