Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gar-Bar

For those interested, the Aer Lingus 321 NEO LR is airborne from XFW and enroute to Dublin.

Can’t make it out to the airport but if anyone gets a few snaps of its arrival please share. Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Gar-Bar wrote: »
    For those interested, the Aer Lingus 321 NEO LR is airborne from XFW and enroute to Dublin.............

Just about to post this myself. FR24 not showing reg or destination though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gar-Bar

Tenger wrote: »
    Just about to post this myself. FR24 not showing reg or destination though.

It’s EI-LRA and she’s enroute to DUB. Hope the rain stays away for the approach in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

EIN2395 off Norfolk now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Something a bit unusual heading over Dublin towards Weston; De Havilland DH.104.

https://www.flightradar24.com/217bc611

Sounded fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It sounds like an angry wasp, and not in a good way. 10,000ft and climbing and that's one noisy mother.

https://www.flightradar24.com/HBLUT/2184ea94

Piaggio Avanti, to avoid confusion with the previous post about a DH104, different aircraft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Tabnabs wrote: »
    It sounds like an angry wasp, and not in a good way. 10,000ft and climbing and that's one noisy mother.

https://www.flightradar24.com/HBLUT/2184ea94

That is one cool looking bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hah, that came in over my house at just over 2,000ft yesterday, sent me running out to see what on earth it was! Most unusual sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

LHR flight from Dublin just rejected a take off?

EDIT: New departure time is 17:00h GMT

EDIT2: Looks like this flight using Aircraft EI-DEJ was swapped to EI-DEI - (according to Flightrader24 anyway).

487060.png

487063.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Tazio wrote: »
    LHR flight from Dublin just rejected a take off?

EDIT: New departure time is 17:00h GMT

EDIT2: Looks like this flight using Aircraft EI-DEJ was swapped to EI-DEI - (according to Flightrader24 anyway).

487060.png
    This is the 2nd/3rd time there’s been a problem with this exact flight in the past week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Not a reject, ill passenger had to go back on stand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Sitting on DUB-SZZ. Apparently a 45 minute ATC delay. Looking at FR24 it looks like everything heading into Europe is being similarly hit.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Noxegon wrote: »
    Sitting on DUB-SZZ. Apparently a 45 minute ATC delay. Looking at FR24 it looks like everything heading into Europe is being similarly hit.

Standard these days

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Locker10a wrote: »
    Standard these days

Are you sitting comfortably?

ATC delays are normally due to a failure somewhere. Since all flights are registered and flight planned, their route, timing, etc.,are known. However, en route delays can be created by equipment failures not foreseeable at the time the flight plan was filed.

ATC delays are not 'standard'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭roadmaster

There is a cargolux 747 on its way in to Dublin shortly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

BarryM wrote: »

ATC delays are normally due to a failure somewhere. Since all flights are registered and flight planned, their route, timing, etc.,are known. However, en route delays can be created by equipment failures not foreseeable at the time the flight plan was filed.

Guess failures are a daily occurrence then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

En route flow control due to capacity is absolutely a daily occurrence during the summer months.

So far today, Eurocontrol is reporting 0 minutes of delays due to ATC equipment, and over 120k minutes of delay due to ATC staffing and capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

roadmaster wrote: »
    There is a cargolux 747 on its way in to Dublin shortly

I heard a very loud plane last week so I looked it up on the app and was shocked to see a 747 over my house!

Now its landing again in Dublin! I love 747s

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

ATC delays are normally due to a failure somewhere.

Normally due to a failure to a failure somehwere? If you're including staffing issues, demand exceeding capacity or weather issues as failures, then yes.

Technical failures aren't that common in comparison, but it tends to be when they do occur, the delays can be significantly worse than the normal everyday causes and suddenly the press takes notice and makes a fan-fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@barryM, what impact, if any, do you think the new CPDLC communications will have next Feb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

smurfjed wrote: »
    @barryM, what impact, if any, do you think the new CPDLC communications will have next Feb?

Further improvement in face of constant increase in traffic volumes and, in some places, lack of co-ordination between ATC systems. There are still constrictions applied for overflying.

CPDLC is designed to provide more efficient communication, where it is necessary. It is not designed to deal with increased demand for slots at peak times, for example.

Pull back (-) on FR24 to see the real problem in central Europe and then look up the data on the number of aircraft/operators over the last 5/10 years and, if you can find it, the number of ATC professionals recruited.

Relate all that to density v time of the year.

Typical issue -

"Due to frequent "provider aborts" that Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC) was experiencing with certain avionics packages, they have instituted a white list to ensure that only approved aircraft with avionics packages that have proven to perform well, or with packages that they have insufficient data on, are allowed to access their ATN-B1 services. Operators must apply to have their aircraft added to this list before their aircraft's ATN-B1 request will be accepted by MUAC."

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

UAL22 DUB - EWR descending into SNN with a sick passenger apparently on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

FR showing BAC Strike master G-SOAF over Dublin city centre, possibly heading to Casement

Edit maintaining 1900ft, not descending at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

FR showing BAC Strike master G-SOAF over Dublin city centre, possibly heading to Casement

going t o the Birr air display I'd imagine

This just flew east over me in Dublin. Very loud! Didn't get out in time to see it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This just flew east over me in Dublin. Very loud! Didn't get out in time to see it though :(
    Also in Dublin, wondering what the faster-and-buzzier-than-the-usual-little-propellor-planes entity was going across the sky, had a look at FlightRadar - yes, Strikemaster :)

Making loud and low progress across the country. Started in Cannes earlier today. Not a bad life...

https://www.flightradar24.com/N700EL/2195c2e7

SOCATA TBM-700B, N700EL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Making loud and low progress across the country. Started in Cannes earlier today. Not a bad life...

https://www.flightradar24.com/N700EL/2195c2e7

SOCATA TBM-700B, N700EL
    Ha, in another of my whats-that-plane moments I had already looked that up and was reading a 2016 article on the associated personages...

What was it?? Gone off FR now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ha, in another of my whats-that-plane moments I had already looked that up and was reading a 2016 article on the associated personages...

Who would they be then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement