Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

fricatus wrote: »
    What do you mean? Don't they have to train in autumn and winter too? Or is something changing?

Yes, they train year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Shannon Airport closed since 06:40 with an Omni 767-300 blocking the runway. Fire on the left side undercarriage extinguished.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Appears the incident occured at takeoff (contrary to reports that it was an emergency landing).

2 hours later, still closed, however should be reopening shortly. Morning departures still haven't left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Shannon Airport closed since 06:40 with an Omni 767-300 blocking the runway. Fire on the left side undercarriage extinguished.

What sort of time does this operation take? Waiting to take off from BHX.....haven't been allowed board yet. It's a 90min flight from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

gucci wrote: »
    What sort of time does this operation take? Waiting to take off from BHX.....haven't been allowed board yet. It's a 90min flight from here.

They're changing wheels, then doing checks, then the runway will have to be cleared. I'd say 3+ hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

They're changing wheels, then doing checks, then the runway will have to be cleared. I'd say 3+ hours.

3+ from 6.40 this morning? I guess it takes a few hours to figure out what to do etc?

Just announced we are going to Cork....ah balls

gucci wrote: »
    3+ from 6.40 this morning? I guess it takes a few hours to figure out what to do etc?

Just announced we are going to Cork....ah balls

No, I'd say about 3 hours from now.

Heathrow flights cancelled.

UA25 diverting

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

American Airlines PHL-SNN looks like it has diverted to Manchester.

Delta diverted to Dublin. Kallitta 747 enroute from Istanbul. Wonder will it end up in Dublin as well?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Could hear something out the window, but see no aircraft on Flight tracker. A French Air Force CASA CN-235 200M over Dublin.

https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

American Airlines PHL-SNN looks like it has diverted to Manchester.

Delta diverted to Dublin. Kallitta 747 enroute from Istanbul. Wonder will it end up in Dublin as well?

Edit: Kallitta heading north now, possibly Belfast Int?
    Edit 2: Prestwick?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

3+ hours. Not bad, have you ever thought of what is involved in changing an aircraft landing gear wheel?

Afaik it took about 5-6 hours?

BarryM wrote: »
    3+ hours. Not bad, have you ever thought of what is involved in changing an aircraft landing gear wheel?

I did say the runway would be reopened 3 hours from 0848, I think I was fairly close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

BarryM wrote: »

We did a charity event at LHR a few years back. The fastest main gear wheel change was done in 8 minutes on a B747-400. The major difference on the runway at SNN was heat. Carbon Fibre brakes can retain heat for a long, long time. No one would dare touch those wheels until they cooled sufficiently to handle. Then the axle must be inspected for damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Avherald.com are on the ball as always.
    Incident: Omni International B763 at Shannon on Aug 15th 2019, rejected takeoff due to open cockpit window, subsequent brakes fire and evacuation

An Omni Air International Boeing 767-300, registration N378AX performing flight OY-531 from Shannon (Ireland) to Kuwait City (Kuwait), was holding on taxiway C following a rejected takeoff at about 06:08L (05:08Z) when the crew requested to return to the apron due to a problem with the brakes. Ground instructed the aircraft to stop at first, then instructed the aircraft to turn left onto runway 24 and left onto taxiway A for taxiing back to the apron. While the aircraft turned onto the runway tower reported smoke coming from the landing gear and subsequently, while the aircraft was taxiing on runway 24 towards taxiway A, instructed the crew to stop and evacuate the aircraft, there was fire from the left landing gear. The crew confirmed the brakes issue was with the left main gear, stopped and initiated an evacuation via the right hand slides. Emergency services responded and extinguished the fire quickly. The aircraft however is still disabled on the runway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Could hear something out the window, but see no aircraft on Flight tracker. A French Air Force CASA CN-235 200M over Dublin.

https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

FR24 blocks military flights apart from some Air Corps activity. Exec jets are shown but with almost no flight info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Cityjet RJ squawking 7700 and returning to DUB. Low altitude suggests pressurisation problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Cityjet RJ squawking 7700 and returning to DUB. Low altitude suggests pressurisation problem.

FR24 may be acting up slightly (or perhaps just mine), showed it landing at the Airways Industrial Est and then taxiing across the M1/M50 slip road and parking at the Clonshaugh Business Est.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

GM228 wrote: »
    FR24 may be acting up slightly (or perhaps just mine), showed it landing at the Airways Industrial Est and then taxiing across the M1/M50 slip road and parking at the Clonshaugh Business Est.

Same here. Baldoyle suddenly had a flight path directly overhead.

That's normal, the avro's have poor ADB-S radar (if they have any I'm unsure) and they end up appearing to land on the M50.

However, the 7700 and the altitudes are accurate

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That's normal, the avro's have poor ADB-S radar (if they have any I'm unsure) and they end up appearing to land on the M50.

However, the 7700 and the altitudes are accurate

Can't say I've ever noticed problems with the Avros.

I think all CJ Avros got ADB-S late 2018/early 2019 fitted by BAE Systems.

Can't say I've ever noticed problems with the Avros.

I think all CJ Avros got ADB-S late 2018/early 2019 fitted by BAE Systems.

Historically (as in last few years) they were awful, often posted on here and the Facebook group with people wondering why cityjets appeared to be landing on the M50 or west of swords.

Not entirely sure of the reason, I thought it was the ADB-S radar, but now that I think about it the issue there was normally the aircraft disappearing below a certain altitude, as opposed to being a few hundred metres/kilometers inaccurate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

From waiting for the late (good riddance to it in the winter) flight from BHX operated by the avros, their locations are a bit off alright.

They take off running into the terminal in BHX a lot according to FR24

Cloudio9 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/AirportWebcams/status/1162373459055390720?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

2 ryanairs from Las Palmas and Luton just gone around. Anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Foggy43 wrote: »
    We did a charity event at LHR a few years back. The fastest main gear wheel change was done in 8 minutes on a B747-400. The major difference on the runway at SNN was heat. Carbon Fibre brakes can retain heat for a long, long time. No one would dare touch those wheels until they cooled sufficiently to handle. Then the axle must be inspected for damage.

Thanks for that. LHR charity event is a long way from SNN at 06.00 on yer average Summer Wednesday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Lufthansa A340 just passed me on its way in to DUB. Paint job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Shannon philadelphia American airlines in the hold after take off from Shannon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement