Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Had engine issues apparently. Sat in the hold for a bit then did an overweight landing.

https://www.thejournal.ie/us-plane-return-shannon-airport-engine-problems-4777696-Aug2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ei 129 a330 seems to be returning to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

eastmayo wrote: »
    Ei 129 a330 seems to be returning to Dublin.

On the hold burning some fuel before landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Looks like it’s holding due to usual rush hour congestion at Dublin airport. Has flown the full arc on the arrival as are most aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Pressurization issues, landed ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

basill wrote: »
    Looks like it’s holding due to usual rush hour congestion at Dublin airport. Has flown the full arc on the arrival as are most aircraft.

He requested to go into the hold for several rounds to burn off more fuel before landing, ATC approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

An-12,UR-CAH, should pass over Rosslare area in the next 20 minutes westbound

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Waterford City in few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Heard it in Wexford Town 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Heard it in Wexford Town 😀

Bah, I was in bed, unusually for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Did a British Airways 747 bound for JFK just make an unscheduled landing at Shannon.?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

washman3 wrote: »
    Did a British Airways 747 bound for JFK just make an unscheduled landing at Shannon.?

BA179 777 turned back over Mayo ex-LHR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Saw the Cargolux 747 go out of Dublin at 2/2.30 and the Emirates 777 in world expo livery go shortly after. Little lad was delighted with his spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Dublin Ops switched over to Rwy 16 around midnight bit we're temporarily suspended a few minutes ago. There was talk of contamination on the runway and "a carcass" being found. Ops resuming presently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

The press are on it... https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/humming-noise-heard-across-south-18997042

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Heard it in Kerry. Not listening for it either! You'd know it was something different, even indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Dublin Ops switched over to Rwy 16 around midnight bit we're temporarily suspended a few minutes ago. There was talk of contamination on the runway and "a carcass" being found. Ops resuming presently

Probably a hare, there are tonnes of those things at DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Why would EI-ICG be hovering over gaffs in north Dublin at 1300 feet at 11pm like now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Strumms wrote: »
    Why would EI-ICG be hovering over gaffs in north Dublin at 1300 feet at 11pm like now ???

Awaiting clearance for approach to the airport? It's a busy time for line traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

RadioRetro wrote: »

Jaysus you’d think one had never flown over Ireland before. They like to push the Russian military agenda :rolleyes:

Www.uaa-avia.com for those that don’t know the airline/aircraft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

BA 787-900 Flight BAW278 (CAO 406D79) San Jose to London Heathrow is currently squawking 7700 over North Wales, but appears to be continuing onwards at the normal FL400 at the normal speeds.

(Picked up on my own ADS-B listener, confirmed on FR24 site)

Wonder what's going on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Popoutman wrote: »
    BA 787-900 Flight BAW278 (CAO 406D79) San Jose to London Heathrow is currently squawking 7700 over North Wales, but appears to be continuing onwards at the normal FL400 at the normal speeds.

(Picked up on my own ADS-B listener, confirmed on FR24 site)

Wonder what's going on.
    Descending into LHR now, still squawking 7700.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Certainly seems to be being put early into the landing queue.

Will get to see it on webcam at https://cam.airlive.net/lhr for a few sec at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

I was on EI0527 yesterday evening and we had a go around due to a bird strike during the landing ahead of us. I'd love to hear the ATC conversation if possible (I can only find live feeds).

I know go arounds happen frequently enough but it was my first one and the suddenness of it all, without any warning, gave me a bit of a freight! 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

green909 wrote: »
    I was on EI0527 yesterday evening and we had a go around due to a bird strike during the landing ahead of us. I'd love to hear the ATC conversation if possible (I can only find live feeds).

I know go arounds happen frequently enough but it was my first one and the suddenness of it all, without any warning, gave me a bit of a freight! 🙂

Where do you get live feeds of ATC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Liveatc.net then search for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭CoisFharraige

green909 wrote: »

Look at FR24 in history and find your flight that went around on the 25th, find the exact time and input that here: https://www.liveatc.net/archive.php?m=eidw_twr_118600 Listen for EIN527 on the comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Clip for that time is only 1.20 long.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

An-12 UR-CEZ on her way to Shannon from Club-Napoca. That should keep the tabloids going for a while 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

An-12 UR-CEZ on her way to Shannon from Club-Napoca. That should keep the tabloids going for a while ��

What the heck would need such a cargo lift between Shannon and Romania :confused:, would Shannon be acting as a refuel stopover?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement