Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

An-12 UR-CNN just flew directly over me near Shannon, what a sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ciano35 wrote: »
    An-12 UR-CNN just flew directly over me near Shannon, what a sound :)

Madrid Reykjavik

vicwatson wrote: »
    Madrid Reykjavik

That’s the one. Delighted because I haven’t heard one in years.

That’s the one. Delighted because I haven’t heard one in years.

They fly over regularly enough. Usually pointed out in this thread, keep an eye on it

They fly over regularly enough. Usually pointed out in this thread, keep an eye on it

Oh I do keep eye on it, but I’m always in the wrong place at the wrong time. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What's the craic with the Danish registered Britten-Norman BN2A-21 doing laps over south Dublin at the moment?

https://www.flightradar24.com/OYCKS/2214f2a9

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Nice drone off the C130 flying over Dublin at the moment.

https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Nice drone off the C130 flying over Dublin at the moment.

Another one heading towards Dublin from Shannon

C-GSGF - British Antarctic Survey - whats it surveying over the south east anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

C-GSGF - British Antarctic Survey - whats it surveying over the south east anyone know?

https://www.gsi.ie/en-ie/programmes-and-projects/tellus/Pages/default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EasyJet MXP-DUB about to land as EC9040.

Any idea what this flight is? Charter I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Looks like Laudamotion and Ryanair both diverting to SNN from DUB after holding for a short while, must be running low on fuel waiting for a landing slot at Dublin, some aircraft doing 6+ times around the holding patterns.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Rare to see Easy in DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Ryanair will be foaming at the mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Van.Bosch wrote: »

In for a C check

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Why was Lauda flying from SNN to DUB? Repositioning or stop to let pax off but not let any on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

TK Lemon wrote: »
    Why was Lauda flying from SNN to DUB? Repositioning or stop to let pax off but not let any on?

Diverted to SNN on the inbound flight from VIE due fuel requirements after being informed of landing EAT.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Diverted to SNN on the inbound flight from VIE due fuel requirements after being informed of landing EAT.

Thanks. What do you mean? Too much fuel onboard and therefore too heavy to land on the shorter runway at DUB?

Jack1985 wrote: »

Thanks. What do you mean? Too much fuel onboard and therefore too heavy to land on the shorter runway at DUB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

TK Lemon wrote: »

When they left Vienna they had planned for their trip fuel, alternate, minimums and 15 minute hold time at Dublin due to the place being a mess, by the time they got to Dublin the hold time had increased to 35 minutes, so they diverted to Shannon to top up the fuel and go back to Dublin to drop off the passengers and pick up their new ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Hi,

Sorry total amateur for this sort of talk but I've started having an occasional look at Flightradar 24. Just saw something there, there's a plane that took off from Shannon headed to Sarajevo. There's are the numbers for it (I think) 6W4102 /FBS4102. Anyway, this plane has headed up north and was just circling around Leitrim, now is headed west and now is after landing in Knock. Would this happen often or would it be an emergency landing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry total amateur for this sort of talk but I've started having an occasional look at Flightradar 24. Just saw something there, there's a plane that took off from Shannon headed to Sarajevo. There's are the numbers for it (I think) 6W4102 /FBS4102. Anyway, this plane has headed up north and was just circling around Leitrim, now is headed west and now is after landing in Knock. Would this happen often or would it be an emergency landing?

Thats E7-FBB and A319 operating for FlyBosnia. Its likely out of maintenance in Shannon and performing a test flight.

However, it could also be a troop charter bringing peacekeepers out that direction. Although I think they normally go from BAL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

British Airways a350,G-XWBB,making its way towards Shannon from Toulouse. Due about 1650

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭einn32

British Airways a350,G-XWBB,making its way towards Shannon from Toulouse. Due about 1650

Saw her on on FR24 and caught a glimpse of her landing in the distance. Paint job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hi all. 1st post here. So go easy lol.
    Only ever look at the tracker app ocassionally.

Just on the app now and seen a plane over Cork heading from east to west, that is "blocked" is this unusual normal..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Ceepo wrote: »
    Hi all. 1st post here. So go easy lol.
    Only ever look at the tracker app ocassionally.

Just on the app now and seen a plane over Cork heading from east to west, that is "blocked" is this unusual normal..

Sometimes their military, which can be checked on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Ceepo

tv221 wrote: »
    Sometimes their military, which can be checked on

Good to know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

G-XWBB just flew low directly over me in Ennis, was a nice surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭einn32

G-XWBB just flew low directly over me in Ennis, was a nice surprise.

Watching it now from across the river. Wish I was closer but can't complain either! Perfect conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement