Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

EI147 Dub - SFO is return to Dublin. Reason unknown

Mate is on the plane. Medical emergency hes saying

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

I've been told there was a fight onboard and someone got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Mebuntu wrote: »
    I've been told there was a fight onboard and someone got injured.

Dreadful if true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Dreadful if true

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

sparrowcar wrote: »
    It's not.

Strange. I got my info directly from an airline employee and someone else got the same story from another one. I waited a good while before posting here.

Apologies if this info is untrue and maybe sparrowcar can tell us what did happen.

• Advertisement

Not really in a position to comment.
    Much more to the story than what you've heard. Some compassion for the individual who caused the incident if you can read between the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

icom wrote: »
    Fog at Dublin - Low Vis now in operation

Cat 1 approach

Touchdown 700 metres Midpoint 550 metres Stop End 400 metres

Edit: Touchdown 2000 metres Midpoint 2000 metres Stop End 1000 metres

Cat I isn't low vis? I doubt LVP's were in place, perhaps RVO's?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Not really in a position to comment.
    Much more to the story than what you've heard. Some compassion for the individual who caused the incident if you can read between the lines.

Real story pretty much told on twitter from passengers on the flight and not a whole lot of sympathy for him between his dancing and assaulting others. I think it was wrong of aer lingus to describe it as a medical emergency considering it was the gards who had to take him off the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I hope everyone is ok, it must be very frightening being stuck in a plane with no escape when someone goes off the rails for whatever reason.

I've often wondered if crew have restraints like cable ties or something to keep someone in their seat. But that's probably a State secret.

I hope everyone is ok, it must be very frightening being stuck in a plane with no escape when someone goes off the rails for whatever reason.

I've often wondered if crew have restraints like cable ties or something to keep someone in their seat. But that's probably a State secret.

Yep I'd say it's a horrible experience.

Crew do carry restraints, it's not a secret. Plenty of videos on YouTube of incidents in the air when passengers have been restrained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I shudder to think what a SFO diversion costs. Arrangements for six hundred odd passengers plus a full load of fuel — that has to hurt.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Noxegon wrote: »
    I shudder to think what a SFO diversion costs. Arrangements for six hundred odd passengers plus a full load of fuel — that has to hurt.

I’m sure it’s well factored in to the price of a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Why has'nt this incident been reported by the mainstream media.??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

washman3 wrote: »
    Why has'nt this incident been reported by the mainstream media.??

Cause it’s Aer Lingus, they only report good news stories for them, did you not know that according to most people things like this don’t happen on EI flights cause their ‘guests’ would never behave in this way, according to them it’s only on RYR flights these things happen

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is it possible to listen to ATC for 7700 alerts?

Best app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

adam88 wrote: »
    I’m sure it’s well factored in to the price of a ticket

I'm sure it is. I just wonder what it costs.

Anyone know what the fuel bill is for a DUB-SFO run?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pete2k wrote: »
    Real story pretty much told on twitter from passengers on the flight and not a whole lot of sympathy for him between his dancing and assaulting others. I think it was wrong of aer lingus to describe it as a medical emergency considering it was the gards who had to take him off the plane.

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Noxegon wrote: »
    I'm sure it is. I just wonder what it costs.

Anyone know what the fuel bill is for a DUB-SFO run?

Average of what? 5 - 5.5 tonne per hour, 10 hour flight, average of 55 tonne, so thats about 68,000 litres, average cost of fuel 0.40c per litre, so around €27,000 for trip fuel alone, then you have your alternate and reserve fuel etc on board , my figures may not be up to date though, so open to correction, don’t think it’d be far off though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is Fr24 correct that today Dublin Airport is open and Ryanair are operating flights to and from Stansted, Luton and others? Only a few flights put on but first time I've seen an Irish airport properly open on the 25th.

Merry Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    Is Fr24 correct that today Dublin Airport is open and Ryanair are operating flights to and from Stansted, Luton and others? Only a few flights put on but first time I've seen an Irish airport properly open on the 25th.

Merry Christmas all

Nope, it's closed, the departure schedules on the airport website are the accurate ones. FR24 seems to just assume some flights will run.

Ethopian went via Shannon this morning, Shannon is fully open as it is every year just without any flights operating. There was one to Poland (?) a few years back if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

fr336 wrote: »

Merry Christmas all

Merry Christmas, I saw them listed on the App last night and i was wondering the same.
    However if you select Dublin on the map and click on Ground you will see that the last plane in was 14 hours ago and that was an EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yup, Dublin and Cork fully closed today with Shannon open basically as an emergency runway.

There seem to be more flights going out of Heathrow today than last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Flight from Austin diverted to Shannon today, anyone got any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Yup, Dublin and Cork fully closed today with Shannon open basically as an emergency runway.

There seem to be more flights going out of Heathrow today than last year though.

Shannon had a few transit movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ulster Flying Club are up and about over Belfast at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

air wrote: »
    Flight from Austin diverted to Shannon today, anyone got any details?

I noticed a 767 making a sharp left a few hundred miles south, he came in over Loop Head and turned again onto the normal approach over Foynes and landed in SNN. No route info on flight radar. Just before he came in, a black helicopter flew from the Cork direction to SNN, no transponder switched on, may not have had anything to do with the 767 landing. Nothing on news media anywhere, but all the ****e they publish today was written last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

JCJCJC wrote: »
    I noticed a 767 making a sharp left a few hundred miles south, he came in over Loop Head and turned again onto the normal approach over Foynes and landed in SNN. No route info on flight radar. Just before he came in, a black helicopter flew from the Cork direction to SNN, no transponder switched on, may not have had anything to do with the 767 landing. Nothing on news media anywhere, but all the ****e they publish today was written last August.
    https://flightaware.com/live/flight/OAE543/history/20191225/0300Z/KGRK/EINN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Thanks, a scheduled flight so, apologies for saying it was a diversion.
    Not a passenger flight though today surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

air wrote: »
    Thanks, a scheduled flight so, apologies for saying it was a diversion.
    Not a passenger flight though today surely?

US troop charter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

JCJCJC wrote: »
    a black helicopter flew from the Cork direction to SNN, no transponder switched on

Just my regular reminder that not on FR24 ≠ no transponder or not on radar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement