Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Going around

How's the EZY doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

fr336 wrote: »
    How's the EZY doing?

landed Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

fr336 wrote: »
    How's the EZY doing?

On the ground in LPL and no longer squaking 7700. Meanwhile another BA go-around at LGW. Thomson next up.

Thanks Pat, hope you're good

• Advertisement

Going around at LTN again...

Thomson going around at LGW. Looks like the BA may be considering another go, both aircraft made good attempts, were fairly close to the ground when the go-around was initiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

BA go around initiated again

BA go around initiated again

Diversion imminent now, Thomson also diverting.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭KinnegadKid

Aye BA diverted..weather must be fairly turbulent

• Advertisement

I best be off, thanks folks and goodnight

Thomson diversion from LGW gone around at BHX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

G-XLED BA56 diverting to SNN
    An A380

2x 777's and a 330 diverted into Dublin. One 777-200LR just departed for Heathrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Foggy43 wrote: »
    An A380

Looks to be heading off from SNN now

Edit: He was showing on FR24 but now hes gone again

On the move this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Foggy43 wrote: »
    An A380

How many times has Shannon seen an A380 with pax on it? Can't be that often!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Three times that I am aware off.
    One Air France and two BA

Edit: It is 3 BA A380's
    G-XLEC June 19, 2014 - Crew Out of Hours before reaching LHR as they had allready divered to Toronto on route from LAX
    G-XLEB March 11, 2016 - Foggy LHR
    G-XLED March 28, 2016 - Windy LHR

Does Shannon have a suitable tug and handing equipment out of interest or do they park it on a remote stand that it an self-maneuver off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

bkehoe wrote: »
    Does Shannon have a suitable tug and handing equipment out of interest or do they park it on a remote stand that it an self-manuevor off?

SNN can handle it perfectly and have all the required equipment.

SNN can handle it perfectly and have all the required equipment.

Ok, so as someone in the know can you be more specific perhaps? Is there a designated stand for A380 diversions (I'd be really surprised if its in front of the terminal with an airbridge) and does SNN really have an A380 compatible tug sat around idle for most of the time?

Edit; Previous media articles report that a few years ago the BA A380 parked on a taxiway as the ramp has insufficient wing tip clearance and there is no ground handing equipment (tug I presume), so has this changed?

• Advertisement

Ok, so as someone in the know can you be more specific perhaps? Is there a designated stand for A380 diversions (I'd be really surprised if its in front of the terminal with an airbridge) and does SNN really have an A380 compatible tug sat around idle for most of the time?

It parks at the end of the transatlantic stands AFAIK, gate 14 I think. Its a gate with an air bridge but the air bridge cannot be used as its not suitable for the A380.

Edit: Upon researching I cannot be sure of this information, I'll let someone more qualified answer this.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Edit; Previous media articles report that a few years ago the BA A380 parked on a taxiway as the ramp has insufficient wing tip clearance and there is no ground handing equipment (tug I presume), so has this changed?

There are several tugs that can push the A380 in SNN, they have been doing pushes and tows on AN124s and the AN225 foe years. There are two nose in stands that can take the A380 as far as I remember. There is also taxiway 11 where if necessary you could park 3 together if it was required.

Don't believe everything you read in the media. Wingtip clearance was never an issue the problem was no towbar which now has been resolved.

BZ wrote: »
    There are several tugs that can push the A380 in SNN, they have been doing pushes and tows on AN124s and the AN225 foe years. There are two nose in stands that can take the A380 as far as I remember. There is also taxiway 11 where if necessary you could park 3 together if it was required.

Don't believe everything you read in the media. Wingtip clearance was never an issue the problem was no towbar which now has been resolved.

Perhaps the wing tip clearance relates to other traffic on the ramp at a given time; the A380s arrival being unplanned would make it difficult to ensure that there is always a free stand. Certainly this is the case when I've seen one arrive at other airports that doesn't normally serve them which is why I'm curious. I fly into several airports with regular 380 ops and the thing always seems a challenge for ground controllers to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Here's a pic of the diversion from a few weeks ago (pic from utv ireland news site)

I was going to suggest the adjacent stand would surely have to be vacant, but obviously not as there is a 777 on stand next to it in the above pic.

The A380 gets towed onto stand 42 and pushed off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

How many times has Shannon seen an A380 with pax on it? Can't be that often!

There was one there about two weeks ago (and a BA Jumbo) when they had all that fog in the SE, I saw it myself as I was passing through...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

Heavy winds also on Amsterdam's 18R - 36L runway. Livestream of the runway on http://www.rtvnh.nl/nieuws/182324/live-vliegtuigen-trotseren-zuidwesterstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

There's a towbar you can get that pushes all the aircraft on the list here, its classed as a wide-body towbar

Boeing
    B747, B757, B767, B777, B787,
    McDonnell Douglas DC-10, MD-11,
    Lockheed L1011,
    Airbus A-300, A-310, A-330, A-340, and A380 aircraft
    You can also get a towbar with inter changeable heads that suits a range of different aircraft.

The typical tug would be the Goldhofer AST-1x, rumour has it that it can pull an empty a380 at 50km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

I'm going to be in the Shannon area for part of today, don't suppose anyone knows if there's anything of interest in or out? 747, A380, 777, Antonov, etc...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anyone know what the air corp helicopters are up to over meath right now seen 4 or 5 of them in formation flying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Stobart flight from KIR to DUB being operated by a different ATR, OY-RUG of Danish Air Transport....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement