Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Anyone know the reason for that go around for the Salzburg flight into Cork last night? It was clear and no wind just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

eastmayo wrote: »
    Norwegian 737 off the mayo coast seems to be diverting to Dublin or Shannon

Strange one. It’s still at 36000 ft so going to UK maybe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Anyone know the reason for that go around for the Salzburg flight into Cork last night? It was clear and no wind just wondering.

Fog/low visibility

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Strange one. It’s still at 36000 ft so going to UK maybe.

Ya strange alright,seems to be the UK it's heading for.

marno21 wrote: »
    Fog/low visibility

Quick question then how come it came in maybe 15 minutes later and made the landing just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

eastmayo wrote: »
    Ya strange alright,seems to be the UK it's heading for.

I’m guessing Gatwick as they will have maintenance there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

LH 519 just landed at Dublin airport from San Jose to Frankfurt. Anyone know why? Came in pretty fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Gulfstream 500 flew from UK, did what looked like a holding pattern over northern Ireland and is now north west of Donegal. What's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,374 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Gulfstream 500 flew from UK, did what looked like a holding pattern over northern Ireland and is now north west of Donegal. What's going on there?

Looks like it's heading back to where it took off from

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Quick question then how come it came in maybe 15 minutes later and made the landing just curious.

Have you ever seen how quickly fog can arrive and depart at cork??? You could of even had an aircraft behind get down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Have you ever seen how quickly fog can arrive and depart at cork??? You could of even had an aircraft behind get down.

15 minutes is enough at any airport for a major improvement in Visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

No air-traffic over the Philippines as Taal Volcano has erupted around 40 miles from Manila causing chaos across the country of 110m people who are heavily dependent on air-traffic due to the lack of a domestic Rail network.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Have just seen on FL Radar that Aeroflot from Moscow is about to land. Is this a regular route or what? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Regular

Regular

Great, where do I buy a ticket ( and a visa and all the rest of it). :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Great, where do I buy a ticket ( and a visa and all the rest of it). :P

Where would you normally buy a airline ticket?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Where would you normally buy a airline ticket?

Ah FGS, I never knew there was a direct flight from Dublin to Moscow. Bad marketing. But whatever.

I was only having a laugh. Visas to Russia are not the easiest to obtain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Ah FGS, I never knew there was a direct flight from Dublin to Moscow. Bad marketing. But whatever.

I was only having a laugh. Visas to Russia are not the easiest to obtain either.
    https://www.russianembassy.net/rusvisa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Ah FGS, I never knew there was a direct flight from Dublin to Moscow.

They're not the first - S7 ran a route to Domodedovo for a while.

It's a great option for getting home at the end of a trip. Not so good for people heading to Moscow though; I can't see many Irish residents voluntarily taking a four hour flight that lands at 2:20am body clock time / 5:20am local time.

I used Air Baltic via Riga for my outbound – much more civilised.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Noxegon wrote: »
    They're not the first - S7 ran a route to Domodedovo for a while.

It's a great option for getting home at the end of a trip. Not so good for people heading to Moscow though; I can't see many Irish residents voluntarily taking a four hour flight that lands at 2:20am body clock time / 5:20am local time.

I used Air Baltic via Riga for my outbound – much more civilised.

Don't think the S7 route is gone, it was summer only previously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭flazio

STN to NOC diverted to DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Don't think the S7 route is gone, it was summer only previously

I just tried booking random dates in summer 2020 and it’s not in the schedule.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR4776 (MAN-SNN) holding at 10,000ft at Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Have just seen on FL Radar that Aeroflot from Moscow is about to land. Is this a regular route or what? Thanks.

Often seen that at T2. Usually late in the evening. Think it’s daily. Must be a far ole demand for it to be viable.
    Good few further eastern flights now, Chisinau in Moldova is another odd one with two operators? I guess ireland is hugely attractive to Moldovan migrants given the now easier work permit scenario, abundance of work and good pay here

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

JCX BXC wrote: »

Looks like she’s off to Cork now.

JCX BXC wrote: »

Looks to be headed to Cork now. Minimums must be exceeded at SNN. Bumpy ride for everyone but hope they get down soon

road_high wrote: »
    Often seen that at T2. Usually late in the evening. Think it’s daily. Must be a far ole demand for it to be viable.
    Good few further eastern flights now, Chisinau in Moldova is another odd one with two operators? I guess ireland is hugely attractive to Moldovan migrants given the now easier work permit scenario, abundance of work and good pay here

Country with lots of nice wine, and largest winery in world, might be worth a trip there but I see flights are expensive. Some affordable luxury accommodation.

Air Moldova always last flight out of Dublin at Christmas Eve, it’s the lonely aircraft visible on FlightRadar24.

Looks like she’s off to Cork now.

Just this second seen the plane fly up on its approach in there having fun in that cockpit i'd say :)

Just this second seen the plane fly up on its approach in there having fun in that cockpit i'd say :)

Seem to be landing in cork anyhow. Everything from SNN seems to be going there now

• Advertisement

She’s down. Pilots are amazing in this weather

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement