Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Amsterdam flight to Cork having another go also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

RYR80 currently circling for knock, imagine its waiting for less wind so might wait awhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

road_high wrote: »
    She’s down. Pilots are amazing in this weather

That Ryanair flight just landed there.Shame on someone like Michael O'Leary saying pilots have an easy job for there wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    RYR80 currently circling for knock, imagine its waiting for less wind so might wait awhile

Diverted stanstead now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

FR8412 LTN - NOC heading straight to Dublin

• Advertisement

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Gone to Dublin

Just waiting on my 4pm from Heathrow from to get cancelled.

Gone to Dublin

Nope, pilot requested STN and it's on it's way now at 30,000ft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Nope, pilot requested STN and it's on it's way now at 30,000ft

Ryanair doesn't have a scheduled flight from Dublin to Knock.

It appears that this was a recovery from an earlier diversion - this morning's FR805 STN-NOC diverted to DUB.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dwy#23817ddd

Long day for the passengers. Instead of arriving at NOC at 9:00am they're going back where they started after two flights.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »

Could this have been a recovery from an earlier diversion that we didn't notice? They do operate STN-NOC.

Yes it is, originally went to DUB then tried for NOC again later. Now back to STN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Noxegon wrote: »

It appears that this was a recovery from an earlier diversion - this morning's FR805 STN-NOC diverted to DUB.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-dwy#23817ddd

Long day for the passengers. Instead of arriving at NOC at 9:00am they're going back where they started after two flights.

No. Most likely they disembarked in Dublin and are on a bus to Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://www.flightradar24.com/2381d035 Edi to Noc looks like its heading to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Wow Dublin Airport looking busy now with that runway change. Few go-arounds and approx 9 holdings to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

flexcon wrote: »
    Wow Dublin Airport looking busy now with that runway change. Few go-arounds and approx 9 holdings to get in.

They might divert to Belfast will they? Probably not as windy up there...yet

There’s an ATR headed for SNN now- I think it’s a cargo plane

Lot of flights heading for and circling Dublin. Not an easy one for air traffic control either this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Dublin RWY 16 in use though they'll switch to RWY 28, crosswinds will be a big factor, though if that's the case i'd expect more go-arounds/circling and diversions..

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Dublin RWY 16 in use though they'll switch to RWY 28, crosswinds will be a big factor, though if that's the case i'd expect more go-arounds/circling and diversions..

Only been one GA and no diversions so they've been doing quite well.

Flights getting off from Cork and SNN just now.

Flights getting off from Cork and SNN just now. Jets seem to be managing so far

• Advertisement

The radar on windy looks like there is a break in the wind but looks like it should pick up again around 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Google Dubai airport rain, videos, and you will see what causes the delays. It was more like arriving in the Maldives.

FR47 from cork? I assume its positioning to SNN

FR47 from cork? I assume its positioning to SNN

Was that a diverted plane heading back to SNN?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Just looking at some of the approach routings for RWY16 today and some flights get sent way up, pretty much to Co.Cavan before turning back to approach. I understand they need to allow for spacing etc. but would it not be better just to put them in a hold instead of the extra flying miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Just looking at some of the approach routings for RWY16 today and some flights get sent way up, pretty much to Co.Cavan before turning back to approach. I understand they need to allow for spacing etc. but would it not be better just to put them in a hold instead of the extra flying miles.

Not to be facetious, but do they burn less fuel flying in a circle than in a straight line for the same time? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

DUB to LCY this afternoon, diverted to SEN after a few very hairy attempts to land:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba4467#23828763

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Further French strike action began tonight at 1800 running until 0530 Friday morning, coupled with Italian strike action tomorrow 1200-1600 who will be refusing entry to Italian airspace for overflight traffic. :rolleyes:

Maybe a day to stay at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BA 274,747 G-CIVL,currently west of Shannon is diverting into Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

BA 274,747 G-CIVL,currently west of Shannon is diverting into Shannon.

Apparently due to winds in LHR at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement