Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Possible incident at Gatwick Airport which may be closed temporarily due to a tarmac issue. EZY19JT, EZY51NT and EZY95FR are all on the ground after sqawking 7700.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I spotted that, a few flights diverted, there were a cluster of vehicles in the middle of the runway and nothing took off for a while. Think its back to normal now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Is it just me or are there a lot of GA aircraft airborne in the UK atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Is it just me or are there a lot of GA aircraft airborne in the UK atm?

It rained all day yesterday in the South East of the UK. Today is the complete opposite. It is a very nice and sunny. Perfect day to get the old aeroplane out flying because the good weather is not going to last very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know who owns OH-GTH?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'd guess Pilatus themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

FR1902 from Krakow has just abandoned its approach into Dub.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

EI128 YYZ-DUB turned around off the Canadian coast and looks to be returning to YYZ.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Noxegon wrote: »
    EI128 YYZ-DUB turned around off the Canadian coast and looks to be returning to YYZ.

EI-EWR just landed back in Toronto.

EI-EWR has now returned to Dublin, having just landed as EI1128, taking a more southerly track than that of the previous day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Heard a flight today getting asked his aircraft type, the answer was P8, is this the B737 Poseidon ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

LXFlyer wrote: »
    EI-EWR has now returned to Dublin, having just landed as EI1128, taking a more southerly track than that of the previous day.

Apparently since back and forth to Shannon from Dublin with lots of loops around Shannon on both journeys...

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

smurfjed wrote: »
    Heard a flight today getting asked his aircraft type, the answer was P8, is this the B737 Poseidon ?

Sure is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

dfx- wrote: »
    Apparently since back and forth to Shannon from Dublin with lots of loops around Shannon on both journeys...

Looks more like test flights, barely enough time on the ground to taxi to terminal, shutdown, walk around, start up, taxi out.

Operated under EI99x so is a positioning/training/test flight

If in revenue ops charter it would be EI4xxx

Looks more like test flights, barely enough time on the ground to taxi to terminal, shutdown, walk around, start up, taxi out.

Operated under EI99x so is a positioning/training/test flight

If in revenue ops charter it would be EI4xxx

It was performing multiple touch and go's - quite clearly a test flight of some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Training flights probably, there was a 330 doing circuits earlier this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Why is there a load of blue planes on FR24 today? It's on my computer and on the app on my phine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Why is there a load of blue planes on FR24 today? It's on my computer and on the app on my phine :confused:

Satellite-based ADS-B coverage

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1238102765081186306

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Jet2 flights enroute to Spain are turning back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Jet2 flights enroute to Spain are turning back

Seemingly they are turning back to empty their passengers , refuel and head back to their original destinations to bring people home ahead of an expected flight embargo from tonight to/from all of Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

GBX wrote: »

Nice map of how the coronavirus spread all over the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

People,

Could you verify what I am seeing in flight radar.

Today I was meant to take the 11.30am flight from Dublin to Boston but instead chose not to fly due to the emergency declared by trump.

Spent 4 hours in total trying to reach Aer lingus to rearrange flight before it took off. However - it shows the flight hasn’t taken off and it’s not updating in flight radar.

Would this mean they cancelled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

flexcon wrote: »
    People,

Could you verify what I am seeing in flight radar.

Today I was meant to take the 11.30am flight from Dublin to Boston but instead chose not to fly due to the emergency declared by trump.

Spent 4 hours in total trying to reach Aer lingus to rearrange flight before it took off. However - it shows the flight hasn’t taken off and it’s not updating in flight radar.

Would this mean they cancelled it?

It looks like going ahead, Dublin airport website shows it as Go to Preclearance. Most other departures to the USA have been delayed, suspected to be a result of the extra time Preclearance is taking with the new travel restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Norwegian 737 LN-NIA on the way into Shannon now for storage.(currently near Belfast)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

It looks like going ahead, Dublin airport website shows it as Go to Preclearance. Most other departures to the USA have been delayed, suspected to be a result of the extra time Preclearance is taking with the new travel restrictions.

Yep just took off now - 4 hours late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Just seen an EI flight heading to KEF wonder what's going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Norwegian 737 LN-NIA on the way into Shannon now for storage.(currently near Belfast)

The first of many and isn't just Norwegian that are parking in SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Just seen an EI flight heading to KEF wonder what's going on there.

Charter flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Charter flight.

Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Easyjet 48 took off from LGW and did some loops between northern Scotland and the Faroes...returning to LGW now

Probably flying empty just to keep the slots at the airport...

https://www.flightradar24.com/EZY4848/242f9749

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement