Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Easyjet 48 took off from LGW and did some loops between northern Scotland and the Faroes...returning to LGW now

Probably flying empty just to keep the slots at the airport...

https://www.flightradar24.com/EZY4848/242f9749

It was a Northern Lights flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

Why are these two planes blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Blue aircraft are tracked by satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

TK Lemon wrote: »

Pics. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've never noticed any blue aircraft on fr24 until yesterday, it's definitely a new addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I've never noticed any blue aircraft on fr24 until yesterday, it's definitely a new addition.

Explained on the last page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Norwegian 737 LN-NIA on the way into Shannon now for storage.(currently near Belfast)

It is painted in Nordstar livery so perhaps not for storage:

https://flic.kr/p/2iEhjhY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I see EI778 has departed for Lanzarote just now, 1.12pm. Is it flying out empty to bring passengers home? I was under the impression travel to Spain/ Canaries was suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shamrocka330

Does anybody know why the Emirates flight which arrive from Dubai after 11am is holding at the end of runway 16? I saw it land and taxi to that position. It has been there for almost 3 hours now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Does anybody know why the Emirates flight which arrive from Dubai after 11am is holding at the end of runway 16? I saw it land and taxi to that position. It has been there for almost 3 hours now?

How many stands can accommodate the 77W at Dublin? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the delayed widebody departures to the States are currently occupying the few stands it can be accommodated on?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

The delayed DL45 is occupying their allocated stand (400C)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shamrocka330

How many stands can accommodate the 77W at Dublin? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the delayed widebody departures to the States are currently occupying the few stands it can be accommodated on?

That’s probably what it is alright. You would think though, coming up to 3 hours now, that alternatives such as a remote stand and a set of steps would be needed? The passengers must be getting increasingly frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Jesus, can they not even remote park it somewhere and use stairs/buses?

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Comhra wrote: »
    I see EI778 has departed for Lanzarote just now, 1.12pm. Is it flying out empty to bring passengers home? I was under the impression travel to Spain/ Canaries was suspended.

Travel itself isn't suspended. But all ppl returning have to self isolate.

I do of one individual who is unable to get to the airport as public transport is suspended. Too far to walk (2 hour car journey)
    She is now stuck in Spain in a hostel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Tenger wrote: »
    Travel itself isn't suspended. But all ppl returning have to self isolate.

I do of one individual who is unable to get to the airport as public transport is suspended. Too far to walk (2 hour car journey)
    She is now stuck in Spain in a hostel

Can the Irish Embassy assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Have a look at TN64... What a flight!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

keano25 wrote: »

The longest domestic flight in the world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wonder why they are going direct. Air France are going via LAX as usual on that flight, so there must be no restriction..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

dfx- wrote: »
    Wonder why they are going direct. Air France are going via LAX as usual on that flight, so there must be no restriction..

Perhaps the load factor is so low due to the current pandemic along with favourable winds allow the flight to go direct instead of having a fuel stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭john boye

The US restrictions was the reason given. This is a one-off non-stop flight, It'll be stopping in French Caribbean from later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

keano25 wrote: »

02:15 am, he just checked in with Shanwick on 2.872 at 30 West, only 3 hours to go out of 15 in total !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

That’s probably what it is alright. You would think though, coming up to 3 hours now, that alternatives such as a remote stand and a set of steps would be needed? The passengers must be getting increasingly frustrated.

Saw this on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dublinairport/status/1239204876019806208

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »

Wow that’s quite shocking. Emirates and it’s ground handling company would need to show a bit of cop on. What’s a disgraceful way to treat your customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

Just looked on flight radar and I can see lots of US carriers in transit from europe to the US. I can also still see the likes of KLM flying from AMS to MIA (for example). So, was wondering how trumps travel ban from europe to the US affects carriers flying transatlantic? Thanks!

Just looked on flight radar and I can see lots of US carriers in transit from europe to the US. I can also still see the likes of KLM flying from AMS to MIA (for example). So, was wondering how trumps travel ban from europe to the US affects carriers flying transatlantic? Thanks!

Well simply put only Americans and the crew will be allowed to enter the USA. The purpose of the flights for now is simply to get people home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The travel ban doesn't kick in until tomorrow. After that it will be reduced schedules to a limited number of airports.

Within a week or two I think we'll see 90%+ of transatlantic flights cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The travel ban doesn't kick in until tomorrow. After that it will be reduced schedules to a limited number of airports.

Within a week or two I think we'll see 90%+ of transatlantic flights cancelled.

The travel ban came in 2 days ago, it's just Ireland and the UK added to that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

So if the ban came in, those european-carrier flights heading across the atlantic are going out empty to the US to pick up people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

So if the ban came in, those european-carrier flights heading across the atlantic are going out empty to the US to pick up people?

No they'll stop altogether

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement