Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

So if the ban came in, those european-carrier flights heading across the atlantic are going out empty to the US to pick up people?

They could very well be full of US citizens, green card holders or exempt people.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,147 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

bilbot79 wrote: »
    No they'll stop altogether

They'll still deliver cargo though. All Air Liners are full of cargo when flying people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

LOT seem to have 2 Dreamliners flying WAW to Dublin at the moment - what’s this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    LOT seem to have 2 Dreamliners flying WAW to Dublin at the moment - what’s this about?

Ah c’mon, join up the dots :)
    Why are EI sending a 330 to the Canaries and various other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

I’ll give you one guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

EICVD wrote: »
    I’ll give you one guess

There's no pax onboard, so return to lessor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

There's no pax onboard, so return to lessor?

Next contestant to have a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Ah c’mon, join up the dots :)
    Why are EI sending a 330 to the Canaries and various other places?

EI fly to the canaries so would have pax there to bring home. LOT don’t fly to a Dublin so wouldn’t have huge loads of pax to return??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Carriers all over Europe are increasing capacity to allow repatriation of citizens before, Air travel stops.
    Turkish had 2 B777s out of Heathrow late last night.
    EI are sending A330s to Spain and Canaries.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

EI fly to the canaries so would have pax there to bring home. LOT don’t fly to a Dublin so wouldn’t have huge loads of pax to return??

Both are National repatriation flights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

You made a few typos in you post, it should read “so would have a significant number of Citizens, who wish to return.” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Don't you think it just might be possible that a lot of Polish people resident here may just want to go home?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

EI777 (A330) departure from Lanzarote now delayed further to 16.59.
    Source: Lanzarote webcam site

EDIT: Change of plan - now taxying 14.28

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

787-800 over northern Gemany on return flight from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Odd one, brother was on to3009 last night but was reported cancelled on flight radar 24, it clearly did fly as he was on it and reached Paris. How accurate is flight radar, is it common for flights to be missing or incorrect? Is this just due to the current situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

caff wrote: »
    Odd one, brother was on to3009 last night but was reported cancelled on flight radar 24, it clearly did fly as he was on it and reached Paris. How accurate is flight radar, is it common for flights to be missing or incorrect? Is this just due to the current situation?

It's common enough and nothing to do with the current situation. FR24's data can be missing or be strangely inaccurate sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

anyone seen any stats on number of aircraft in the sky compared to normal? Maybe a stupid question...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Pipistrel VIRUS aircraft drawing message over Moldova right now

https://t.co/PL6FcjbFZ8

Hope this works!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Pipistrel VIRUS aircraft drawing message over Moldova right now

https://t.co/PL6FcjbFZ8

Hope this works!

"Stai acasă - Stay home"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

anyone seen any stats on number of aircraft in the sky compared to normal? Maybe a stupid question...

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/1240624332512079873

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Interesting to see the increased number of small aircraft / helicopters showing up thanks to the recent ADS-B requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

I'm down near Malaga and noticed alot more small jets in the area on flight radar. Also normally see a good few flights each day thing to and from north Africa but these seemed to have been seriuosly reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone able to help me. A plane flew over athlone golf club on the shores of lough ree travelling from north east to south west in direction. The plane was flying below the level of the clouds. Looked like a small commercial airliner in size to my very untrained eye and she was going at a good pace.

Anyone able to tell me what it was. Just curious :)

It flew over ahead at 13:24.

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone able to help me. A plane flew over athlone golf club on the shores of lough ree travelling from north east to south west in direction. The plane was flying below the level of the clouds. Looked like a small commercial airliner in size to my very untrained eye and she was going at a good pace.

Anyone able to tell me what it was. Just curious :)

It flew over ahead at 13:24.

N498YY Cessna Citation

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

N498YY Cessna Citation

Thanks. Is there anywhere I can find out where it flew out of or to ? When I go into the plane details on flightradar it says no route details found, or something like that. Or is that data just not kept for small private type planes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Landed in Shannon this afternoon. Seems it came from Weston.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

AA 777-300ER en route from Dallas/Fort Worth to Frankfurt with cargo only, first cargo only flight since 1994

https://twitter.com/AmericanAir/status/1241131074501173248

Have EI begun cargo flights yet?

Weston has closed till the end of May. A few customers have taken their aircraft out of there so they can still use them. I’m gonna assume this is one of them.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    AA 777-300ER en route from Dallas/Fort Worth to Frankfurt with cargo only, first cargo only flight since 1994

https://twitter.com/AmericanAir/status/1241131074501173248

Have EI begun cargo flights yet?

I don’t think so.

Delta have a few A350 cargo flights scheduled for Dublin starting next Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement