Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anybody know what's Polish LOT LO8548 Dreamliner departing from Lima? Destination N/A

I'm presuming repatriation of Polish citizens but couldn't find anything online.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

crushproof wrote: »
    Anybody know what's Polish LOT LO8548 Dreamliner departing from Lima? Destination N/A

I'm presuming repatriation of Polish citizens but couldn't find anything online.
    Repatriation flight. BA had 2 772s (from Gatwick so high density configuration more than likely) today as well as well as a TAP A330.

LOT operated a E190 repatriation flight from Cork last week alongside 787s into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

Currently 2 a359 in air from madrid to Shanghai, both Iberia, both departed within last 45 mins. Similar effort for spanish health services as to aer lingus current runs to Beijing I assume. Anyone know for sure?

And another a359 currently over Moscow on Shanghai madrid route

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

ohlordy wrote: »
    Currently 2 a359 in air from madrid to Shanghai, both Iberia, both departed within last 45 mins. Similar effort for spanish health services as to aer lingus current runs to Beijing I assume. Anyone know for sure?

And another a359 currently over Moscow on Shanghai madrid route
    Medical supplies as you say

https://simpleflying.com/iberia-flights-shanghai-tokyo/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

V odd flight above Dublin right now.
    Ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

whiskeyman wrote: »
    V odd flight above Dublin right now.
    Ideas?

Read the thread?

ILS calibration flight, likely to be around for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Was just going to say the same, flew over my house a few times... https://i.imgur.com/8780QpA.jpg
    Can someone explain what a calibration flight is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Flew over mine a few times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

N207AX incoming SNN ex ACC (omni air)

Have the US got troops in Ghana?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Must be shift change day for the offshore oil rigs based on the helicopter activity off the coast of Scotland

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Must be shift change day for the offshore oil rigs based on the helicopter activity off the coast of Scotland

I could be wrong but think they've added additional tracking for helicopters lately, hence why there appears to be much more activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Was just going to say the same, flew over my house a few times... https://i.imgur.com/8780QpA.jpg
    Can someone explain what a calibration flight is for?

There are various radio navigation aids on the ground used by aircraft.

Basically, calibrator aircraft verify the information sent out by these navaids to ensure it’s correct, and any interference etc is within limits.

This can involve very specific manoeuvres that have to be flown precisely and without interruption to be considered reliable. Unfortunately for you, the middle of the night is the best time that they can do this at a busy airport without getting in the way of other aircraft/having everyone else get in their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Slovak government has sent a A319 to Dublin, parked on the 300's in Dublin. Assume its a repatriation flight

Not showing on Flightradar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI-DUZ/EIN9018 had a bird strike on departure and declared PAN PAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Slovak government has sent a A319 to Dublin, parked on the 300's in Dublin. Assume its a repatriation flight

Not showing on Flightradar

OMBYK operating flight SSG006 scheduled to depart in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

EI-DUZ/EIN9018 had a bird strike on departure and declared PAN PAN

Pretty sure they said they might be landing with one engine. Are doing a fuel dump and due to land in 15mins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

brettmirl wrote: »
    Pretty sure they said they might be landing with one engine. Are doing a fuel dump and due to land in 15mins

Which stream would you need to listen to on liveatc.net to listen in? Does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hogzy wrote: »
    Which stream would you need to listen to on liveatc.net to listen in? Does anyone know?

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Presume its Approach feed that you'd need to listen in on?

EDIT: NVM, the approach frequency is the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If they are doing a fuel dump on a 330 they have bigger problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Well she's down safe now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Do they have another A330 lying around which can slot in for the damaged one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Currently Enroute:

Inbound to DUB - EIN9019, EIN9021
    Outbound to PEK - EIN9016, EIN9018*

*Birdstrike on takeoff, forced to return to Dublin.

Fleet of Easyjet just left Porto, looks like they're on their way to be parked up in Berlin SXF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

kona wrote: »
    If they are doing a fuel dump on a 330 they have bigger problems.

Shamrock 330’s don’t have fuel dumping capabilities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

billie1b wrote: »
    Shamrock 330’s don’t have fuel dumping capabilities

That's what he's alluding too...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

EI-GAJ now starting to move, replacement for EIN9018, which will make 3 aircraft in the air on the way to Bejing, and EIN9021 due to land at Dublin shortly

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

A rare sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What's the story with GLF4? Always see it over Ireland between States and UK

• Advertisement

keano25 wrote: »
    What's the story with GLF4? Always see it over Ireland between States and UK
    Private/corporate/business jets have their identity blocked on FlightRadar so the plane type just shows. GLF4 = Gulfstream IV/Gulfstream G450. Lot of Gulfstream IVs in from the US on a regular basis, they have an ideal range for East Coast US -> NW Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement