Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

EIN9017 took off from Beijing at approx 00.10 Irish time, with yet another load of desperately needed PPE/medical supplies. Some of this stock that we are flying in is earmarked for our brothers and sisters in the North, but I have only seen one mention of this (on northern media) a few days ago.
    Maybe they are planning on sending one of the shamrocks straight into Aldergrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Just deleted the older paid version I had and downloaded the new one, What's with the pop up.adds its annoying as f*I.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭roadmaster

A PC9 on approach to dublin airport , are they just taking adavantage on quite times to do practice landings?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just deleted the older paid version I had and downloaded the new one, What's with the pop up.adds its annoying as f*I.

Have you logged in to the new version? It doesn't remember the account settings from the previous version, so it's probably running as the freeware version, which is limited and has adverts as well.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Have you logged in to the new version? It doesn't remember the account settings from the previous version, so it's probably running as the freeware version, which is limited and has adverts as well.

Will have a look later when I get home tonight from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

https://www.flightradar24.com/VOR09/244ccb59

This lads having some crack. Private ownership ? or a survey or what?

Actually, is that essential currently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

dashoonage wrote: »
    https://www.flightradar24.com/VOR09/244ccb59

This lads having some crack. Private ownership ? or a survey or what?

Actually, is that essential currently ?

As already posted in this thread with regards to Dublin, and also from the name of the operator on the linked page itself, it's doing calibration testing on the navigation aids at the airport - it's essential work.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Checking calibration of navigation aids and ILS systems. Has to be done on a regular basis.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

LXFlyer wrote: »
    As already posted in this thread with regards to Dublin, and also from the name of the operator on the linked page itself, it's doing calibration testing on the navigation aids at the airport - it's essential work.

ha! sorry , completely missed the name of the operator. I do try my best to keep up with the thread.

EIN9020 has just taken off from Dublin, bound for Beijing on another PPE run.

• Advertisement

EIN9022 departed Dublin approx 30mins ago en route to Beijing on a PPE run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Guards checking the rough areas for gangs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Currently 9 aircraft in the sky that have left or heading to Dublin. 2 of them are EI 330s and two are Ethiopian.

Edit: 8 now, one of the 330s just landed in Beijing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Just about everything in Irish and British airspace is a freighter. Unreal

EIN9020 14mins out from PEK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

2 Shamrocks over each other over the capital of Mongolia!!

49722723502_89d25a6109_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Russian Air Force An124 on the way into Shannon
    https://fr24.com/RFF8460/244d9faa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Kalyke

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Any idea has it left already?

faoiarvok wrote: »

At least the russians rang ahead this time

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

roadmaster wrote: »
    At least the russians rang ahead this time

You do know that those Tu-95s never actually breach our airspace?
    They just loiter outside like angsty teens around a shopping centre waiting for security (the RAF) to shoo them away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tenger wrote: »
    They just loiter outside like angsty teens around a shopping centre waiting for security (the RAF) to shoo them away.

And to extend the analogy, hang around the doorway and hassle the customers who are trying to legitimately get in and out...

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I often wonder what’s the point of intercepting these Russian aircraft assuming they stay outside our sovereign airspace. It’s hardly like they’re going to bomb us. Surely no response would piss the Russians off more? If they actually entered our sovereign airspace then sure we need to intercept them and raise a diplomatic incident.

Edit: Would the safety of transatlantic flights be jeopardised? Does it force transatlantic flights to alter course etc?

Yes I do they just enter Irish controlled airspace and have every right to be there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

These military operations conducted by the Russian's are of a very serious nature and have a direct impact on the safety of aviation. Their routing cut straight across the routes taken by aircraft crossing the North Atlantic (and the TU-142MR trails an antenna several kms long

The Tu-142MRM, the latest version of the “Bear-J” submarine communications aircraft has a direct impact on Irish security as recent discussions have taken place over the safety and security of our subsea cable network and what the Russian's are, potentially, doing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The Tu-142MRM, the latest version of the “Bear-J” submarine communications aircraft has a direct impact on Irish security as recent discussions have taken place over the safety and security of our subsea cable network and what the Russian's are, potentially, doing to it.

I'm curious! How would these be a threat to our security and under sea cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Anyone notice that there seems to be about 17 helicopters around by the North Sea just to the East of Aberdeen?

I'm curious! How would these be a threat to our security and under sea cables?

The (reasonable but unproven) speculation is that they could be there communicating with submarines in the area of subsea fibre cables. Militaries and intelligence agencies (including UK and US) have been known to tap or sabotage these cables. [Edit: I mean this type of cable generally, not necessarily the ones terminating in Ireland]
    IngazZagni wrote: »
    I often wonder what’s the point of intercepting these Russian aircraft assuming they stay outside our sovereign airspace. It’s hardly like they’re going to bomb us.

Fair question, I think the answer the UK would give is that many of these patrols are basically carried out with the aim of probing air defence, and they need to keep up appearances and demonstrate that there is no weak spot where they will go unnoticed. Anyway, it's not us intercepting them, it's the UK and other NATO allies doing it for their own purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Anyone notice that there seems to be about 17 helicopters around by the North Sea just to the East of Aberdeen?

North Sea oil rig staff transfers presumably.

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    North Sea oil rig staff transfers presumably.

Yes, normal to have a lot of helicopter traffic out there. Not sure if it was further up this thread or elsewhere, but I saw someone saying recently that FR24 coverage in that area had been improved, which might explain if you're not used to seeing them there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement