Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

Four EI flights currently, 2 going, 2 coming from Beijing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭john boye

N64 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the UTair 767 is doing in from Moscow?
    https://imgur.com/a/OymSElk

Can't be many pax config B762s left in commercial service, certainly in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Tenger wrote: »
    The cargo operators will be staffed for their needs, why hire more staff if you don’t have the aircraft to use them?

In the case of operators who are now running day and night when they used to be just at night, they’re using up max crew hours quicker no? And presumably bringing in crews who would otherwise be on rest days?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Not necessarily, cargo previously flew at night to void the busier daytime ATC/slot restrictions.
    Some cargo operators may be operating longer hours but I doubt it’s a round the clock operation. (As in doubling the flying hours)
    Turnarounds to unload/load still ‘waste’ a chunk of the 24 hours in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

john boye wrote: »
    Can't be many pax config B762s left in commercial service, certainly in Europe.

I wonder do Omni still have a few? Aer Lingus leased one and based it in Shannon for summer 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Another 762 from BOS inbound.

Cargojet

Another 762 from BOS inbound.

Cargojet

Shannon is closing at night soon if not already so Dublin may be getting some odd stopover traffic for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Anyone know where this plane is going.........very noisy when taking off at 9.23pm

https://www.flightradar24.com/UTA9038/2451f4c3

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Website says Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Anyone know where this plane is going.........very noisy when taking off at 9.23pm

https://www.flightradar24.com/UTA9038/2451f4c3

See post #9243 above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Steven Harrington

Hi guys I'm new to this page. I noticed runway 34 was in use for much of last Sunday. Anybody know why? Was it wind direction or some other reason? Just highly unusual to see arrivals heading in on 34. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hi guys I'm new to this page. I noticed runway 34 was in use for much of last Sunday. Anybody know why? Was it wind direction or some other reason? Just highly unusual to see arrivals heading in on 34. Thanks

A bit late, however the main runway, RWY28/10 was likely closed for maintenance/otherwise meaning the other runway RWY16/34 was in use. It's likely the wind was in that case unsuitable for the use of RWY16 hence 34 was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

United reductions from New York area to come in to effect immediately for minimum of 3 weeks

Screen-Shot-2020-04-04-at-8.11.45-PM.png?fit=1024%2C1024px&quality=1#038;ssl=1

The 3 long haul routes will continue for now from Newark (Heathrow, Frankfurt and Tel Aviv)

It's still surreal seeing the number of domestic flights operating in the states.

Surely this has to be reduced drastically over the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Steven Harrington

I was just wondering because it was a long time since I saw 34 active during daylight hours, seemed a bit unusual. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Irish coastguard helicopter doing lowish passbys at number 10 in Dublin airport...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Seriously impressive work by the relevant people, 6 x 330's all in the air on the China lift at the moment.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Anybody having trouble logging in to FR24 lately.

Seems OK on IPAD but unable on laptop.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble logging in to FR24 lately.

Seems OK on IPAD but unable on laptop.

Have you updated the software on the laptop, there's been some changes to it, and the old version was being retired. Things like the phones probably auto updated without being noticed.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Have you updated the software on the laptop, there's been some changes to it, and the old version was being retired. Things like the phones probably auto updated without being noticed.

Thanks for info software had been updated, but, problem has resolved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone know what is happening to passengers who arrive on commercial passenger flights? Do they stay within a 2km radar of the airport?
    I had assumed there were none coming in but flight radar seems to show otherwise?

• Advertisement

Anyone know what is happening to passengers who arrive on commercial passenger flights? Do they stay within a 2km radar of the airport?
    I had assumed there were none coming in but flight radar seems to show otherwise?

Sorry, I don’t understand your question. What’s a 2km radar ? Do you mean, do they have to stay within 2km of the airport ? If so, no they don’t. They can go home but will have to self isolate for 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Silver Breeze

Everything you want to know is prominently posted on the Dublin Airport website:
    https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/2020/02/27/covid-19-update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Hong Kong airlines A330 inbound to DUB from well... Hong Kong! Presumably a cargo charter flight.

https://www.flightradar24.com/CRK8002/2454245c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

N64 wrote: »
    Hong Kong airlines A330 inbound to DUB from well... Hong Kong! Presumably a cargo charter flight.

https://www.flightradar24.com/CRK8002/2454245c

Lease return.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Lease return.

Performing an aid Flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caoimhin321

BZ wrote: »
    Performing an aid Flight.

Any departure time for tomorrow yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Any departure time for tomorrow yet?

Haven't heard yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

BZ wrote: »
    Haven't heard yet.

Bcos theres nothing to hear! :rolleyes:
    Echo India is spot on

Airbus A330 -243 396 B-LHA Hong Kong Airlines ferried 07apr20 HKG-DUB on return to lessor ex OE-IFL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭cml387

There's a Swiss Piper on a long flight from Annecy just off the east coast just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

cml387 wrote: »
    There's a Swiss Piper on a long flight from Annecy just off the east coast just now.

Just passed over my place on finals into Casement....Low wing t-tail twin engine ?

EDIT: It may have been a Flight Calibration Services DA62

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement