Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

I've seen more 747's and MD11's on FR in Irish airspace than I have anything from Ryanair. Nuts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

My heart goes out the the passengers and crew aboard the Dash 8-200 that's doing the three hour flight between CPH and KEF (and back) daily. Three hours in a Dash 8! :eek:

https://www.flightradar24.com/GRL6779/2457ba7e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Why is there a Ryanair (RYR21) flying to Malaga at the moment.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Tabnabs wrote: »
    My heart goes out the the passengers and crew aboard the Dash 8-200 that's doing the three hour flight between CPH and KEF (and back) daily. Three hours in a Dash 8! :eek:

You forgot the time zone difference between Denmark and Iceland; it's actually not far short of five hours!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    You forgot the time zone difference between Denmark and Iceland; it's actually not far short of five hours!

Average flight time has been 4 hrs and 59 mins :rolleyes:. Christ whatever happened to accuracy on Boards ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

washman3 wrote: »
    Why is there a Ryanair (RYR21) flying to Malaga at the moment.?
    RYR19 to Barcelona just flew over my house.

Wondered the same -there can't be many stranded tourists left, surely?

Cargo, maybe? Or are they just flying empty planes around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone know what is hovering around Portlaoise at the moment? X280

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone know what is hovering around Portlaoise at the moment? X280

Air Corps new PC12. I believe it is on a short lease. Will be used to move troops, medics, medical gear and patients around the country if needed over the next while. Also in to give new pilots hands on experience with their new type rating.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Newly delivered Pilatus PC12 to Irish Air Corps. Registration 280

https://flyinginireland.com/2020/04/air-corps-to-take-delivery-of-pilatus-pc-12-today%EF%BB%BF/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Seems to be down now, came in very low overhead here an approach to Casement, much lower than the usual, touch and go and then landed.

Edit: Still going around actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Repatriation flight for Spanish Nationals and Residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Cargo and med supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Air Corps new PC12. I believe it is on a short lease. Will be used to move troops, medics, medical gear and patients around the country if needed over the next while. Also in to give new pilots hands on experience with their new type rating.

Incorrect. It is not on lease. Don't let the civil paint scheme confuse you.

Purchased outright and on the military register. It's in addition to the three already purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Tabnabs wrote: »

I read elsewhere that it's carrying only essential goods and medical personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,753 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It's also flying on from Keflavik to Nuuk in Greenland where necessary (It's an Air Greenland aircraft).

Quite the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Looks like it's AN225 back in operation. It is supposed to be getting medical supplioes for Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Piper PA-31T Cheyenne II PH-SVY and Cessna 550 Citation II PH-SVZ arrived in Shannon today and will be taking advantage of some clear skies over the next week to conduct some survey work.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Piper PA-31T Cheyenne II PH-SVY and Cessna 550 Citation II PH-SVZ arrived in Shannon today and will be taking advantage of some clear skies over the next week to conduct some survey work.

Airborne on first flight in the last few minutes mapping the northwest by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

There's a Magma Aviation 747 just after taking off from LCK (Columbus), due to land in DUB at 16.47.

Flight number CC369

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Just spotted that the AN225 is on its way back from Tianjin, China with a stop in Almaty.
    I'm just trying to master the art of Screenshot :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya just seen them working in mayo/sligo/donegal area and came here to find out more.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

ozzy jr wrote: »
    There's a Magma Aviation 747 just after taking off from LCK (Columbus), due to land in DUB at 16.47.

Flight number CC369
    Just spotted it over Maynooth and came here to see what it was! Freight pickup I assume rather than inbound?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

ozzy jr wrote: »

Flight number CC369

JDLEHc6l.jpg

Not too noisy as it floated in glistening in the sun.

Distance away in straight line is 3.1km

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

https://www.flightradar24.com/BLOCKED/245a939a

Tepper Aviation C-130 Hercules. Looks like it's heading in to Shannon.

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/N2679C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

https://www.flightradar24.com/BLOCKED/245a939a

Tepper Aviation C-130 Hercules. Looks like it's heading in to Shannon. ]

Nice /s.
    A CIA-linked plane with possibilities for being involved in rendition flights, as well as fun CIA activities around the globe.

My ADSB listener station was able to track it to the end of the runway, and amusingly it's reporting altitude was well underwater..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

rameire wrote: »
    JDLEHc6l.jpg

Not too noisy as it floated in glistening in the sun.

Distance away in straight line is 3.1km

You don't happen to know if it's parked on the apron or has it left already? Might spin by with the young lad if it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Just one plane up, a domestic flight

FzsaIQV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Popoutman wrote: »
    My ADSB listener station was able to track it to the end of the runway, and amusingly it's reporting altitude was well underwater..

Aircraft transponders report altitude referenced to a standard atmospheric pressure of 1013hPa, it’s 1028hPa at Shannon, so sea level is roughly 450ft below zero on that standard pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

American B77W (N727AN) due in tomorrow from DFW according to FR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Sisco14

Ryanair ryr851 just did a go around at dub, clear skies, very little traffic, what’s that all about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement