Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

EchoIndia wrote: »
    Kuwait is now en route, flight number KAC1315.

Looks to be departing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why was it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

SVA9625 is heading your way, HZ-AK24, first Saudia flight that i can remember in Dublin since their MD90 HZ-APF was there on a VIP flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

smurfjed wrote: »
    SVA9625 is heading your way, HZ-AK24, first Saudia flight that i can remember in Dublin since their MD90 HZ-APF was there on a VIP flight.

The lads on the Dublin spotters page will have pulled themselves asunder!!! ;):rolleyes::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

A Kuwait Airways Boeing 777 just flew over my house on the way into Glasgow Airport (about 5k ft), was not expecting that and did not have my camera ready!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

I thought Ukraine Air Alliance were gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I thought Ukraine Air Alliance were gone?

They're back at least a couple of months, but only seem to be doing shorter runs.

Cavok Air have been very quiet of late, which makes me wonder if their fleet is grounded for the foreseeable. Though, I haven't read anything to suggest that.

Thanks, I had previously seen a UAA An-12 over the mid-east a while back.

The only Cavok An-12s I have seen this year have been over West and NW Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I see a Saudia 773 (SV96225) descending over the Irish sea (possibly comming into DUB)
    Why would that be?
    Maintenance or otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I see a Saudia 773 (SV96225) descending over the Irish sea (possibly comming into DUB)
    Why would that be?
    Maintenance or otherwise?

Repatriation

• Advertisement

I hope they park the Saudi next to the Qatar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I see a Saudia 773 (SV96225) descending over the Irish sea (possibly comming into DUB) Why would that be? Maintenance or otherwise?

Repatriation flight according to post 9480.

Cavok Air have been very quiet of late, which makes me wonder if their fleet is grounded for the foreseeable. Though, I haven't read anything to suggest that.[/quote]

Cavok UR-CKL An12 currently over the Ivory Coast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

First time posting here so I hope I've picked the correct thread.

A loud plane passed overhead earlier. Because it was loud enough to cause me to go outside and take a look, I checked for it on Flightradar and it was AW277. However, 20 minutes ago or so I heard a similar loud plane and went out to see one heading in the same direction on what looked like pretty much the same flight path. However, there was no sign of it at all on Flightradar. Is that unusual or are there flights that don't show up on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Ryanair on the way to Liberia from Dublin at the moment. Repatriation I take it. Flightradar24 lists flight time as 6.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

First time posting here so I hope I've picked the correct thread.

A loud plane passed overhead earlier. Because it was loud enough to cause me to go outside and take a look, I checked for it on Flightradar and it was AW277. However, 20 minutes ago or so I heard a similar loud plane and went out to see one heading in the same direction on what looked like pretty much the same flight path. However, there was no sign of it at all on Flightradar. Is that unusual or are there flights that don't show up on it?

Not unusal, could have been military

Try this website where it happens, it will probably be on it
    https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Not unusal, could have been military

Try this website where it happens, it will probably be on it
    https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

Thank you. Do we have that many military planes here in Ireland?

Could you explain why when you click on a plane twice I think it brings up the plane's flight path and some of them are just going in circles or random squiggles?

Also is there a key/legend somewhere on the site that explains what the different plane symbols mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Anyone know why Ryanair is operating a DUB-ROB flight at the moment? That's a heck of a journey in a 738...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There's a lot of smaller aircraft showing up on FR24 at the moment that are doing survey or photography work, taking advantage of fewer commercial flights in controlled airspace, and the better weather that's been meaning higher or no cloud cover, and there are also more light aircraft that are used for training showing up.

The almost total shut down of passenger traffic has meant that these sorts of flights are more conspicuous than might otherwise be the case,

The symbols vary depending on which package option you take, and in theory, there are different symbols for helicopters, small single and multi engine, turboprop and varying jet commercial aircraft, though they are not specific to type of aircraft, more size related.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Noxegon wrote: »
    Anyone know why Ryanair is operating a DUB-ROB flight at the moment? That's a heck of a journey in a 738...

That's a really strange one, aid run of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Noxegon wrote: »

Collection of ESBI staff

25 min turnaround?

Or did 2nd crew go down?

25 min turnaround?

Or did 2nd crew go down?

Doubt they will fill the tanks in 25 minutes, that's almost max range for an 800, so will be close to fumes by the time it lands, the FR trace is showing 5300 Km trip distance, and google says 5700Km Max range.

Given the flight length, I would think either a stop over or a second crew on board for the return, with pre flight preparation and the turn round, it's going to be close on 18 hours round trip time, and as far as I know that's outside any discretion limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Doubt they will fill the tanks in 25 minutes, that's almost max range for an 800, so will be close to fumes by the time it lands, the FR trace is showing 5300 Km trip distance, and google says 5700Km Max range.

Given the flight length, I would think either a stop over or a second crew on board for the return, with pre flight preparation and the turn round, it's going to be close on 18 hours round trip time, and as far as I know that's outside any discretion limits.

I asked the same question and was told that private hire have different hours regarding crew duty hours, Compared to normal commercial ops.

The Ryanair is on the way home, airborne 20 minutes, so they didn't do a bad job of getting it turned round to come home.

The Ryanair is on the way home, airborne 20 minutes, so they didn't do a bad job of getting it turned round to come home.

That’s really tough. Whatever about EI turning crews turn around, at least they have lie flat business class seats.

7 hours plus on one of those aircraft????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

That’s really tough. Whatever about EI turning crews turn around, at least they have lie flat business class seats.

Do the arm rests go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I did 5-and-a-bit to Paphos and my backside was numb! I can't imagine sitting in those seats and then having to operate back...

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Via Seville I think for a fuel stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement