Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Couple of go-arounds now. BA Cityflyer & EI203 from MAN. Not sure if weather or other issues.

Edit: BA had flap problem apparently
    A Regional DUB-ABZ has returned back to DUB about 14 mins after take off ... Anyone have any information ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

https://www.flightradar24.com/HBFWA/987f81b

Pilatus pc-12 flying out of Casement. I wonder is this a test run for the air corps? Could they be potentially checking it out as a replacement for the Cessna 172s, or is it too big and too expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lots of Holding, diverting and a few go-arounds at MAN.

16:20Z Metar gives 36020KT 5000TSRAGS (360 degrees 20knots, vis 5000m in Thunderstorm Rain and Hail)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

https://www.flightradar24.com/HBFWA/987f81b

Pilatus pc-12 flying out of Casement.

I wonder is this a test run for the air corps?

Could they be potentially checking it out as a replacement for the Cessna 172s, or is it too big and too expensive?

Yes.
    Yes.

Potential order for 3 multi role aircraft. Pc12/TBM900/Cessna 208 being evaluated.

TBM900 is also in Dublin currently.

Plus Casa 295 demonstrator in recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

10:55 Westbound over Shannon at FL430, unidentified aircraft with callsign / test-reg F-WWUP out of Bordeaux. Probably a Falcon 7X or 8X.

https://fr24.com/2016-04-27/09:45/12x/FWWUP/989b084

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

D-AVVB A320neo belonging to Airbus currently off the south coast heading for SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

BZ wrote: »
    D-AVVB A320neo belonging to Airbus currently off the south coast heading for SNN.

Off again 18 mins ago from SNN! That wasn't a long stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Off again 18 mins ago from SNN! That wasn't a long stop!

Touch and go. Wasn't planning to stay long.

Scheduled arrival was 1254z, was planned out for 1255z.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

b757 wrote: »
    Touch and go. Wasn't planning to stay long.

Scheduled arrival was 1254z, was planned out for 1255z.

Didn't even touch down missed approach and gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

I see air France have finally moved on from Santry. Alas, it's to DCU. :rolleyes: :p

Screenshot%202016-04-27%2017.34.23_zps8bgppucf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

bronn wrote: »
    I see air France have finally moved on from Santry. Alas, it's to DCU. :rolleyes: :p]

I know there's always errors with these but it seems that the Cityjet Avro's very often are way off the mark, like a few times a day. Is this due to their age or is it FR24's problem or why would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

b757 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Yes.

Potential order for 3 multi role aircraft. Pc12/TBM900/Cessna 208 being evaluated.

TBM900 is also in Dublin currently.

Plus Casa 295 demonstrator in recently too.

208's would be a nice replacement for the 172's, surely the most suitable also with regard to useability, ie high wing for observation/surveillance, and ability for extra load lifting if fitted with the under-belly storage. Great all rounder that can make it out of short strips too. I don't know anything about the Pilatus or TBM so maybe they have their pros too.

I know there's always errors with these but it seems that the Cityjet Avro's very often are way off the mark, like a few times a day. Is this due to their age or is it FR24's problem or why would it be?

Old model transponders that are fitted to the aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I think it's on the Avros but it should be sorted when they get the Superjets.
    14612576587oXph4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I think it's on the Avros but it should be sorted when they get the Superjets.

Superjets can't come quick enough, the current fleet is really letting them down especially now that there's a reasonable alternative in BA to LCY

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Superjets can't come quick enough, the current fleet is really letting them down especially now that there's a reasonable alternative in BA to LCY

Superjet isn't certified for LCY though, and story goes that it won't ever be without huge modifications to both the structure and the avionics, so expect to see the RJs trundling away on that route for the forseeable future

Lustrum wrote: »
    Superjet isn't certified for LCY though, and story goes that it won't ever be without huge modifications to both the structure and the avionics, so expect to see the RJs trundling away on that route for the forseeable future

Similar to the A318 mods or more significant

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

34 Active at DUB at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Virgin VS651 from LHR-LOS currently turning back over Le Mans on a 7700 squawk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

VIR651Y Just turned back over France and went back to London.

Hope all is OK!

• Advertisement

Another Ryanair delivery
    https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR800K/98bfced
    EI-EFK

VIR651Y Just turned back over France and went back to London.

Hope all is OK!

I heard it was a disruptive passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Another Ryanair delivery
    https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR800K/98bfced
    EI-EFK

EFK was delivered 6 years ago...:p

I was wondering why they went back to London!

Presumed if it was a serious emergency they would divert to their alternate

I was wondering why they went back to London!

Presumed if it was a serious emergency they would divert to their alternate

Their planned alternate would have been a few thousand miles away!

Their planned alternate would have been a few thousand miles away!

Would they not have alternates along the route in case they need to get down quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

An-26 over Wales, inbound to Dublin perhaps?

https://fr24.com/REM544/98c525f

Nope has just turned to the north, looks like Manchester.

Nope, turned again! Belfast

Would they not have alternates along the route in case they need to get down quick

True they would have en route ones. Although, returning to LON over France is probably a good call by the crew. Depending on how deep into French airspace there were, they'd still need a good hundred odd miles to descend into their chosen field, while it may make just as good commercial sense to return to point of departure.
    Logistically it would be easier to get a new crew for the onward journey if hours limitations are a factor, customs reasons, refuelling are all relevant factors considering when diverting due to a disruptive passenger.

EFK was delivered 6 years ago...:p

True. I meant EI-FRK :o

• Advertisement

Others say medical emergency.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement