Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

RWY34 in operation at EIDW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Same as last night. We locals can live with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Notams are giving 28 closed every night Mon to Fri this week, and every week night up to May 28th, so one of 16/34 will be in use every weekday night until the 28th.

Significant maintenance work is being performed to keep the runway in service.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Notams are giving 28 closed every night Mon to Fri this week, and every week night up to May 28th, so one of 16/34 will be in use every weekday night until the 28th.

Significant maintenance work is being performed to keep the runway in service.

Potholes again..? :)

Potholes again..? :)

Rubber burning if its only for the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Air Berlin a330 dusseldorf - new York making a u turn over Castlebar now. Saw it with my own eyes before contacting flight radar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Air Berlin a330 dusseldorf - new York making a u turn over Castlebar now. Saw it with my own eyes before contacting flight radar

Starting a slow descent too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Must be going back to Germany. Too high for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rattle

What is AA2319 from Atlanta to Chicago doing just south of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Rattle wrote: »
    What is AA2319 from Atlanta to Chicago doing just south of Ireland?

Diverted to Heathrow, apparently. It has to be a glitch of some sort.

And one of the RAF's Airbuses just off the southwest coast of the UK

https://www.flightradar24.com/TARTN52/9b3d67a

EDIT: I've just spotted this flying near Tipperary https://www.flightradar24.com/EICPP/9b48631

Results are showing this old timer https://www.google.ie/search?q=aircraft+EI-CPP&biw=1477&bih=716&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi5qJH5-dfMAhXCJh4KHTsCA38Q_AUIBygC&dpr=1.3#imgrc=8FejeiOQA6RyGM%3A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

????????

I think he means that he went to look up Flightradar24 to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

that AA2139 should read AA90.... as posted above flight radar glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Rescue 116 S92 showing on fr24 north of Dublin. I wish they had their transponder on all the time as it's interesting to follow, marine traffic isn't as good for tracking.

jimbis wrote: »
    Rescue 116 S92 showing on fr24 north of Dublin. I wish they had their transponder on all the time as it's interesting to follow, marine traffic isn't as good for tracking.

Their transponder IS on all the time, there just isn't enough FR24 receivers close enough around Dublin to provide low level MLAT coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Their transponder IS on all the time, there just isn't enough FR24 receivers close enough around Dublin to provide low level MLAT coverage.

Never thought of that actually, they do keep a low altitude most of the time.
    I'll have to keep pressuring fr24 to send me a reciever as I'm in a good spot, south dub but elevated. No use for coverage of the mountains behind me though :D

jimbis wrote: »
    Never thought of that actually, they do keep a low altitude most of the time.
    I'll have to keep pressuring fr24 to send me a reciever as I'm in a good spot, south dub but elevated. No use for coverage of the mountains behind me though :D

When off shore 300ft and below when overland minimum is 1000ft unless they are operational. Sometimes as in this case they will be doing practice ILS/VOR approaches to 16 and they'll be up at 3000ft. If they are IFR transiting from Sligo or Waterford they'll go up to 4000 or 5000ft.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

From AH

Incident: Berlin A332 near Shannon on May 13th 2016, hydraulic failure
    By Simon Hradecky, created Saturday, May 14th 2016 21:16Z, last updated Saturday, May 14th 2016 21:18Z
    An Air Berlin Airbus A330-200, registration D-ABXA performing flight AB-7480 from Dusseldorf (Germany) to New York JFK,NY (USA), was enroute at FL380 about 90nm north of Shannon (Ireland), when the crew decided to return to Germany due to a hydraulic failure. The aircraft descended to FL290 for the return and diverted to Cologne (Germany) for a safe landing on runway 32R about 3 hours after departure from Dusseldorf.

A passenger tweeted the following day: " I lost my trip to NYC with you, and I don't blame you. But now customer service broke my heart.", several others tweeting along the same lines. Other passengers reported they were rebooked via Copenhagen (Denmark) and Newark,NJ (USA).

The occurrence aircraft remained on the ground for about 19 hours, then positioned to Dusseldorf and resumed service with a rotation to Palma Mallorca,SP (Spain).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Was on FR119 last night. Two idiots with lasers in Bluebell/Crumlin lasering the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Delta 767 Frankfurt to Detroit diverted to Dublin. Just left Dublin. Assuming a medical diversion as it was on the ground for less than two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Donegal to Glasgow supposedly diverted south of Malin Head today to avoid Star Wars filming.

unnamed-10-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Dublin just had an ancient USAF C-130H ( 74-1687 ) overhead heading NE at FL250. Callsign YANKEE 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

arubex wrote: »
    Dublin just had an ancient USAF C-130H ( 74-1687 ) overhead heading NE at FL250. Callsign YANKEE 44.

26427943264_8ede959615_c.jpg74-1687 C-130H by Irish251, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Anyone know the reason for the colour change?

Business jet?

G-EUPH

Nothing specific on Flight Radar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Anyone know the reason for the colour change?

Business jet?

G-EUPH

Nothing specific on Flight Radar

British Airways dove livery for the 2012 Olympics if my mind serves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

man98 wrote: »
    British Airways dove livery for the 2012 Olympics if my mind serves me.

Makes sense....thank you!

**777 Emirates inbound, Dublin 30 minutes**

Can't post screen shot says file to big but can post pics??

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

maximum12 wrote:
    Delta 767 Frankfurt to Detroit diverted to Dublin. Just left Dublin. Assuming a medical diversion as it was on the ground for less than two hours.

Was diverted with a suspected stroke victim on board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

EchoIndia wrote: »
    74-1687 C-130H by Irish251, on Flickr

Good catch! 40 years of service next month: delivered in June 1976 to the 463rd Tactical Airlift Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Unusual visitor into ORK in the last few minutes G-NOAH A319 115(CJ), originating from BGI.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-noah

Quite a plush interior catering for the VVIP market http://www.acropolis-aviation.com/#aircraft

G-NOAH has a fondness of Cork! Anyone know who could be flying ORK-BGI all the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Interesting visitor on return leg into ORK from BGI, in the last few minutes, G-NOAH A319 115(CJ).
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-noah

Quite a nice plush interior catering for the VVIP market http://www.acropolis-aviation.com/#aircraft

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement