Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I know of crews who were violated by European safety inspectors for having TOO MUCH taxi fuel, their logic was that the crew couldn't prove that they would burn that much fuel prior to takeoff and therefore were going to exceed their planned takeoff weight!

Somedays you just can't win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR2849 gone around in RWY06 at SNN. Vecoting for RWY24 now.

Seems like an early go around so pax may not have noticed. I have close family on that flight so I'll be sure to ask them tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    FR2849 gone around in RWY06 at SNN. Vecoting for RWY24 now.

Seems like an early go around so pax may not have noticed. I have close family on that flight so I'll be sure to ask them tomorrow

What's the weather like out there?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    What's the weather like out there?

METAR looks okay, id imagine it was a sudden shift to a tailwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

OY-RUE MD83 operating Dublin -kerry as STK4

Just seen that.....was wondering why a Danish plane was marked STK

• Advertisement

28 & 34 in use this morning!

Busy today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

I see there is a Turkish A330F heading for Shannon at the moment.Is this a regular visitor and what cargo could it be transporting?

Oops! wrote: »
    I see there is a Turkish A330F heading for Shannon at the moment.Is this a regular visitor and what cargo could it be transporting?

Its a regular visitor, up to 3 times a week from Istanbul to Chicago, Atlanta and New York via Shannon.

No idea what could be on it though!

Its a regular visitor, up to 3 times a week from Istanbul to Chicago, Atlanta and New York via Shannon.

No idea what could be on it though!

Turkish Delights?

Oops! wrote: »

Always nice to see.
    26038077803_5205323627_c.jpgTurkish Cargo at Shannon by Irish Damien, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

What is the lufthansa aircraft doing at SNN?

Nemanrio wrote: »
    What is the lufthansa aircraft doing at SNN?

Post maintenance test flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Flight VS24 from Los Angeles to London
    http://fr24.com/VIR24M/9cbed59

Squaking 7700, I wonder why it didn't divert to Belfast ? seems on its way to LHR ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sick passenger according to twitter.

Actually, how do you get follow ups on these 7700s ?

I always get alerts on FR24 app, but of course you hear nothing on the regular media as its usually some sort of "minor" thing in the grander scheme of things ..but sometimes I'm interested - especially if it's related with the aircraft itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

I always get alerts on FR24 app, but of course you hear nothing on the regular media as its usually some sort of "minor" thing in the grander scheme of things ..but sometimes I'm interested - especially if it's related with the aircraft itself.

Twitter usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes I just type the flight number into search on twitter and there's usually updates that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

Aviation in Ireland and Airlive.net are usually fairly quick for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭john boye

B77L currently heading for DUB on BA838

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

john boye wrote: »
    B77L currently heading for DUB on BA838

Weird - what's the reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Wow. A Cessna Caravan currently inbound to (I presume) Shannon. Left St. Johns, Newfie about 9 hours ago. Still a way to run. A very southerly route. I thought these guys usually went up north ... Greenland Iceland Scotland. Never saw one so far south.

https://www.flightradar24.com/N866MA/9cc5690

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Wow. A Cessna Caravan currently inbound to (I presume) Shannon. Left St. Johns, Newfie about 9 hours ago. Still a way to run. A very southerly route. I thought these guys usually went up north ... Greenland Iceland Scotland. Never saw one so far south.

I'd say that might have an american flag on the side be a bit green and full of people with guns!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Bazzy wrote: »
    I'd say that might have an american flag on the side be a bit green and full of people with guns!!!

On approach in to SNN now. Height and speed would be right for a Caravan.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Dardania wrote: »
    Weird - what's the reason?

Additional capacity due to the cancellation of an earlier flight , BA824

Wow !!

Never thought one of these could cross the Atlantic !!

Wow !!

A lot of extra fuel tanks for the journey.

Very nice plane the Cessna Caravan.......nice price too!

777 off from DUB again to Heathrow.

That wasn't a quick turnaround :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Wow !!

Almost anything can cross the Atlantic with the right amount of ferry tanks. My father met a guy in Shannon years ago (1980ish) who just arrived into Shannon in a single engine Piper Commanche, his wife with him, and a ferry tank in the rear instead of passenger seats. He had left the piper factory in the USA and was headed for Gibraltar. That was in the days before GPS, ELT's etc. All you needed was fuel, a few navigation instruments, and the balls to do the journey in a single engine piston.

Even today, transatlantic crossings in light aircraft are quite regular at certain times of the year when the weather is suitable. The air show in Oshkosh draws quite a large number of light aircraft from all across Europe, some travelling together and some doing the journey on their own, spending a few days at they airshow, and flying the return leg home again.

As far as I know, in order to get insurance to enter the oceanic region the PIC must have a CPL and instrument rating, or ATPL exams and an instrument rating, depending on the insurance company. As far as I know it's also a requirement to have an ADF, even though they are becoming redundant in many parts of the world.

Would love to do it myself in the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

777 off from DUB again to Heathrow.

That wasn't a quick turnaround :)

Nice sound from it flying over my house :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement