Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Carnacalla wrote: »
    EI779 from Lanzarote also gone around due tailwind.

Switching to RWY16

EI209 (Manchester-Dublin) landed next though.

You're kidding? Switching to 16 for a poxy light variable wind?! ATC really need to get their act together up in DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

AF1116 Paris CDG to Dublin, an A319 inbound Dublin.

Air France passenger aircraft are quite rare in DUB.

You're kidding? Switching to 16 for a poxy light variable wind?! ATC really need to get their act together up in DUB.

Requested by aircraft? After 3 go-around on 10 is it not the wise thing to do?

AF1116 Paris CDG to Dublin, an A319 inbound Dublin.

Air France passenger aircraft are quite rare in DUB.

Quite rare anywhere at the moment :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

How does it have anything to do with the ATCOs? They have manuals to stick to, if the tailwind component exceeds 10 knots, airline SOPs will prohibit an approach, and the ATC MATS will state that they must change runway.

• Advertisement

How does it have anything to do with the ATCOs? They have manuals to stick to, if the tailwind component exceeds 10 knots, airline SOPs will prohibit an approach, and the ATC MATS will state that they must change runway.

I fully accept that, and no offence meant at all. Just a little rant after several evenings of late night holding in DUB has taken it's toll!

However, when they do switch runways in DUB in variable wind conditions, it does mean flights stacking up in holds, while they get it all sorted, and a lot of the time by the time the new runway is in operation the wind is back favouring the original one due to the prevailing winds etc.

Requested by aircraft? After 3 go-around on 10 is it not the wise thing to do?

If it was steadily holding at a tailwind, but sure it's back favouring 10 now! Upper tailwinds can be managed to an extent by configuring early etc. Obviously if the landing wind is outside limits you go around. However the wind seems to be mainly less than ten knots all day, and reasonably easterly.

EI609 gone around at DUB on RWY16

Did they give a reason for the go around?

If it was steadily holding at a tailwind, but sure it's back favouring 10 now! Upper tailwinds can be managed to an extent by configuring early etc. Obviously if the landing wind is outside limits you go around. However the wind seems to be mainly less than ten knots all day, and reasonably easterly.

It was infact always a headwind at ground level, it's just the wind was a tailwind at higher levels.

The ATC made a comment about how Mét Eireann have been changing the TAF all day so planning for 10 then 28 then 10 etc

EI609 gone around, 10kt tailwind then 20kt headwind, and windshear.

• Advertisement

It was infact always a headwind at ground level, it's just the wind was a tailwind at higher levels.

The ATC made a comment about how Mét Eireann have been changing the TAF all day so planning for 10 then 28 then 10.

EI609 gone around, 10kt tailwind then 20kt headwind, and windshear.

Strange that they switched to runway so, as it's the wind on the ground that determines the operational runway!

Climbing and diverting to Shannon. (Changed to BFS)
    Messy, looking at the radar there's a cell located right above DUB

EI167 just gone around, FR7055 abandoned approach.

EI167 diverting to Shannon, EI609 tight on fuel and switching the divert to Belfast Aldergrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

METAR EIDW 121630Z 13010KT 090V150 9999 -SHRA SCT018CB SCT020 17/13 Q1004 NOSIG=

2000' wind - 290/20
    FL50 - 290/15

Surface wind now 360 degrees 12 knots, tailwind on 16 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im not listening in at the moment but I can get the Ground freq taken out if its blocking airborne transmissions, let me know.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Im not listening in at the moment but I can get the Ground freq taken out if its blocking airborne transmissions, let me know.

If it's not too much work, that would be appreciated, thanks Mech!

Switching now to RWY28!
    Some very small holding has turned into diversions and lots of delays!

2 min

remind me to put it back later!

If it's not too much work, that would be appreciated, thanks Mech!

Switching now to RWY28!
    Some very small holding has turned into diversions and lots of delays!

I'm like mistic meg

On a serious note, completely and utterly predictable!

I gaurantee there will be more runway switching in the next while. And all for what? Pick a runway and stick with it. The winds predominantly favour 10, 99 percent of aircraft will land. Start messing around with runway switching with that wind, and look what happens very very quickly.

Few more diversions to SNN.

5 diversions so far.

EI609 (AMS-DUB) to Belfast Aldergrove (BFS)
    EI167 (LHR-DUB) to Shannon (SNN)
    EI359 (STR-DUB) to Shannon (SNN)
    FR507 (BRS-DUB) to Shannon (SNN)
    FR7055 (AGP-DUB)to Shannon (SNN)

Anyone unsure of what airports the codes equate to, look them up!

• Advertisement

I'm like mistic meg

On a serious note, completely and utterly predictable!

I gaurantee there will be more runway switching in the next while. And all for what? Pick a runway and stick with it. The winds predominantly favour 10, 99 percent of aircraft will land. Start messing around with runway switching with that wind, and look what happens very very quickly.

The winds don't favour RWY10 in any aspect at the moment.

Hehehe nevermind, fecking wind is back at 070 degrees!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

BAW3, A318 has departed Shannon for New York. I didn't think they'd have a range that long.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BAW3/a00c748

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Trebor176 wrote: »
    BAW3, A318 has departed Shannon for New York. I didn't think they'd have a range that long.

It's a specially configured with 32 seats, business only. Comes from London City. €10000 one way I think.

Flys London City-Shannon-New-York twice daily, and New York-London City direct on the way back.

The A318 contains 32 business class seats, and stops in Shannon on the way over to restraints at LCY. The earlier flight benefits from US PRE-CLEARANCE.

EI645 inbound DUB informed of up to 30mins of holding.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    €10000 one way I think.

Remove one of those 0's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Shannon757 wrote: »
    It's a specially configured with 32 seats, business only. Comes from London City. €10000 one way I think.
    Flys London City-Shannon-New-York twice daily, and New York-London City direct on the way back.

The A318 contains 32 business class seats, and stops in Shannon on the way over to restraints at LCY. The earlier flight benefits from US PRE-CLEARANCE.

EI645 inbound DUB informed of up to 30mins of holding.

Thanks for the info lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

The wind is forecast to go westerly at 7kts and the wind at 2000ft is 300/15kt so RWY28 is looking like the best choice.

Snippet from TAF issued at 6pm (17:00UTC)

EIDW 121700Z 1218/1318 12007KT 9999 FEW012 BKN025
    TEMPO 1218/1219 01008KT
    PROB30
    TEMPO 1218/1220 5000 SHRA SCT018CB
    BECMG 1219/1222 26007KT

What a forecast!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

That's the daily London city/Shannon/New-York Business Class. Only about 45 seats on it. They refuel and clear US customs at Shannon. Cost about 4k I think

• Advertisement

chillin117 wrote: »
    That's the daily London city/Shannon/New-York Business Class. Only about 45 seats on it. They refuel and clear US customs at Shannon. Cost about 4k I think

32 seats, only first flight preclear, and €1000ish per way, as above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement