Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

john boye wrote: »
    Is that another new ATR for Stobart currently approaching DUB from TLS?

Took the words right out of my mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

can I ask the mandatory star air 767 from shannon question or have people enough of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

john boye wrote: »
    Is that another new ATR for Stobart currently approaching DUB from TLS?
    colbarr wrote: »
    Took the words right out of my mouth!

Any idea of the reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭john boye

Any idea of the reg?

EI-FSK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Do you ever see the savage milage put up on an average Ryanair plane in a day ? Heres an example of EI-ESX today https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/ei-esx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Bazzy wrote: »
    can I ask the mandatory star air 767 from shannon question or have people enough of it :)

Some get grumpy about around these parts! But I'm not one of them, so you're only too welcome to ask away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Some get grumpy about around these parts! But I'm not one of them,

Hehehe.

Seriously though, we should probably put the Star Air service into the first page, its been asked routinely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Hehehe.

Seriously though, we should probably put the Star Air service into the first page, its been asked routinely!

Err.... like who reads the 1st page of 1700 plus post topic, which started 4 months ago?

Seriously we should be here to encourage newbies not slang them off or make them feel unwelcome with smart, wise crack answers.

Afterall, we were all newbie's once and should not to forget it!

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Err.... like who reads the 1st page of 1700 plus post topic, which started 4 months ago?

People who are unfimilar with the thread. If I am unfimilar with any thread I will always read the first few pages for context
    Seriously we should be here to encourage newbies not slang them off or make them feel unwelcome with smart, wise crack answers.

Afterall, we were all newbie's once and should not to forget it!

I think we are fairly welcoming to newbies! This forum does have a flow of new users throughout its history (at least while Ive been here)

What may be off putting though, is your absoutle insistance to constantly police the forum and scrutinise all remarks made. Remember some of us aren't newbies, but are being pushed into silence.

Something to consider at least, I have no problem with you Pat Dunne and find most of your contributions fairly good to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Carnacalla wrote: »
    EI529 requesting a CAT III approach, denied by ATC as they are above LVP criteria.

Do you mean below LVP criteria?
    Are A320s not CAT IIIB certified, how bad was it that night?

• Advertisement

Do you mean below LVP criteria?
    Are A320s not CAT IIIB certified, how bad was it that night?

Pilots were told they couldn't fly a CATIII approach with full protections as weather was CAT I, pilots were told they could fly a CAT III approach but LSA etc wouldn't be protected but as there was no departures and there was increased spacing due RVO's it was pretty much a CATIII approach anyway.

Met conditions at the time were up to 1600m vis variable down to 600m with cloud base at 300ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

N930VY over Wicklow at moment, owned by Transatlantic Deliveries, anyone know what's origin, destination and who exactly are Transatlantic Deliveries based in North Carolina?? Nice looking aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Anyone else got a glitchy FR24 site at present?
    Clicking on the planes icons not bringing up the sidebar of extra info for me
    I had premium version, but since the recent facelift I seem to have been dumped off that membership, and the ads/banners which should disappear off premium are non removable now, and pretty intrusive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

TedR wrote: »
    I had premium version, but since the recent facelift I seem to have been dumped off that membership, and the ads/banners which should disappear off premium are non removable now, and pretty intrusive

They had some issues earlier, resolved now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Alot lately.....a lot of aircraft taking off on the grass and in the adjacent carpark haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Coasting-in westbound over Wexford at 15:25 is E-4B 75-0125 callsign SECDEF1. Guess who?

Pilots were told they couldn't fly a CATIII approach with full protections as weather was CAT I, pilots were told they could fly a CAT III approach but LSA etc wouldn't be protected but as there was no departures and there was increased spacing due RVO's it was pretty much a CATIII approach anyway.

Met conditions at the time were up to 1600m vis variable down to 600m with cloud base at 300ft.

Why wouldn't they protect the ILS if low viz OPS were in place?

Why wouldn't they protect the ILS if low viz OPS were in place?

Because Low Vis Ops were not in place and the crew required it to be in place to make a CAT III ILS approach. They requested ATC to go into LVP's but this was denied, due to the criteria for going into LVP's not being met.

From an IAA document entitled “Procedures for Reduced and Low Visibility Operations at Dublin Airport”

"The document states that LVPs shall be initiated by the Station Manager if visibility
    is 1,000 m or less and forecast to deteriorate significantly, or the cloud ceiling is
    300 ft or less. LVPs shall be enforced when the IRVR is 550 m or less (or if the
    IRVR is unserviceable when the Met Visibility is 800 m or less) and/or the cloud
    ceiling is 200 ft or less"

As GVHOT posted above, these criteria were not met.

If ATC had gone into LVP's it would have resulted in further delays for aircraft who were already considering a divert.

Got it, thanks.

Ops gone to RWY 16 at DUB, main runway closed?

• Advertisement

yeah, anyone any idea how long its staying on 16? Ive nipped out before to watch the approaches, only to get there just as they switch back :-)

yeah, anyone any idea how long its staying on 16? Ive nipped out before to watch the approaches, only to get there just as they switch back :-)

Not long, there's an emirates getting RWY10 now.

Edit: Nevermind EIN27R which is 18 mins out has been told to expect RWY16

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

R/W 16 in use due scheduled walking inspection of 10/28 2000-2100 hours local.
    The Emirates requested 10 so maintenance crew are vacating.

thanks
    I wont bother so.. would have been nice evening to watch the planes lining up on 16

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Anyone know what the story is with this flight? Is it a charter or was it in for maintenance?

http://fr24.com/TVS3487/a0a0932

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

h3000 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with this flight? Is it a charter or was it in for maintenance?

http://fr24.com/TVS3487/a0a0932

French charters every Thursday into SNN. Travel service and Transvia have taken up where Air Mediterrane left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

American Airlines 141 seems to be descending towards Shannon.

reforger wrote: »
    American Airlines 141 seems to be descending towards Shannon.

Looked amazing in the sunset!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Technical problem with battery discharging and have been advised not to continue . No need for rescue vehicles , landed safely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Any way of knowing when its in dublin next?

2 on Monday and another Tuesday

Couple into Knock this weekend as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement