Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Flightradar seems to think the BCN-ORK-BOS flights starts today, its in the airport listings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Flightradar seems to think the BCN-ORK-BOS flights starts today, its in the airport listings!

They're there about two weeks I believe.

Both Flightradar 24 and Aeroweather acting up, the latter for a few days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Both Flightradar 24 and Aeroweather acting up, the latter for a few days now.

I'm increasingly finding Flightradar24 is unresponsive when I click on an aircraft icon. It just turns from yellow to red while the cursor is on the a/c symbol but there is no flight data displayed on the left of the page.

This is a regular thing now, at least on my pc, and when I log on with my iPad, the default map is centered somewhere over Scandanavia.

I'm a Gold subscriber for what it's worth, but I certainly won't be renewing whenever my sub expires. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Same as that. Icons dont work unless I log out and then log back in.. and it always assumes I am in Finland too. I was there once, it was very nice :-), but I dont live there, its Dublin is the main interest. Also unlikely to bother re joining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,517 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was on it earlier and there was one aircraft showing on it... the EI A320 coming in from Nice. It was in the hold... which was odd considering the lack of other traffic... :P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

FR7257 from Madrid to Dublin

Going around at DUB http://fr24.com/RYR62LA/a35a887

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

KoolKid wrote: »
    FR7257 from Madrid to Dublin

Going around at DUB http://fr24.com/RYR62LA/a35a887

Tower cleared RYR62LA (who was on short finals) for takeoff accidentally and then EIN1GE who was lined up and holding position responded with 'tower we're lined up and ready', then by that time RYR62LA was too close to allow the EIN1GE to depart, so after some confusion on the RT he sent RYR62LA around. Amazing what an error like that of a callsign can cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

GEC8162 Lufthansa Cargo touching down now at Shannon. MD-11F D-ALCB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Interesting flight paths of the planes following the Tour De France over Cherbourg.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tower cleared RYR62LA (who was on short finals) for takeoff accidentally and then EIN1GE who was lined up and holding position responded with 'tower we're lined up and ready', then by that time RYR62LA was too close to allow the EIN1GE to depart, so after some confusion on the RT he sent RYR62LA around. Amazing what an error like that of a callsign can cost!

He was a fair bit out when he pulled up. No loss of separation , I'd say,

The cityjet superjet operated LRH-ORK today.

BA295 from LHR to ORD is currently holding at FL150 over Swansea after making a u turn just east of Waterford. B744(G-CIVL)

Entering the hold for LHR now.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Poor sods were probably at LHR at least 09.00 for an 11.20 flight, delayed to 14.03 and soon back where they started 8 hours ago.

Turning for approach now, other traffic appears to be holding. Something mechanical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yes, operational issue according to twitter, someone said something about broken flaps, saw smoke from one of the engine's as they landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Go around for EI3675 at Shannon.

On the ground at second attempt, what was the reason for the go-around?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭The_Outsider

What I caught from a tower transmission was that there was possible debris on the runway from a previous landing and that an inspection was taking place. Ops normal after a few minutes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Can someone explain how the French ATC strike works? 100s of flights cancelled, and many more diverted around French airspace, yet anytime I've looked a FR24, the country is covered in planes. Am I missing something. I'd presume there would be a few ATCers on hand for emergencies or whatever, but why, if they have to cancel or redirect so many flights, are there still so many Planes able to operate over French airspace?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

colbarr wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the French ATC strike works? 100s of flights cancelled, and many more diverted around French airspace, yet anytime I've looked a FR24, the country is covered in planes. Am I missing something. I'd presume there would be a few ATCers on hand for emergencies or whatever, but why, if they have to cancel or redirect so many flights, are there still so many Planes able to operate over French airspace?

They are basally not operating at full capacity, air space is open but not fully manned hence the cancellations.

EI857 (EIN85X) ALC-ORK gone around at Cork due low visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

There's something I wouldn't have imagined a year ago, a pair of Superjets over Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

B742 / VC-25 82-8000 AF1 coasting-in north of Limerick at 20:55 heading ENE FL350

Nice track to cross Dublin about 21:05

Heading to Poland for NATO summit and then to Spain.

SAM 44 following , to the south. Boeing C-32A. currently over Kinsale

"EDGE 22" also just after passing over, USAF,Boeing E4-B Nightwatch. (b742)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Would have thought AF1 was blocked on FR24.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Bsal wrote: »
    Me too but when you are flying to a well publicised event (NATO summit) and depart in the usual public manner trying to hide in a black hole over the Atlantic will only make your location as obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Bsal wrote: »

I had a look at about the time it was due over Dublin, but it didn't show up on my system here, and the other related aircraft were nowhere to be seen, but that may be somehow related to which version of the software the user has running, and which platform it's running on.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement