Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

AF1 and other military typically fly with transponders off so you wouldn't see them on FR24. I wonder if this sudden appearance is related with NATO / Russians trying to agree on a policy, that military flights should in fact fly with transponders on. This is to do with Russians having made some close encounters over the Baltic sea with civilian traffic, Finns were very angry with them at one point

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-calls-transponders-military-flights-over-baltics-190852443.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Look at this for a diversion.

Over half way there but realise you wont have enough fuel and have to turn back not to Finland but back to London! 12 hours in the air to return back to where you took off ouch.

27542231564_b5611faa11_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Oops sorry for any confusion the AF1 screenshot was from another system, not FR24.

Though you'd think that would be the one flight that *wouldn't* have to be hidden on FR24, given that it's probably the aircraft in the World best equipped with countermeasures. Plus the fact that it announces itself clearly on the radio instead of just using a generic REACH callsign...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

FlyNiki A320 airborne out of KIR, going to Graz in Austria. Rare occurence for Kerry, although they are receiving a lot of charters of late from all over Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Does anyone here host a FR antenna set up ? https://www.flightradar24.com/apply-for-receiver

• Advertisement

chillin117 wrote: »
    Does anyone here host a FR antenna set up ?

I applied a while back but was rejected and told that my area ( near Belfast ) was adequately covered. At that time they needed receivers out on the north-west coast to fill the gap south of Iceland. I think they still do.

They're also interested if you have coverage of an airport down to ground-level.

Flightaware and Planefinder also offer receivers and they're probably keener as they have much poorer coverage in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

arubex wrote: »
    I applied a while back but was rejected and told that my area ( near Belfast ) was adequately covered. At that time they needed receivers out on the north-west coast to fill the gap south of Iceland. I think they still do.

They're also interested if you have coverage of an airport down to ground-level.

Flightaware and Planefinder also offer receivers and they're probably keener as they have much poorer coverage in Ireland.

could you divert the gathered info from these into fr24 also?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

martinsvi wrote: »
    AF1 and other military typically fly with transponders off so you wouldn't see them on FR24.

I'd be interested in your evidence for this as I don't believe it to be true. I would expect military aircraft to leave their transponders off only when "operational", e.g. when engaged on combat or equivalent missions. Otherwise they are subject to military or civilian ATC and need to be visible so that they can be managed along with all of the other traffic in a given area.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I'd be interested in your evidence for this as I don't believe it to be true. I would expect military aircraft to leave their transponders off only when "operational", e.g. when engaged on combat or equivalent missions. Otherwise they are subject to military or civilian ATC and need to be visible so that they can be managed along with all of the other traffic in a given area.

Correct transponders on.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

Easyjet LS894 on route to MAN squawking 7700 seems to be diverting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ShanE90 wrote: »
    Easyjet LS894 on route to MAN squawking 7700 seems to be diverting

It was very close to MAN so just landed there.

LS is the Jet2 callsign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

"EDGE 22" ,Boeing E-4B nightwatch(b742) westbound, currently over Rosslare.

EI-SEV operating FR509 into Dublin from Bristol.

To explain this post, EI-SEV is an unusual member of the Ryanair fleet, it's the only 737-700 that they have, a while back it was being offered with a higher spec cabin than the normal aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

EI-SEV operating FR509 into Dublin from Bristol.

To explain this post, EI-SEV is an unusual member of the Ryanair fleet, it's the only 737-700 that they have, a while back it was being offered with a higher spec cabin than the normal aircraft

Back to its 148 Y class seating for the busy summer period, it operated the FR2412/3 today, the FR3104/5 and also the FR508/509, it also did 2 sectors before the FR2412/3 but I cant remember

3660 miles one way B737. I know its a Business jet. Has it got this range because it only carries a few passengers or has it bigger fuel tanks or both ? https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/hb-jja

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

3660 miles one way B737. I know its a Business jet. Has it got this range because it only carries a few passengers or has it bigger fuel tanks or both ? https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/hb-jja

Both. Corporate lay out and has the extended range tanks which means smaller baggage holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Flight UA25 missed approach at Shannon now holding? Anyone know why?

http://imgur.com/6CJNiir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Landing Gear indication! One of the main gear is not indicating 'Green' or locked down.
    Update! Crew are confident it is just an indication issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Foggy43 wrote: »
    Landing Gear indication! One of the main gear is not indicating 'Green' or locked down.

Thanks, what i saw as a missed approach must have been him going a fly by over the tower for them to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

davo2001 wrote: »
    Thanks, what i saw as a missed approach must have been him going a fly by over the tower for them to check.

Just about to touch down now emergency vehicles on standby at either end of the runway. He said he will get a gear inspection after landing and should be able to taxi to stand after that.

• Advertisement

FR293 gone around at DUB.

Dreamliner due in early tomorrow https://www.flightradar24.com/flight/et502

Dreamliner due in early tomorrow https://www.flightradar24.com/flight/et502

Are they not in every morning?

I spotted the Thomson 787 inbound Dublin the morning if the 27th, quite an aircraft.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Are they not in every morning?

I spotted the Thomson 787 inbound Dublin the morning if the 27th, quite an aircraft.
    They could be sorry, only saw them tonight. I have not seen one yet

They could be sorry, only saw them tonight. I have not seen one yet

They are becoming plentiful, you should head out to see one!

EI-KMA,Bombardier challenger 604 currently passing over Ireland en route to the states. Its the first of the GainJet aircraft to switch to the Irish register,ex SX-KMA

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Arkia Israeli Airlines 757 just took off there for Tel Aviv.

is that regular or a charter?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Lots of planes lining up on 34 tonight.. I am in Sandymount so they are passing along the strand here, I am entertaining myself trying to ID the aircraft type (BoeingvAirbus) from the sound of the engines, then checking it on FR24
    I think I can mostly get it right... I know, I need help :-)

Arkia Israeli Airlines 757 just took off there for Tel Aviv.

is that regular or a charter?

Think its a regular with a high amount of chartered seats.

• Advertisement

Heading SE over Athlone at 07:25 is B722 N724YS of the Fry dynasty, same bunch who have a 747SP

https://fr24.com/BLOCKED/a526526

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement