Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

I'm flying home on EI765 tonight which lands at 12:05, would there be a good chance of me landing on 34/16?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    I'm flying home on EI765 tonight which lands at 12:05, would there be a good chance of me landing on 34/16?

Yep, maintenance on 10/28 from 11p.m. to 4:45 a.m. until Sat July 26th...

Enjoy!

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/night-time-closure-of-runway-10-28-to-facilitate-essential-maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

The UA 767 that diverted to Edinburgh enroute to Chicago yesterday with a fuel issue has declared an emergency off the Scottish coast and is returning once again to Edinburgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

BZ wrote: »
    The UA 767 that diverted to Edinburgh enroute to Chicago yesterday with a fuel issue has declared an emergency off the Scottish coast and is returning once again to Edinburgh

FYI; UA2081

Edit: any idea of the nature of the emergency?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Not on FR24 but very unusually there are three USAF KC-135Rs heading NE over Tipperary at 15:30; QID318, 319 and 320 being the callsigns.

Up on Dublin Control, looking for an altitude block FL210 to 220 heading to LIFGO ( ? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

arubex wrote: »
    Not on FR24 but very unusually there are three USAF KC-135Rs heading NE over Tipperary at 15:30; QID318, 319 and 320 being the callsigns.

Up on Dublin Control, looking for an altitude block FL210 to 220 heading to LIFGO ( ? )

LIPGO? About 25 miles due East of Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are there particular weather conditions that move flights to 34/16 or is it just used when 10/28 is out of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

At the moment, strong southerly (16) or strong northerly (34) would mean they get used.

Once the new runway is built, it won't be used unless they really really need to, but as it stands its if they kinda want to. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭windowspotter

Iran Air IR712 squawking 7700 for the 2nd time today. Be very unfortunate to get 2 sick passengers, sounds like a problem that wasn't resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

"BOXER 43" USAF C40(737) Currently over Drogheda ,westbound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Looks like its 28 for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Looks like 34 now, the lucky bastardo

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Have to say, it was my first time landing on 34 and the views of the city are amazing! Also it makes for a bumpy landing :D

A BA 747 on the ground at the moment after diverting was enroute ORD-LHR.
    A BA 777-300 is due in around 1300 to collect the passengers.
    A la Compagnie 757 is due in around 1145 for a fuel stop.

All at SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Have to say, it was my first time landing on 34 and the views of the city are amazing! Also it makes for a bumpy landing :D

I missed it by 30 minutes one time recently... getting a window seat on the left hand side of the plane with Ryanair is 1 in 6 so you can see how rare it is.

And still, STILL, noone has videoed the approach out of the left hand side of the plane and uploaded it to Youtube.

B747, 4X-ELA of Israel Airlines has just touched down at Shannon en route from New York-Tel Aviv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I see no flights at all today at Waterford. Did the last daily to UK pull out ?
    Any point in it being there now as the improved roads make Cork or Dublin easily do-able ?

chillin117 wrote: »
    Any point in it being there now as the improved roads make Cork or Dublin easily do-able ?

See Waterford airport thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

chillin117 wrote: »

There was a very good discussion early last month on Waterford, have a look here rather than ploughing through the whole thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056892567&page=42
    Pity to see services ended.

an AN-26 has just touched down at Dublin airport, rare one to, Vulkan air's EW-378TG ,built in 1985

• Advertisement

BOE737 the 737max is currently just south of SNN heading home after the farnborough airshow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭Bobthefireman

Is Nice airport closed to aircraft can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Is Nice airport closed to aircraft can anyone confirm?

Considering this is the FR thread ...If you look at flight radar you can see that Nice Airport is operating as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Back open now, it was evacuated earlier while the army and police went in due to a suspicious package being left in the airport. Pax only started making their way back in about a half hour ago

US Navy Boeing C-40A(737) on descent into Shannon now. "Convoy 4602"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Flights being diverted from a turkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

SU2134 looks to have flown from SVO and turned around right outside IST. Would it have enough fuel to make it back, would it carry the fuel for both legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Guess it will refuel in Russia if needs be.

• Advertisement

That must be tricky, especially considering the large amount of Irish in Turkey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement