Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A whole swarm of little planes (sorry for being so technical!) flew over Wexford Town yesterday evening. They looked like some of the ones that were here for the Bray Airshow.
    They were coming from the south, heading north/NW. Nothing on FR24, presume they were too low. Was there a little aftershow jaunt by some of them staying an few extra days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

They were on the way to Athboy, part of a European tour.

Brand new Oman Air 737NG on the way into Dublin now ,reg A40-BAA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Brand new Oman Air 737NG on the way into Dublin now ,reg A40-BAA

It's A4O-BAA

27952090173_1d92001dee_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I wanted to listen to Shannon talking to overflying aircraft but the atc link on live atc has been down for ages. Anyone have an alternative ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Anybody know what this flight on approach to Kerry from Vienna is? Must be a charter I presume
    https://www.flightradar24.com/NLY122C/a876917

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a plane just flew really low over south dublin 5 mins ago, i actually thought it was going to crash.

nothing on fr. anybody know what it was? sounded like a jet as opposed to a small

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Anyone see a low flying jet over Lucan - Ballyfermot approx 5 mins ago.... not showing up on the radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

a plane just flew really low over south dublin 5 mins ago, i actually thought it was going to crash.

nothing on fr. anybody know what it was? sounded like a jet as opposed to a small

It was a StrikeMaster jet from Weston.

Put on a very nice display at Birr today despite the dismal weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR9942 (ALC-ORK) holding at Cork, fog currently present.

First post in 5 days in this thread, must be a record.

TOM1633 gone around at DUB

Wind 8kts G 20kts from 180 degrees at 1pm Metar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Kuwait A300 9K-AMA on approach to SNN now

Gulfstream that held at Cork diverting to SNN.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Kuwait A300 9K-AMA on approach to SNN now

I got a pic of this coming in, I was up on Woodcock Hill overlooking Shannon. Will pop it in the pics thread in a while :)

Avro Lancaster ,PA474, showing on FR24 now, currently between Liverpool and the Isle of Man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

City jet avro WX115 has gone around at Dublin. Passed over here at 2000ft. Probably down to the weather as the winds are quite gusty

City jet avro WX115 has gone around at Dublin. Passed over here at 2000ft. Probably down to the weather as the winds are quite gusty

Rescue 116 tasked to a casualty in the Wicklow mountains and declared priority, given priority across the active and BCY115 was given a go around to facilitate.

FR119 broke off the approach and returning for another approach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Was on EI579 there this evening to Dublin. Captain advised us with good notice that the seat belt sign would be going on early due to high winds in Dublin so I took the brown trousers out of my hand luggage in preparation.

No bumps. Normal landing. Was expecting a roller coaster. (I'm relieved obviously!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

faceman wrote: »
    Was on EI579 there this evening to Dublin. Captain advised us with good notice that the seat belt sign would be going on early due to high winds in Dublin so I took the brown trousers out of my hand luggage in preparation.

No bumps. Normal landing. Was expecting a roller coaster. (I'm relieved obviously!)

It was quite windy for most of the day in Dublin but the winds abated to some degree late in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Rescue 116 tasked to a casualty in the Wicklow mountains and declared priority, given priority across the active and BCY115 was given a go around to facilitate.

I was out hiking yesterday, I think I saw it operating in the Glendalough area, the weather, more specifically the wind was punishing, I ditched the plan to go up the Djouce and hiked the Wicklow way to Lough Dan instead. I don't understand the hikers who are pushing for it setting out in conditions that aren't exactly suitable.. that's not to say that this incident had anything to do with an unfit hiker, but seriously the scenes yesterday were beyond funny - bus load of people with unsuitable clothing, no sign of water bottles, stuck on a trail unable to catch a breath..

Rescue 115 from Shannon is currently on a mission off the west coast to a trawler. Rescue 117 from Waterford is also tasked and was inbound Cork for a top on fuel, Cork advised there would be a 20 minute delay in fuel, Rescue 117 now diverting to Shannon for a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Rescue 115 from Shannon is currently on a mission off the west coast to a trawler. Rescue 117 from Waterford is also tasked and was inbound Cork for a top on fuel, Cork advised there would be a 20 minute delay in fuel, Rescue 117 now diverting to Shannon for a top up.

Can be tracked here for anyone new to this.
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-9/centery:52/zoom:7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Mech1 wrote: »

Just heard Rescue 117 near my house, presumably on the way back to Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭JuanJose

faceman wrote: »

Approach into Manchester on Monday morning with Ryanair involved a few lurches but ultimately with a pretty smooth landing. Once cabin crew made their standard pre-landing announcements, a message was made specifically by one of the cabin crew for the cabin crew to "take their seats now & strap themselves in". This was a first in my experience. I presume they got word from the flight deck to be seated & strapped 10 minutes out to be on the safe side.

Few go arounds at TFS now, where the temperature is 40c and the wind is 21kts G 31kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Has AA777 turned back to SNN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Has AA777 turned back to SNN?

is out of radar coverage so I'd say it's a flight radar anomaly.

• Advertisement

G-CHAS, piper archer, currently showing east of Mullingar after a stop in Abbeyshrule.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement