Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

AN 124 currently north of Enniskillen, eastbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

A few holding at ORK at the moment following EI3701 emergency landing. What's up with the C525 hold pattern? https://www.flightradar24.com/C525/ac65f3b

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

what/who are those 3 planes currently flying around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

about to ask the same ..does not look like an AirCore display team.

They have done 4 runs down the liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

colbarr wrote: »
    A few holding at ORK at the moment following EI3701 emergency landing. What's up with the C525 hold pattern? https://www.flightradar24.com/C525/ac65f3b

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/emergency-landing-in-cork-airport-as-captain-reports-issue-on-board-plane-751189.html

Smoke in the cabin.

That story kinda hurt to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Carnacalla wrote: »

In what way?
    I thought the story was factual, used verifiable sources and completely lacked the usual speculation and sensationalism associated with other aviation related incidents. :D

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    In what way?
    I thought the story was factual, used verifiable sources and completely lacked the usual speculation and sensationalism associated with other aviation related incidents. :D

I find its the way it was written, it has the tone of "THIS HAPPENED AND ITS SCARY AND YOU SHOULD NEVER FLY AGAIN". Compared to the RTE article :" http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0824/811586-cork-airport-aer-lingus/" which I find quite basic and informative.

There's also a Joe.ie article, which I won't even try and read.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

A fire in the air is one of the most unpredictable problems that a crew can face, it may be as minor as a failed fan, or something left in an oven, or it can result in the loss of the entire aircraft and passengers (SR111, MD11, in flight fire, 229 killed), so while this one incident was relatively minor, and had no dramatic consequences, we can make that assessment with 20/20 hindsight, at the time, for the crew and passengers, it would have been a worrying incident, which is why it was treated as a full emergency, with other flights put into holding patterns to expedite the landing of the aircraft with the emergency.

If the news media are having a slow day, if there's any sort of delay in releasing a full informed statement, you may be sure that someone will ramp the severity of the incident, paper never refuses ink, and the reporters are keen to get their names highlighted.

The same sort of thing happens in some places on Boards, the best example I can think of is the weather forum, there are a number of people who will be desperate to be the first to report falling snow over the next months.

The good aspect of the incident is that no one has been injured or hurt, and the airframe has not been significantly damaged. That's the right result as far as I'm concerned.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Anyone know which flight the Irish Olympic team are arriving on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I presume you saw this

https://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0824/811652-irelands-athletes-poised-to-return-home/

I have no idea. Is it charter or schedule via a hub somewhere in Europe?

• Advertisement

I find its the way it was written, it has the tone of "THIS HAPPENED AND ITS SCARY AND YOU SHOULD NEVER FLY AGAIN". Compared to the RTE article :" http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0824/811586-cork-airport-aer-lingus/" which I find quite basic and informative.

There's also a Joe.ie article, which I won't even try and read.

:D = Sarcam, ironic, even dare I say, witty. :)

Ops changed to RWY16 for a few minutes at DUB. Inspection (I think) on RWY10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Did they not change it cause the wind was at 150/06 and is now 140/06? they are still on RWY16

billie1b wrote: »
    Did they not change it cause the wind was at 150/06 and is now 140/06? they are still on RWY16

No they didn't, a crosswind of less than 6 knots doesn't affect ops at the slightest.

Inspection finishing now, switching back to 28 now.

No they didn't, a crosswind of less than 6 knots doesn't affect ops at the slightest.

Inspection finishing now, switching back to 28 now.

Didn't say the crosswind was affecting the OPS, I know well how the wind and other unforseen circumstances affect OPS, I just gave you the current wind and the reason we were told to change our pushback instructions but I forgot that you know everything with your high and mighty tone

billie1b wrote: »
    Didn't say the crosswind was affecting the OPS, I know well how the wind and other unforseen circumstances affect OPS, I just gave you the current wind and the reason we were told to change our pushback instructions but I forgot that you know everything with your high and mighty tone

I'll put this down to you being in a foul mood, but ATC stating an inspection caused the runway change.

Nothing to do with any tone thank you very much.

If your intrested, wind is now 130/4 yet its on 28.

Addition :

Rather than subscribe to your method of personal abuse, I will ask a question. Why would they switch runways, when the crosswind difference is 20 degrees between 10 and 16, R10 is preferred, and 16 actually being slower. I'm not asking this with a "tone", I'm actually looking for an informative answer.

Changing from 10 to 16 then to 28 would be slightly less disruptive than going from 10 to 28. The preferred runway is 28, even with a low tail wind component, so that makes sense, and if an inspection was needed, the double change would have made it easier to accommodate.

and please, to avoid us having to get involved, less of the tones and attitude, it's inappropriate, and a breach of the forum charter

Changing from 10 to 16 then to 28 would be slightly less disruptive than going from 10 to 28.

How so?

Less disruption to the holds and flow to the runway, a change from 10 to 28 means that arriving traffic has to be held for longer to allow the departing traffic to clear what is about to become the arrival route, going via 16 means they can start the arrival flow to 16 to happen almost instantly after the last arrival on 10, so there's not the same break to arrivals. It also means that they can start departure queues for 16, but they'd have to hold a lot of the 28 departures on the ramp until the 10 arrival stream is cleared, to avoid the pinch point area around the 28 threshold.

Military active on RWY28 at DUB. Aircraft holding. What does this involve?

• Advertisement

Military active on RWY28 at DUB. Aircraft holding. What does this involve?

Money flight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

stk200m on FR?

Seen it briefly over Malahide but didn't get a good view....looked different than your average jet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

stk200m on FR?

Seen it briefly over Malahide but didn't get a good view....looked different than your average jet

EI-FSL new delivery for Stobart Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

stk200m on FR?

Stobart callsign. 200 would mean second unscheduled flight of the day. M = maintanence flight.

"UAE232" Emirates A380 just off the north west coast heading very far north on its journey to Dubai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Cityjet out of DUB looks to be positioning to Knock.

he better not be, theres no one in the tower! ;)

he better not be, theres no one in the tower! ;)

:) So one must have told him, look like SNN now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

RAF Hurricane PZ865 airborne from the Isle of Man and now tracking across the Island. The BBMF website says that it is to display at Rhyl today so I'm not sure why it's at the IOM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement