Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Has anyone any idea why the SAR heli is doing laps of the D8 area?

It's been over my house about four or five times now.

As a sailor I hate seeing it out at all :( but most unusual to see it inland over the city like this......

Thought at first it was going to land in James' Hospital or the RHK, but it's still doing the rounds.

(not on FR24, btw, have found it on AIS site - but I thought here was the best place to ask, hope that's OK!)

ETA - now sounds like it's landed/landing at/near James' - is there a landing site there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Iirc They land in the Royal Hospital grounds and transport via ambulance. The laps could be due to training exercise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Aer Arann were back in the sky tonight doing a charter for the Munster team !
    I do miss the old Aer Arann

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Here in North County Dublin and a plane passed over head at a fair altitude but what looked like very high speed, certainly much faster than usual traffic. It was heading south east over the Irish Sea.

Any ideas what it may have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

Here in North County Dublin and a plane passed over head at a fair altitude but what looked like very high speed, certainly much faster than usual traffic. It was heading south east over the Irish Sea.

Any ideas what it may have been?

Looks like it was a Gulfstream 550 flying very high at FL450 search it's callsign GLF5 on FR24 you'll see at now approaching the coast of England

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea what FR12 is doing at NOC? It's certainly not a scheduled flight to there ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Locker10a wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what FR12 is doing at NOC? It's certainly not a scheduled flight to there ?

Charter flight from NOC to DUB for Mayo V Dublin in the All-Ireland Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

At FL410 over Dublin, I would guess a positioning flight to another RYR base.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

EI-FIV Went Tech in NOC 2 days ago on the inbound from LTN.

On approach to STN now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fiv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-CBK still out of service after leaving the runway at Donegal the other week. EI-EHH taking its plaace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

EI-CBK still out of service after leaving the runway at Donegal the other week. EI-EHH taking its plaace

Is it still in Donegal or has it positioned down to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Not on FR24 but Tunisian Air Force C-130J serial Z21122 passing NW over Limerick at 09:00 F240.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Fr24 glitch??

20gnxab.png

Yup, if the line was to be believed, the aircraft flew at less than 3000ft the whole way from Liege, in a direct straight line!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Russians about?

10ru6br.png

jimbis wrote: »
    Russians about?

10ru6br.png

Yup 4 aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Negative_G

UK MOD have confirmed QRA from Lossiemouth intercepted two Blackjack bombers.

Wonder how close they were to the Irish coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

EI-FRX,Ryanairs latest delivery on finals at Dublin now

Stopped in Reykjavik on the way, rather than straight from Seattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Negative_G wrote: »
    UK MOD have confirmed QRA from Lossiemouth intercepted two Blackjack bombers.

Wonder how close they were to the Irish coast.
    What exactly happens on an intercept? Is it just a case of "I see you" and they turnaround, or is there some awkward mid-air standoff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What exactly happens on an intercept? Is it just a case of "I see you" and they turnaround, or is there some awkward mid-air standoff?
    They basically just accompany the offending aircraft until they are a safe distance away from the country's airspace, afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Shedite27 wrote: »

Basically, a couple of Typhoons will go up, pick up the target aircraft and "encourage" it away from where they don't want it to be.

As it all takes place in international airspace though, there is very little that can be done, and neither side would escalate it with threats of weapons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Carnacalla wrote: »

Stopped in Reykjavik on the way, rather than straight from Seattle.

unusual for them - must have been unfavourable weather? Or dicky routing offered to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

When Ryanair are getting their new planes do Boeing fly it over or do RA send their own guys over and fly it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

CardinalJ wrote: »
    When Ryanair are getting their new planes do Boeing fly it over or do RA send their own guys over and fly it back?

They send their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

This is a new one on me. I monitor FR24 regularly for AN124 movements, and up to now I thought only ADB, Volga Dnepr and Russian Air Force flew those babies ...

https://www.flightradar24.com/MXM3725/b16f451

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Manuel wrote: »
    This is a new one on me. I monitor FR24 regularly for AN124 movements, and up to now I thought only ADB, Volga Dnepr and Russian Air Force flew those babies ...

https://www.flightradar24.com/MXM3725/b16f451

They also operate a couple of IL-76's as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Another new one en route for Ryanair

EI-FRY

• Advertisement

Anyone know why there are so many delays at DUB this morning ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement