Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Anybody see this?

24943245795_b3524b786c_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anybody see this?
    I saw it :P
    Lufthansa's often go out into the ocean for hours at a time from SNN, some sort of training or testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

didnt even need to check the FR to know that the plane thats just passing over Dublin now is an Antonov.

most unique sound ever!

Nice AN-12(4) sound over Dublin
    https://www.flightradar24.com/UKL4011/8c7d5d9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Some sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just heard that, incredible noise off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Some sound.

Yep. Jumped at the app when I heard it. Very distinctive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭john boye

Really is nothing like it, amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

It just flew over my house. Great sound from it.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    It just flew over my house. Great sound from it.

It sounded like it was skimming my chimney pots! Couldn't believe when I checked FR24 to see it was at nearly 30,000 feet :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭eastmayo

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    It sounded like it was skimming my chimney pots! Couldn't believe when I checked FR24 to see it was at nearly 30,000 feet :eek:

Just flew over. .....lovely sound

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

beautiful sound-mayo

That's the AN-12 for you :) I had a feeling it was one of those when I heard it, but was still shocked when my suspicions were confirmed.

The AN-12 must be heading to Iceland.

That's the AN-12 for you :) I had a feeling it was one of those when I heard it, but was still shocked when my suspicions were confirmed.

The AN-12 must be heading to Iceland.
    Does the big monster one (125??) ever fly over Dublin?

I know it was in Shannon a year or two, but if that's what a small one sounds like, I'd REALLY love to hear the big one!

Does the big monster one (125??) ever fly over Dublin?

I know it was in Shannon a year or two, but if that's what a small one sounds like, I'd REALLY love to hear the big one!

That would be the 225 :) It did fly over Dublin some time last year, having departed Shannon. I never heard it, though.

This is one of the best videos to hear the 225, but you may want to fast forward, if you don't want to see the full thing:

The smaller 124 doesn't sound too dissimilar to the 225.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Saw the 225 take off last year from Shannon. Ground shaking feeling and the noise is deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Four Screws beat six blowjobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

jimbis wrote: »
    Must be nice to have your own 767.

2qwg8bm.jpg

He's on the move again.... just crossing South Wales en-route to Newark.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Orenair 777 squawking 7700 just after take off from punta cana. Has done a circuit over the island and heading back in the direction of the airfield. No dumping of fuel and would be pretty full for the trip back to russia so must be a pretty serious emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This is one of the best videos to hear the 225
    Nice video, but it must be empty as Russian aircraft usually use the curvature of the earth to get airborne, kinda like the A340-200:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Can anyone tell me what type of Transponder is fitted to the ATR family? A company has recently started using them in my local area, and they do not show up on TCAS unless you are within 5 miles or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

ATR lists L-3 T2CAS or Collins TCAS II as options.

ADS-B on the 600s is NXT-600, same as new Q400s.

RJ264 ORD-AMM 787 diverting to SNN with a medical emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

Interesting visitor on his way into Cork...

0znm1kM.png

BZ wrote: »
    Orenair 777 squawking 7700 just after take off from punta cana. Has done a circuit over the island and heading back in the direction of the airfield. No dumping of fuel and would be pretty full for the trip back to russia so must be a pretty serious emergency.

http://avherald.com/h?article=493c6485

Engine shut down, sparks off the gear on landing and a full evacuation once on the ground.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it is plane related.....

There was a plane (I'm 99% sure it was the same one) doing laps over the city today about 4pm..... I was out walking and noticed it the first time as you'd almost never see planes above Ranelagh and it was quite low - then it appeared again, then again, and then (although I was indoors the last time) again. Each pass was maybe 3 or 4 minutes apart

It didn't look like a regular commercial/passenger plane.

Anyone know what that was?

If quite low, perhaps it was one of the Air Corps CASA aircraft.

If quite low, perhaps it was one of the Air Corps CASA aircraft.
    Aren't they blue? This one was white, with a horizontal bit at the top of the tail fin (pardon the lack of technical jargon on my part :eek:) . Doesn't correspond to pictures I can find of the Air Corps planes......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Someone out of Weston perhaps?

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Someone out of Weston perhaps?
    It was much bigger than the little things you'd normally see around there.

First time I saw it I thought it was a flight taking off or coming in to land on a very odd flight path, but then when I saw it again and again I realised it couldn't be. But it was of a size with say a Ryanair plane or similar, maybe a bit smaller but not a 1/2 person craft.

Can't remember if it had propellers or not, should have noticed that!

Gah, it's really bugging me now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement