Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Locker10a wrote: »
    Anyone know why there are so many delays at DUB this morning ?

Using runway 16 due to the winds. Has lower capacity than 10/28

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Ops have gone back to RWY10 now so hopefully some eventual relief to the delays during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Currently passing over Wexford inbound Shannon is C130J "HKY600" reg 04-3142

Learjet 45 on the way into Waterford. reg G-GMAA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

FR666 just flew over the house and the picture on the telly started jumping :eek:

Edit: turns out it was an issue with RTE and nothing to do with the plane :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

AFR852 a B777 squawking 7700 and is holding over Paris shortly after takeoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Was on the M18 last night near Shannon at 2010 and noted a plane on approach. A playback of FR24 reveals no planes in the area.

So what did I see? USAF? It was a jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Was on the M18 last night near Shannon at 2010 and noted a plane on approach. A playback of FR24 reveals no planes in the area.

So what did I see? USAF? It was a jet.

I'm afraid that without any sort of a reasonable description it's extremely difficult to say what it was. Its like me saying to you, "it was a train".

Aircraft of all descriptions both civilian and non-civilian, don't show up on FR24 for a whole host of reasons, the vast majority of which can be as simple as the tech not been turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

VQ-BSK 747 business jet out of Bournemouth currently overhead Wexford, looks like it might be inbound to Shannon

Edit: it's just commenced it's descent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ethiopian 787 stuck on the ground at DUB, has received damage due to ground equipment crashing into it. Leading edge and engine damage

• Advertisement

a N600AR touched down at Shannon around that time, Gulfstream IV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Currently sitting in Gran Canary waiting on my 20:20 flight to Dublin. Delayed until 21:20

Is this because of the 787 incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

The B787 is an Ethiopian aircraft. I don't think that will be flying Dublin-Gran Canary. What is your airline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Currently sitting in Gran Canary waiting on my 20:20 flight to Dublin. Delayed until 21:20

See any monarch planes, or united jumbos?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Are you flying Aer Lingus? I noticed that flight departed Dublin with a delay earlier by chance.

Dardania wrote: »

Why is there a united 747 destined for Birmingham in Las Palmas?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Dardania wrote: »

I think those UA B747s turned base to home base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Why is there a united 747 destined for Birmingham in Las Palmas?
    Officially it's a military charter but unofficially it's for something else, but the last thing you'd see me doing is speculating about airlines... :pac::pac::pac:

Plenty of Monarch arrived and departed.

No 747 as yet, would be amazing to see

Flying Aer Lingus

I know Ethiopian do not fly here but I'm wondering if the incident affected departing flights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Just the speculation from the other thread and on airliners.net about some 747s possibly being needed to repatriate some stranded individuals. Was just curious if there was any unusual activity down there, bearing out the rumours.

Or maybe the NATS track today was more favourable to the mid Atlantic instead, so that's why United are there - coming into winter a southern migration and all!

• Advertisement

I've no idea what's going on with the 747 conspiracy..however I most definitely do not see a 747 her

I do see the Spanish Air Force prepping their transport jet for takeoff

Three go arounds on RWY28 and a switch to RWY10 now due tailwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

billie1b wrote: »
    Ethiopian 787 stuck on the ground at DUB, has received damage due to ground equipment crashing into it. Leading edge and engine damage

I flew on that from LA to Dub on Monday. What time did it happen and how long was the delay to Addis?

RYR817 from EDI-DUB squawking 7700(EI-EPC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Ryanair FR817 approaching Dublin from Edinburgh is sqwaking the 7's off the coast of Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Did they say what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Dropped to 10,00ft so maybe pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Cityjet superjet hammering the circuit in SNN

Edit: climbing past FL90 now, heading north east,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Bsal wrote: »
    Did they say what the problem is?

Tried listening on live atc but there's too many frequencies so couldn't follow , apart from hearing "technical problem".

Their operational frequency was advising an inbound ryr crew that their outbound aircraft may change due to a technical issue with the aircraft they are due to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN2535/b25b48a

Aer Lingus EI-FNH taxiing in Tolouse.... The newest member of the fleet is on her way

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement