Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Mech1 wrote: »
    What C-17? Did I miss it?

Seems to have landed, showed up on the radar just north of Donegal. You will c the odd one show up on the radar now and again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

3 go arounds now at DUB and pleanty on the way into the hold, going to be busy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Any ideas what the Air Moldova seems to have done on landing on R16 just now? All aircraft entering holds and breaking off initial approaches.

1 go around. Air Moldova seems to have backtracked on landing on Runway 16 and become lost, a follow me dispatched and all arrivals sent into holds as the runway was blocked.

Impressive :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jack1985 wrote: »
    1 go around. Air Moldova seems to have backtracked on landing on Runway 16 and become lost, a follow me dispatched and all arrivals sent into holds as the runway was blocked.

Interesting :)

1 Go-Around and 2 aircraft breaking off the approach.

The ATC feed is much clearer now without ground and delivery IMO.

And well done Locker10a on managing tk post that 4 times :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Jack1985 wrote: »

Interesting :)

1 Go-Around and 2 aircraft breaking off the approach.

The ATC feed is much clearer now without ground and delivery IMO.

And well done Locker10a on managing tk post that 4 times :)

lol sorry! I'm not sure if it's my phone, my wifi or this website that caused it! (The multipost that is!!..)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Boeing 747-8ZV(BBJ) descending into Shannon now, any idea whos?

https://www.flightradar24.com/VQBSK/b46211c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Boeing 747-8ZV(BBJ) descending into Shannon now, any idea whos?

https://www.flightradar24.com/VQBSK/b46211c

Something to do with a relative of the Qatari Royal Family, if memory serves me correctly, a emplacement aircraft for the famous VP-BAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TheCockpitGuy

EI-FTB on the way from BFI to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Stobart ATR in the circuit at knock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

OodkpaJ.jpg

New Ryanair on the Long haul from Seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Sun Country Airlines on the way to Shannon from Gander. Any reason for this? https://www.flightradar24.com/SCX8911/b48fb46

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

colbarr wrote: »
    Sun Country Airlines on the way to Shannon from Gander. Any reason for this? https://www.flightradar24.com/SCX8911/b48fb46

She's leased from SMBC here in Ireland. Possibly the end of a lease agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

RA-82042, AN-124 just off the west coast on the way into Shannon now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Also turning finals for Shannon now is HZ-MF6. Saudi 737-900(BBJ)

EI437 gone around on RWY28 at Dublin, switching all ops to RWY10 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

colbarr wrote: »

Not that rare a visitor. Probably a military charter.
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8911

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

AN-124 to be airborne from SNN in the next 5mins heading east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

BZ wrote: »

just flew over my house. ****ing hell, we all ran outside to see what it was :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BZ wrote: »
    Any idea where it went?

I heard something unusual earlier, but assumed it was the mega roadworks going on nearby - would be interested to know if my instincts were right! (I'm south of the Liffey in Dublin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

399083.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Anyone know why all the runway 10 departures are taking an immediate left turn tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Poochie05

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Any idea where it went?

I heard something unusual earlier, but assumed it was the mega roadworks going on nearby - would be interested to know if my instincts were right! (I'm south of the Liffey in Dublin)

Probably not that plane as it flew over Wexford from Shannon

maximum12 wrote: »
    Anyone know why all the runway 10 departures are taking an immediate left turn tonight?

Due weather.

EI3729 MAN-ORK taking a fair detour all the way up towards Newry to avoid the Thunderstorms in the Irish sea

2sboqqt.png

FR842 gone around at KIR, I'd guess due to low cloud/vis. RWY08 is a VOR approach.

Update 18:08 landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IQO

This morning all landings and departures take place on the 10/28 runway in Dublin, all from east to west. Except just now; DL177 to Atlanta - this one departed from west to east. Quickly after that the runway changed again from east to west (not sure if those are the appropriate terms for this). What could have been the reason that DL177 departed in reverse direction, and different than all other arrivals/departures? Would they request this themselves?

As a result there are quite a few airplanes now holding before landing at DUB.

IQO wrote: »
    This morning all landings and departures take place on the 10/28 runway in Dublin, all from east to west. Except just now; DL177 to Atlanta - this one departed from west to east. Quickly after that the runway changed again from east to west (not sure if those are the appropriate terms for this). What could have been the reason that DL177 departed in reverse direction, and different than all other arrivals/departures? Would they request this themselves?

The wind (although negligible) has been changing direction all morning, op's were initially on R10 for the morning up to about 10am when all ops switched to R28. Not sure if they attempted to switch again after that.

IQO wrote: »

Departures took RWY10 early this morning (Heading East). Ops switched to RWY28 later due to a southwesterly wind, but wind has gone variable now. RWY28 is the preferred runway for operations, even with a slight tailwind. It's well possible that DL177 (DUB-ATL) could not take a departure with the tailwind due to the weight of fuel and baggage onboard, so they requested RWY10. Wind is currently calm, but is unpredictable and could turn any direction (albeit at a slow speed).

Currently due to weather aircraft are taking up non-standard holds, sound like but of a headache for ATC.

• Advertisement

Omni Air International turning for the approach at SNN, departed over 4 hours ago, made it as far as Venice, and turned around back to SNN.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement