Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

davo2001 wrote: »
    Callsign FR8 after his jersey number.

Went out as FR1973 from SNN earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Primera Air Nordic flight PRW104 from TFS-KEF has diverted to Manchester after turning a few hundred miles off the Mayo coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

billie1b wrote: »
    Rugby legend Anthony Foley on his last flight home

RIP

E4413773-614B-4BE5-A24B-E58AB6C029D3_zps7hxlfvfm.png

Very decent of Ryanair to offer the jet to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Theres too much Ryanair bashing in this world but it was very good of them. And a huge fuss hasn't been made of it which means it was genuine, and not a thinly veiled advert or a promotion. Good on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Theres too much Ryanair bashing in this world but it was very good of them. And a huge fuss hasn't been made of it which means it was genuine, and not a thinly veiled advert or a promotion. Good on them.

Its not the first time they have done things like this, they just never publicise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

EI have done the same with the repatriation of Karen Buckley from Glasgow and the unfortunate Berkeley kids from the US. It would be pretty piss poor form for any Airline to use these tragic events for their own publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You say that, but there's a reason they do it for Karen Buckley, Berkeley Kids and Axel. They know full well word will get out and they'll get the kudos. The Kevin Mallon Repatriation Trust does the work (and pays the cash) when it's not a famous death.

Obviously it's better than charging the famous families for it, but lets not fool ourselves, they ain't doing it quietly

You say that but it was Stobart who were requested to hire the EI 320 from Glasgow. No mention of it in any press release!

They also delayed a KIR DUB flight to get a transplant organ to a hospital in Dublin when the weather was too bad for the Air Corps to fly. The only reason the papers knew about it was because the surgeon sent an open letter thanking the company to Head office and a few papers.

So let's drop the begrudgery , the airlines livery is on the side and that's what shows up in pictures. I'm not cynical enough to believe that any airline is doing it for kudos.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Same with the repatriation of James Nolan from Poland, Ryanair flew the family over to collect him and brought them all home, free of charge, o mention in the media. Thats just one example I can tell you of. I have also delayed flights in DUB to await transport of organs when the Air Corps couldn't fly. Its what airlines do in these situations when they have the means available to them.
    People automatically assume they do it for publicity, when in most cases they try their best to keep it from the media.

As I said, any good act is welcome, but anyone got any stories of an airline doing it for someone not-famous?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Shedite27 wrote: »
    As I said, any good act is welcome, but anyone got any stories of an airline doing it for someone not-famous?

Unfortunately that's true. If its anybody that's not known they will have to pay for it. The Irish Embassy will have pulled out all the stops here too. Not something they are likely to extend to a randomer.

anyone got any stories of an airline doing it for someone not-famous?

A very paradoxical question........

I've only ever carried HUM once, it was on an IOM to LPL. All the child's medical paperwork accompanied the NOTOC. The parents weren't travelling so I don't know what the arrangements were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

LITERALLY the post above yours. James Nolan wouldn't have been regarded as anyone famous.

LITERALLY the post above yours. James Nolan wouldn't have been regarded as anyone famous.
    ah you know what i mean. Someone who's death wasn't on the front page of every paper in the country.

Anyway, not trying to make a deal bout it, I'm not an airline-basher, fair play Ryanair.

Lets's watch some planes!

Thompson 767, G-DAJC just flew over Castlebar at around 5,000ft on a test flight out of Manchester. currently over Clew bay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

Rossiya A319 in FC Zenit St. Petersburg livery arriving into Dublin:

FV5831 from St. Petersburg http://fr24.com/SDM5831/b5ea652

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who's arriving into Shannon from Dubai?

I'm guessing it's for the funeral tomorrow.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I see EI are doing a KEF charter, I've seen it's twice now in recent days, does anyone know how often this flight goes and how it's sold? I assume it's a charter as EI don't sell flights to KEF, who are they operating for ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Seen it last year, then it was Tuesday and Thursday. No idea which holiday company offers the package.

Flybe flight BE1356 from LCY-BHD currently squawking 7700 over the Isle of Man. G-JECF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Tenger wrote: »
    Seen it last year, then it was Tuesday and Thursday. No idea which holiday company offers the package.
    In previous years it's been thetraveldepartment.ie doing it if I'm not mistaken, it seems they do it quite a lot over mid term... Has it really been a year since all that fuss about Icelandair's special livery aircraft not coming to Dublin, despite it being timetabled? It feels like yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭VG31

What company charter the Icelandair flights? Travel Department show Wow Air and Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

VG31 wrote: »
    What company charter the Icelandair flights? Travel Department show Wow Air and Aer Lingus.

Think its inbound charter for shopping coming up to Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    VG31 wrote: »

Think its inbound charter for shopping coming up to Christmas.

Wow !! If that's true, well, I just find that amusing for some reason.
    Foreigners now come to Ireland, on Christmas shopping trips, I suppose Iceland is expensive... and it wouldnt have the retail and shopping that Dublin has so makes sense. Interesting trend!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Locker10a wrote: »
    Wow !! If that's true, well, I just find that amusing for some reason.
    Foreigners now come to Ireland, on Christmas shopping trips, I suppose Iceland is expensive... and it wouldnt have the retail and shopping that Dublin has so makes sense. Interesting trend!
    Icelanders have been coming to Ireland for Christmas shopping for years and years!

I remember gangs of them staying in a hotel local to us, must be over 15 years ago and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,192 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

No chemicals confirmed.

All flights diverted away from LCY earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

An antonov 26 (Rose Air) on approach to Dublin now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,192 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

RWY07 in use for landing Stobarts at Cork, first time I've actually ever seen aircraft landing on that Runway on Flightradar. No approach lights for it. Is it a visual approach?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement