Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Don't know a lot about this but just asking.
    Did he declare an emergency as the article states? And would that not have been signified with a Squawk of some sort? Thanks

Didn't hear the whole incident but on switching frequencies to Tower, the pilot began his checkin with "United 76 — your emergency aircraft — with you..." which would imply they had declared previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,252 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Didn't hear the whole incident but on switching frequencies to Tower, the pilot began his checkin with "United 76 — your emergency aircraft — with you..." which would imply they had declared previously.

Cheers for that.
    And just for my info, would that not show as a squawk * something?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Cheers for that.
    And just for my info, would that not show as a squawk * something?

I have no training in this so I'm totally open to correction, but my understanding is that 7700 is recognised as an emergency squawk code. Pilots can set this squawk to notify ATC of an emergency without speaking on the radio, but they're not necessarily required to do so. Having declared the emergency by voice, ATC will pass on that information to other relevant controllers (or maybe they can tag the aircraft as an emergency in their systems to have it be passed on automatically).

Again, this is an outsider's understanding and I have no particular training in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Poor weather and likely windshear on RWY21 at ACE (Lanzarote) causing plenty of go-arounds and diversions (10+), nothing landed in over an hour.

Among the diversions is FR9943 ORK-ACE to LPA (Las Palmas), and now in the hold is EI876 ORK-ACE and EI778 DUB-ACE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wind is it?

• Advertisement

Wind is it?

Wind is only 14-17kts, but its from the south, which necessitates the use of RWY21 (Over mountainous land), which I've heard (on here I think) that windshear and unstable winds are common on that approach.

Rain and drizzle all day there apparently.

First aircraft landed in 1hr 26minutes!

FR4755 from Bristol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Poor weather and likely windshear on RWY21 at ACE (Lanzarote) causing plenty of go-arounds and diversions (10+), nothing landed in over an hour.

Among the diversions is FR9943 ORK-ACE to LPA (Las Palmas), and now in the hold is EI876 ORK-ACE and EI778 DUB-ACE
    Lot of Las Palmas - Lanzarote flights in the air right now. Obviously diverted there earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

Same story in Lanzorte today. A few attempted approach's but gone around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

faoiarvok wrote: »
    I have no training in this so I'm totally open to correction, but my understanding is that 7700 is recognised as an emergency squawk code. Pilots can set this squawk to notify ATC of an emergency without speaking on the radio, but they're not necessarily required to do so. Having declared the emergency by voice, ATC will pass on that information to other relevant controllers (or maybe they can tag the aircraft as an emergency in their systems to have it be passed on automatically).

Again, this is an outsider's understanding and I have no particular training in this area.

My flight instructor thought me the below to remember the codes

7500 'takin alive' - Hijack
    7600 'In a fix' - Lost Comms
    7700 'Gone to heaven' -Emergency

Obviously depending on the situation a pilot will squak then contact ATC once the situation is in hand......or not

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

3 Challengers on FR parked on the private at Dublin......afaik they are white and blue, presumably they are belonging to a company?

I'll try get pics later when im up there

Where would the alternates be if the Canary Islands were out of bounds?

All airports? I don't know, I think they go with the assumption that there will always be an airport available, providing the forecasts are okay. Only the RWY21 approach at ACE seems to he having problems, all other airports coping fine.

RWY16 in use at DUB. Anyone know why? Wind at 230 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Bsal

Carnacalla wrote: »
    RWY16 in use at DUB. Anyone know why? Wind at 230 degrees.

NOTAM says 10/28 closed 1400z-1500z probably for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

This post has been deleted.

Morocco generally or Faro, Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭frankiebaby

Flightradar24 now has a multi select view - very handy!

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/status/791111574094286849

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

https://www.flightradar24.com/2016-10-27/14:15/12x/52.84,-8.69/8
    EuroAtlantic 767 after landing in Shannon, end of lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

CVK7087 an antonov 12 approaching the south coast looks like it might be heading for shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

USAF C-130H 74-1679 heading eastbound will pass over Dublin c. 20:00 at just FL220. Good noise I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    CVK7087 an antonov 12 approaching the south coast looks like it might be heading for shannon.

http://fr24.com/CVK7087/b701e65

Just flew over my house at about 6500 feet. Noisy yoke :cool:

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

400230.jpg
    another loud one

h3000 wrote: »
    http://fr24.com/CVK7087/b701e65

Just flew over my house at about 6500 feet. Noisy yoke :cool:

Good god, off from Shannon again, flew over at 7,000ft and had the windows vibrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

747-800,VP-BBL on the way into Shannon now. brand new. Air Bridge cargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

747-800,VP-BBL on the way into Shannon now. brand new. Air Bridge cargo.

VQ-BLR 747-8 Air Bridge Cargo also landing in DUB around 9pm this evening

VP-BBL 747-800 with livestock on the ground now, 747 due for takeoff next too at Shannon.

VQ-BLR now inbound SNN, making for the 3rd 747 in 24 hours, as well as an A380 and 2 777's and an Omni 767 inbound a Shannon now from El Paso.

Also just informed N795CK inbound Shannon aswell! 4th 747 in less than 24 hours!

Shannon or Heathrow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,972 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Is this unusual, or is it a blip on the info from FlightRadar?

https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR96/b756723

Edit, sorry it will be gone, haven't time to do a screenshot etc. But it was a flight going out, that seemed to be going back!

Flightradar blips but not that much!

Returning to Dublin it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

I'm guessing that's a post-maintenance test flight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement