Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do people want to put in their shopping baskets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Iced coffee (for my team mates not me ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

sconhome wrote: »
    Actually... seeing loads of these bounce and nakd bars all over the place. Every shop and forecourt seems to have them along with protein and energy bars.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of stop offs for cyclists or our nations drivers are "eating healthy" by chomping on protein bars instead of mars bars.

Don't forget the body conscious young lads who can't go 30 minutes without consuming 20 grams of protein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

hardCopy wrote: »
    Don't forget the body conscious young lads who can't go 30 minutes without consuming 20 grams of protein.

...... and chocolate milk. You're not hip if you're not supping on a bottle of chocolate milk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Neady83 wrote: »
    ...... and chocolate milk. You're not hip if you're not supping on a bottle of chocolate milk ;)

Unless its fresh and 4 days old! :eek:

We got delicious fresh chocolate milk from a local farm in our race packs for the Euro AR champs. I drank mine down in one go. Delicious. One of my teamies is allergic to chocolate (of all the allergies out there this one would suck ass) and gave me his. I put it in my post race bag. 72 hours+ racing later, sleep deprived, found it and gulped it back in one go. Gone off! Puked right back up (sorry not a great image for a healthy snack thread). Couldn't even look at a chocolate Yazoo for ages.

Having said that, Chocolate milky things are awesome. I mix my High5 chocolate protein recovery with coconut milk and its a treat after a hard session.

For Goodness Shakes Chocolate recovery shakes were the single best thing I had in my transition bag for that race. Freebies thanks to a teamie but bloody expensive in their own right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I have a source of FGS lined up for 2016 ;)

#TriHarderAR rewards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Who wants healthy nut butters?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Plenty of choice out there already (Meridan/Keen). Can you make them cheaper without adding **** to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

ray o wrote: »
    Plenty of choice out there already (Meridan/Keen). Can you make them cheaper without adding **** to them?

Yes and yes. They also perform better in taste tests.

Yes and yes. They also perform better in taste tests.

Love nut butters, I type this as I nobble a corn cake covered in almond butter and agave nectar. I've only tried Meridian though and the price is rising by the month so a cheaper equally as tasty alternative would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Neady83 wrote: »
    Love nut butters, I type this as I nobble a corn cake covered in almond butter and agave nectar. I've only tried Meridian though and the price is rising by the month so a cheaper equally as tasty alternative would be great.

I'm a big P&J fan

Peanut Butter & Co crunchy original. Just the nuts and natural oils. You have to mix it up. It's a shop in new York but I order a dozen jars at a time from amazon. Better than meridian, whole earth etc..

A small spoon of it in your porridge with some banana and honey is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Hell yes, I love my nut butters. Do you guys already have a range?

I'm a big P&J fan

Peanut Butter & Co crunchy original. Just the nuts and natural oils. You have to mix it up. It's a shop in new York but I order a dozen jars at a time from amazon. Better than meridian, whole earth etc..

A small spoon of it in your porridge with some banana and honey is awesome

Sounds good, thanks Mike..... will have to order me some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

I'm always robbing these off the kids. Tasty little buggers.

https://www.organix.com/our-baby-toddler-foods/carrot-cake-soft-oaty-bars

Advertisement