Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Was at the West Cork rally yesterday and saw CianDon's 106 at a stage, it's even cooler in real life :cool:

image.jpg

image.jpg

A Delta:

image.jpg

And a ps13(?) next to my own 106.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Looks like I wasn't the only one to spot the 106 :)

144.jpg

611.jpg

725.jpg
    811.jpg
    850.jpg
    916.jpg
    928.jpg
    934.jpg
    938.jpg
    947.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

New Mk7.5 Golf R.. First one in the country

1_C8601_CD_E2_E1_4874_9_BF0_DA73_E2_E39_FEF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Are we sure it's the first in the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Whats the difference?

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/2017-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-old-vs-new-compared

Not much it seems.
    Surprised no leather or heated seats though.

Are we sure it's the first in the country?

Not according the car zone it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Whats the difference?

Completely touch head unit and LCD display on the interior and subtle changes to the light clusters and bumpers.
    bear1 wrote: »

I've been in a couple already. None registered though.

VWGI plate surrounds though so certainly one of the first.

Theres only 1 other one on carzone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The R Line really cheapens the proper Golf R. Hard to tell the difference anymore.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

el diablo wrote: »
    The R Line really cheapens the proper Golf R. Hard to tell the difference anymore.

Quad exhausts is quite a give-away :P

el diablo wrote: »

It's quite understated.. which I like.

Still manages to turn a lot of heads though... maybe its the sound :)

Whats the difference?
    https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/2017-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-old-vs-new-compared

Not much it seems.
    Surprised no leather or heated seats though.

Depends what you consider "much" but In my opinion the power boost alone not to mention the LED Headlights, Sweeping Indicators and Virtual Cockpit are substantial enough "differences" for what is essentially a "facelift"

ION08 wrote: »
    Depends what you consider "much" but In my opinion the power boost alone not to mention the LED Headlights, Sweeping Indicators and Virtual Cockpit are substantial enough "differences" for what is essentially a "facelift"

I suspect you think we are having a go at your car.
    It's a lovely looking machine and I'm proper jealous.
    It's just hard to spot the differences between this version and the last.
    I mentioned car zone in the sense that it isn't the only one in Ireland.
    How's the speed on it? I imagine it's a serious punch when you floor it.

I suspect you think we are having a go at your car.
    It's a lovely looking machine and I'm proper jealous.
    It's just hard to spot the differences between this version and the last.
    I mentioned car zone in the sense that it isn't the only one in Ireland.
    How's the speed on it? I imagine it's a serious punch when you floor it.

I wish you were right but its a Volkswagen Ireland car which a family member was kind enough to let me go for a spin in.

It does pack a punch and it's very quick off the line, especially with the DSG.

It's a smart car overall and I was very impressed with it. I wasn't being defensive about it or anything, I was merely arguing it's merits for what I think is quite a substantial upgrade interms of a "facelift"

Oh, and I sad it was the first one in the country, not the only one in the country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I wish you were right but its a Volkswagen Ireland car which a family member was kind enough to let me go for a spin in.

It does pack a punch and it's very quick off the line, especially with the DSG.

It's a smart car overall and I was very impressed with it. I wasn't being defensive about it or anything, I was merely arguing it's merits for what I think is quite a substantial upgrade interms of a "facelift"

Oh, and I sad it was the first one in the country, not the only one in the country ;)

It's a fairly mild facelift really... only the true Golf anorak like myself would spot the difference ;)
    the most interesting thing I'd like to try (to compare with my own) is the 7 speed DSG. I do find that my car could do with an extra cog when motorway cruising... it revs at over 3k at 130kph (ish). Should help the economy a tad too.

I'm a bit on the fence about the digital dash. In some pics/vids I've seen it looks great but in others not so great. Especially when the engine's off and it's just a blank screen... it's like the clocks have gone missing...

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Especially when the engine's off and it's just a blank screen... it's like the clocks have gone missing...

Exactly, that's what makes it so cool IMO :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

It's quite understated.. which I like.

Still manages to turn a lot of heads though... maybe its the sound :)

Mark Levinson?

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Mark Levinson?

No, Bang & Olufsen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

No, Bang & Olufsen :D

Sorry, I can only seem to Focus on Mark Levinson...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That's what happens when you're only approaching the issue from behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Looks like I wasn't the only one to spot the 106 :)

Felt like one of the celeb people when you can't have a sneaky bag of chips in the car without the paparazzi taking photo's. I do feel the thumbs up kept the fans happy hahahaha Christ ye should have said hello. I don't bite that often!! That first pic is below in Ring village. I was down taking photo's about 1km beyond the village so that was the closest parking. The 106 was then in full star trek spec for the rest of the weekend doing stage timing Saturday evening and Sunday so had at any one time about 4 or 5 different systems hooked up and wires running everywhere. Its absolutely caked in mud, the mats are filthy and there's route maps and stage sheets strewn everywhere, so it rightly needs a good clean tomorrow.

32741191253_e819c6cf89_c.jpg

33514822966_0d54f0433a_c.jpg

33426880781_76be4d6d76_c.jpg

33426879351_e5895aafef_c.jpg

33555501705_b0692b1871_c.jpg

33555499665_059f9a50f6_c.jpg

33172215600_8ed6df6c5d_c.jpg33398932612_cf2c48d6d6_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lovely pics, where was the rally?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lovely pics, where was the rally?

Clonakilty, West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Clonakilty, West Cork

Mind me asking who won it? Some familiar looking cars there..

166man wrote: »
    Mind me asking who won it? Some familiar looking cars there..

Donagh Kelly in the Focus wrc, he was going very well. Barrable in the i20 was coming 3rd but he retired a few stages before the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Donagh Kelly in the Focus wrc, he was going very well. Barrable in the i20 was coming 3rd but he retired a few stages before the finish

Ah right, sorry I guess I could have googled it. I see the Monaghan brothers were in attendance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

CianDon wrote: »
    Felt like one of the celeb people when you can't have a sneaky bag of chips in the car without the paparazzi taking photo's. I do feel the thumbs up kept the fans happy hahahaha Christ ye should have said hello. I don't bite that often!! That first pic is below in Ring village. I was down taking photo's about 1km beyond the village so that was the closest parking. The 106 was then in full star trek spec for the rest of the weekend doing stage timing Saturday evening and Sunday so had at any one time about 4 or 5 different systems hooked up and wires running everywhere. Its absolutely caked in mud, the mats are filthy and there's route maps and stage sheets strewn everywhere, so it rightly needs a good clean tomorrow.

Ya I would have done if you were sitting on the other side, was convinced the fella inside the car was a passenger who mightn't know what in the feck this "boards" thing is

Some amount of chungwans in clon that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Spotted this lovely Alfa in Berlin at the weekend.

412393.jpg

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    Ah right, sorry I guess I could have googled it. I see the Monaghan brothers were in attendance :)

Yeah Josh finished ahead of Sam in the end :) Sam must have lost time somewhere because I'm sure he was coming 2nd overall most of the way through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement