Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Location and premises look terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Base of model s here is 85k and model x is 110k. How the government have the neck to charge emissions tax (vrt) and road tax on a Zero emissions vehicle is beyond me :confused: I only know of a handful of model s here, most recent one arriving today.

It's not an emission tax though, it's a car buying tax. Though I wouldn't mind to see it gone either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

It's not an emission tax though, it's a car buying tax. Though I wouldn't mind to see it gone either

The percentage paid is derived from the amount of C02 a car produces, so in sense its an emissions tax. Though in a sense its also a car buying tax, as even low emissions vehicles still pay 14% of the omsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

goochy wrote: »

Location is excellent. Right in the middle of a business park where a lot of the potential customers are. You don't need a flashy glass palace to sell cars that people want. There isn't really a competitor to Tesla at the moment; either you are prepared to go full electric or you aren't.

If a few people in that area buy one, then others will see them, it'll break the fear or taboo of buying one and that'll help sales along.

They'll keep their cost base low for the first few years with that place and if things go well they'll expand.

Premises don't look the best from the outside but there's only one or two places of it's size available in Sandyford at the moment, so they were limited by choice.

Right decision IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Plus if they've gotten this far they obviously know there is ample interest in the cars here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Red Kev wrote: »
    Location is excellent. Right in the middle of a business park where a lot of the potential customers are. You don't need a flashy glass palace to sell cars that people want. There isn't really a competitor to Tesla at the moment; either you are prepared to go full electric or you aren't.

If a few people in that area buy one, then others will see them, it'll break the fear or taboo of buying one and that'll help sales along.

They'll keep their cost base low for the first few years with that place and if things go well they'll expand.

Premises don't look the best from the outside but there's only one or two places of it's size available in Sandyford at the moment, so they were limited by choice.

Right decision IMO.

I find it very difficult to believe the distributor wouldn't insist on a much higher spec and well presented premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

What distributor? Tesla sell direct. This particular premises is what Tesla call a Service+ location. It's primarily a service center with a bit tacked on for people who ordered online to collect their car.

Usually Tesla open a fancy gallery in a city center location like Grafton Street / Dundrum Shopping Centre but this again is not a traditional dealership. It's more a location to educate potential customers on EVs. Staff are on fixed salaries and are there to educate rather than sell cars... the cars... they sell themselves.

Tesla don't even advertise. The marketing budget in the US is equivalent to $6 per sale (by contrast Lexus spent almost $700 per sale and Jaguar more than $3000)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

What? In the heart of affulent south county dublin, next to the M50, next to two dozen other larger car dealerships? Next to 25,000 workers in the tech and banking industry, and if not where they work next to where they live. The number of cranes on the sandyford skyline and the cherrywood development would suggest your talking out of your hat.

What are you talking about :rolleyes:

ok lets just say if they were able to take over the under utilised Spirit premium premises / site that would be a great location and premises. The place they are is not where the other dealers are and with good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The place they are is not where the other dealers are and with good reason.

It's located directly across the road from the Audi service centre and the new Audi South Dublin showroom and within a 1km radius of Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Ford, Mazda, etc. :confused:

What "good reason" are you on about? Elaborate on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What "good reason" are you on about? Elaborate on that.

Coz it's not a car dealer, it's a church! The church of Elon! :pac:

Coz it's not a car dealer, it's a church! The church of Elon! :pac:

Shouldn't a church get a better tax exemption? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

ok lets just say if they were able to take over the under utilised Spirit premium premises / site that would be a great location and premises. The place they are is not where the other dealers are and with good reason.

That location you admire is 2 mintues walk from the one they are in....whats on earth are you on about. The other dealers are all scattered around the estate within a 700 meter radius.

I suggest that TESLA will have the place looking all fancy when they are done, however I dont buy cars based on the fanciness of the dealership...I will leave that to others...maybe they should move into the top floor of the nespresso store on grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

32824502953_a80bdd1c5e_z.jpg
    They told me that this is one of 5 in the world and worth $3.5 million.....

Is that not the Aston saloon that was launched in middle east first and then sold in rest of Europe ? thought they were £500K stg. which is even too much when you can get a Phantom or Maybach S600 for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Is that not the Aston saloon that was launched in middle east first and then sold in rest of Europe ? thought they were £500K stg. which is even too much when you can get a Phantom or Maybach S600 for less.

It's not the Aston saloon, no. The Aston saloon is called the Rapide.

The pic above is the Lagonda, a limited edition.

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/cars/lagonda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

smurfjed wrote: »
    32824502953_a80bdd1c5e_z.jpg
    They told me that this is one of 5 in the world and worth $3.5 million.....

€2350 tax a year on that! No way would I buy that...bloody gubbernmint...rabble, rabble, rabble,..

There's one for sale here for €880,000.

Very very beautiful car, probably the one I'd get if I won the Euromillions if I needed to take more than 1 other person.

The rapide is only about 150K STG.
    The lagonda was supposed to be launched in uk at 685k but don't think it ever happened

The rapide is being replaced by the electric rapidE next year (all combustion engined variants are being dropped) with plug-in hybrid and petrol variants of the DBX and a new mass-production Lagonda sports sedan being added in 2019 and 2020 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Bushmills

IMG_1362_zpsbzclnsoq.jpg IMG_1368_zpsrkazqujv.jpg IMG_1364_zpsb6giocuz.jpg IMG_1367_zps9mwacehv.jpg

On M1 heading towards Dublin few cars passed me.

Porsche GT3 RS, BMW i8, Lamborghini Aventador SV, 2x Mclaren 650s, Audi R8.

Audi and Porsche on Irish plates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I met a 2 dr Jag XF? coming against me on the road this morning. Reg J4GUA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Greg81 wrote: »

On M1 heading towards Dublin few cars passed me.

Porsche GT3 RS, BMW i8, Lamborghini Aventador SV, 2x Mclaren 650s, Audi R8.

Audi and Porsche on Irish plates.

The Porsche, Aventador, Mclaren`s and Audi where all on the recent Cannonball loins trip to Scotland I think

you shouldn't be on boards motors if you think theres a 2 door XF !! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm not that well up on the newer ones. Note the ? after XF.

Looking at google images I'm guessing it was an F Type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

sligojoek wrote: »
    I met a 2 dr Jag XF? coming against me on the road this morning. Reg J4GUA.

It was a Jaguar XK

No bother only joking , prefer the XK to F type. The Xf looks quite fat so don't think coupe would look well.

saw a 171 C new model A5 Coupe last night , not a fan of audis but nice details . The A3 , A4 , Q7 , just the A6 and A8 models to sort out now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

No bother only joking , prefer the XK to F type. The Xf looks quite fat so don't think coupe would look well.

saw a 171 C new model A5 Coupe last night , not a fan of audis but nice details . The A3 , A4 , Q7 , just the A6 and A8 models to sort out now .

What?? The F Type is sex on wheels.

jag-coupe-fd-078_0.jpg?itok=oYAHs93b

FTYPE_17MY_FTYPE_RAWD_COUPE_KEEPME_desktop_1366x770_tcm102-206159_desktop_1366x770.jpg?v=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shane732 wrote: »
    What?? The F Type is sex on wheels

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If it has legs they'd be daaaayyyuummmmm sexy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

'08 911 Turbo (997) in Bray earlier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement