Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I thought his was XX D 1000?

Afaik the mayor gets xx-d-1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I thought his was XX D 1000?

Lord Mayor got 88-d-1000 in 1988 for the millennium but otherwise its xx-d-1

Though in 95(?) the incumbent had a Mk3 Golf that ran on veg oil and had a standard plate. I'll have to dig out my thing on that to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I thought the major of Dublin was fond of Jags?

Lord Mayor got 88-d-1000 in 1988 for the millennium but otherwise its xx-d-1

Though in 95(?) the incumbent had a Mk3 Golf that ran on veg oil and had a standard plate. I'll have to dig out my thing on that to confirm

Sorry about the shoddy scan!

33446486414_ed1407706a_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

goochy wrote: »
    if hes doing 30k a year , he will 60/90k up in year or two . That type of mileage isn't desirable on a coupe. Obviously don't know much about the used car market,

between 60 and 90k kms on a 3 year old daily is quite usual. High mileage coupes are being sold all the time with quite good market value too, especially the more prestige brands such as MB and Audi, quite a bit of demand for them. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

Hello it's petrol and not german

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

And speaking of mustangs, Thomas st today;

A nice new volvo with unique reg;

They're all unique ;)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

What would you suggest he does then. Sell it and do what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

vintagevrs wrote: »
    What would you suggest he does then. Sell it and do what?

Get a 2.0 diesel A5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

All the irish spec mustangs with the chrome window surround option look too elegant to my eye. Those multispoke wheels dont suit it either. It looks soo much better and more aggressive without chrome and the other style of alloys

ie

2015-Mustang-GT-Performance-Pack-20-Wheels.jpeg

• Advertisement

No just a 172 mustang

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Ireland's first Tesla supercharger opened today.

8-bay supercharger at Topaz Manor Stone services Ballacolla, Laois.
    Couple of Model S and X showed up throughout the day.
    Topaz Birdhill, Tipperary supercharger is under construction, and Enfield supercharger planning application should be in by the 1st of May.
    Click for full res.

20170426_160423.jpg 20170426_160442.jpg

How many Teslas have been registered in Laois and Tipperary?

Why haven't they put any in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

No just a 172 mustang

Good thinking, smart way to save money before the millage gets high. Buy a new one every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

How many Teslas have been registered in Laois and Tipperary?

Why haven't they put any in Dublin?

Because apart from serving renters or those without their own parking they serve less purpose in cities.

Rapid chargers belong on motorways first and foremost. These are not petrol stations, their use case for most owners is different.
    Your EV has full battery every morning like your smartphone and in a Tesla 100kWh that means 450-550km of real world range (632km NEDC-rated). You will not even be thinking of charging until you've done 350-400km in one day.

The only time you need charging away from home is when you exceed your car's range in a day... i.e. you are on a road trip. The midpoint between two cities being the ideal.
    The average EV owner actually spends less time at rapid chargers on an annual basis than the average combustion car owner spends at petrol stations AND does more mileage (I do 60,000km/year myself on just my primary EV).
    90-95% of charging takes place at home while you're sleeping, simply give the car a departure time or access to your google calendar and it will handle charging and pre-heat/cool the cabin for you (Tesla's summon feature will even drive the car out of your garage at an appropriate time to meet you at the front door (opening and closing garage doors through homelink as it goes...though it can't disconnect itself from the charging cable yet)).

Rapid chargers in cities will eventually be required for people with on street parking and renters but 98%+ of current EV drivers have home charging because the average EV range is ~200km and not suitable for that kind of owner yet (most models due in the next 12-18 months will double that range... then we can start talking about city rapid chargers).

Anyone spending €80k+ on a Tesla is either paying the €500 for a home chargepoint or has enough pull to get one installed in shared environments.
    And for the few without, ESB has 1400 22kW posts and 107 50kW rapid chargers.

Ballacolla is ideal... it's where most Cork Model S owners were stopping on the way back from Dublin anyway and vice versa (having done the 350-400km since leaving home)... cause there's an ESB Rapid charger on-site as well.
    It's also in the right spot for those in Belfast with the smaller 75kWh battery to do their only stop on the way to Cork (The 100kWh packs can do Belfast to Cork on one charge).
    And for Cork-bound cars from the UK it's the right distance for cars that last stopped at the North Wales or Chester superchargers.

The trip cadence is 350-400km - stop for a 20-30 minute break for a meal or whatever and charge - 350-400km - charge and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Two excellent reasons to own one..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

ION08 wrote: »
    All the irish spec mustangs with the chrome window surround option look too elegant to my eye. Those multispoke wheels dont suit it either. It looks soo much better and more aggressive without chrome and the other style of alloys

ie

2015-Mustang-GT-Performance-Pack-20-Wheels.jpeg

I 100% agree. The alloys on the one above look so much better. I think the standard multispoke wheels let the car down quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think the standards fit in with the car being chunky looking and having a bit of presence, but they look heavy to me and the ones shown above there are miles better. Did Ford Ireland offer any alloy options when ordering though? I've not seen any Mustangs here without the standard wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The ones above look heavy too. Are they 20" I wonder?

What I meant was that the originals are so busy and have so many spokes/angles that they just look heavy/busy and that's just not a style I personally like, but that's a horses for courses type of thing I know.

They do both look actually heavy though, for sure!

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah as per usual the Irish spec list is bloody woeful.

I just configured one, the wheels that seem to be on the configurator now as standard are different and look a bit nicer. But they have the other original ones as one of the "extras" in a Nickel finish/colour and that's it. Very odd indeed.

I can only imagine some of the other options must have pushed it into a different tax bracket and Ford Ireland wanted to avoid that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah as per usual the Irish spec list is bloody woeful. At launch your options were pretty much V8 or Ecoboost, and what colour. I think there's slightly more option in the interior spec now, and the standard model has different alloys which are even worse to my eye. The standards are 19", the multispoke you see on most are 20".

ford-mustang-ecoboost-2-3-314ps-2dr-automatic-cruise-control-speed-limiter-custom-pack-black-19-inch-alloys-black-188690686-10.jpg

Even though these are smaller, they still look better than the mutlispoke design!

These 19''s in black on a dark grey car without chrome would look pretty good id say.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Obviously don't know much about the used car market,

All credit to you for putting your hands up and acknowledging this

I do actually , a petrol coupe which has done say 90 k km in 3 years would not be an easy sell. Ask any used car dealer - of which I know many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I do actually , a petrol coupe which has done say 90 k km in 3 years would not be an easy sell. Ask any used car dealer - of which I know many.

I wouldn't ask a used car dealer the time for fear of a wrong answer.

Seriously though, what are you on about? No one was talking about resale values until you told the man to go and sell his pride and joy...

Try digging up, it usually works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Fcuk me are we still on about the mustang??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Quays this evening;

20170427_192147.jpgprint screencertificity.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I noticed Bono driving a brand new Maserati in town the other night.

This was in Supervalu in Raheny today. That carpark has the 2nd worst shower of bad parkers in Ireland. No.1 is Midway outside Portlaoise.

34162636442_d7bacbb95a_z.jpg

Nice wheels and decent respray job. I noticed a fire extinguisher under the passenger seat- what's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

The Maserati resides in Navan (if that's not it, it's one horrid like it!) and I'm just after seeing that Merc 15 minutes ago in Coolock, not quick enough with my whip out game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

The Maserati resides in Navan (if that's not it, it's one horrid like it!) and I'm just after seeing that Merc 15 minutes ago in Coolock, not quick enough with my whip out game...

The trick is to leave your zip down at all times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement