Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Their cyber showroom harford.ie is abyssmal with no cars listed and only information is that Mr Harford worked for Joe Duffy group

Also, the perspective customers would probably be viewing the car at a country estate rather than on a petrol station station forecourt in North Dublin

All the cars are in car gallery on the website. The owner of harfords used to sell some of the highest end cars to have ever been sold here with Richford motors during the boom. If I ever had the cash for something on the high end I`d be going to them without a minutes hesitation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Dia1988 wrote: »
    The Mulsanne has only done 49000 miles.

Maybe it's the 195000 euro price tag that's holding it back?

http://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/bentley/mulsanne/200914489020341550

I was interested until I saw the ad was composed in caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

Isn't his former partner now out of car trade and working in wright venue?
    It's a pity they opened richford so late in Celtic tiger years recession arrived a few years later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

goochy wrote: »
    Isn't his former partner now out of car trade and working in wright venue?
    It's a pity they opened richford so late in Celtic tiger years recession arrived a few years later

As far as I was aware him and his family are involved in the haulage industry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

As far as I was aware him and his family are involved in the haulage industry

Yes, Blackhorse Transport Services Limited

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Director/Molloy/Garrett/1436243991/

• Advertisement

Molloy and sherry

Molloy and sherry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

IMG_20170502_180317_zpsqlufgjzh.jpg

Nice to see one out in the wild !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

IMG_20170426_165554_zps7ki3jruy.jpg

IMG_20170426_154155_zps3y5dzozx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

homer90 wrote: »
    IMG_20170502_180317_zpsqlufgjzh.jpg

Nice to see one out in the wild !

A diesel Alfa, amazing

• Advertisement

Those teslas aren't in sandyford are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Those teslas aren't in sandyford are they ?

Yeah they're in that location you said was terrible but could never give any explanation as to why you feel that way - don't suppose you feel like elaborating on this now?
    The place they are is not where the other dealers are and with good reason.

have seen the location - I agree its not terrible - its just that theres no chance of passing trade there - unlike where Volvo , Skoda , Ford etc. are .
    Tesla are in shopping centres and Oxford street in the Uk - why did they go for a different model here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

have seen the location - I agree its not terrible - its just that theres no chance of passing trade there - unlike where Volvo , Skoda , Ford etc. are .
    Tesla are in shopping centres and Oxford street in the Uk - why did they go for a different model here ?

Who spends 100k on a car as passing trade tho...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Different and tiny market by comparison, so likely not worth the expense of maintaining a more central "high end" location.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

mloc123 wrote: »
    Who spends 100k on a car as passing trade tho...

Ah shur don't ya know the usual...bread, milk, bananas, Tesla, butter, digestives...... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

It's not a different model. In London they have small showrooms in retail areas such as Oxford Street and Westfield SC but there's large service centres in industrial areas near Heathrow and Gatwick. If someone orders a Tesla in their local London shopping centre where do you think the handover will take place?

They needed a service centre in Dublin and Sandyford is arguably the best location in the county for one. It's very likely that they will open a small retail showroom in Dundrum or Grafton Street within the next couple of years but they needed to establish a service centre before doing so.

I very much doubt that Tesla are relying on passing trade but even if they were the location in Sandyford is directly across the road from Audi and within a 1km radius of Toyota, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Ford, Skoda, Mazda, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Ah shur don't ya know the usual...bread, milk, bananas, Tesla, butter, digestives...... :pac:

Eating banoffee pie whilst cruising home on auto pilot :)

I think putting their showroom or service centre in a different location helps differentiate them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Tesla should strike up a deal with woodies, put them in aisle 5 between 13 amp fuses and plug tops, that's their target audience

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

tossy wrote: »
    Tesla should strike up a deal with woodies, put them in aisle 5 between 13 amp fuses and plug tops, that's their target audience

Tesla may not be opening a retail outlet, but another car manufacturer is opening a retail unit in one of Dublin largest shopping centres.

• Advertisement

who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Does every fúckin thread have to be about ev's now? :pac:

0i9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Does every f?ckin thread have to be about ev's now? :pac:

I hate to have a go but is there any chance you might learn to resize your pictures, they're absolutely massive. Even when I reduce the screen size on the laptop to 25% I still can't see all the picture. My old ipad actually can't cope with them! Having said that they're good pictures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Sorry man I didnt know they were big, i use the touch site and they look perfect to me.

Feel free to educate me though, im partially technologically challenged..

*edit, just had a look on the laptop and it looks fine to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

who ?
    My friend is MD, I can't say what brnad as it is confidential.

Plans look really good, they are trying to target a different demographic.
    Layout, staff, fittings and fixtures, lighting, stock etc are geared towards the fairer sex.
    ASFAIK most of the staff will be female brand ambassadors not sales people.

Based on their research findings, the majority of women feel intimidated by the traditional show room experience hence the concept change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dutchie wrote: »
    My friend is MD, I can't say what brnad as it is confidential.

Plans look really good, they are trying to target a different demographic.
    Layout, staff, fittings and fixtures, lighting, stock etc are geared towards the fairer sex.
    ASFAIK most of the staff will be female brand ambassadors not sales people.

Based on their research findings, the majority of women feel intimidated by the traditional show room experience hence the concept change.

That'll be Mini so..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That'll be Mini so..

In Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

That'll be Mini so..

With backing from Renault I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Dutchie wrote: »
    Tesla may not be opening a retail outlet, but another car manufacturer is opening a retail unit in one of Dublin largest shopping centres.

Linders Renault had a showroom set up in the Pavillions shopping center in Swords last year. It wasn't there for very long..

• Advertisement

surprised that Mini don't have a place in South county Dublin , don't think Bianca would like the idea of having to travel to the back of beyond - Naas Road to get her new birthday present.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement