Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Here's something you don't see every day, a Nissan NP200 "Bakkie". Basically a badge-engineered Dacia Logan pickup.
    This one is from South Africa it seems. They sell for €9800 over there (146,000 ZAR)

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Then later on, a rare treat. A Daihatsu Naked. I just love these. Exposed hinges, stamped bodywork, beautiful wheels, exposed bolts, identical front and rear doors.

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I know it's just a number but those import 120xxx reg's really spoil the look of some cars IMO.

I honestly wouldn't consider buying a car if it had a 120xxx number. I know that probably sounds mad to most people but they look absolutely dreadful, it would bother me every time I looked at the car.
    There`s a 10d ferrari 458 on 120xxx plates and as vain as it sounds it looks terrible on the car, thankfully it was phased out

It's been phased out?

Yeah, cars from 2012 reg onwards don't have the long numbers AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah, cars from 2012 reg onwards don't have the long numbers AFAIK.

I think imports from 2011 onwards get a normal consecutive number. I thought he meant the 120xxx system had been done away with altogether.

It's still here in Clare anyway for older cars, we've hit the 10,000 mark recently on 08s, neighbour has a 12 import and it's a low number, just checked there and we have no 11CE9XXX numbers so it's 2011 alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Then later on, a rare treat. A Daihatsu Naked. I just love these. Exposed hinges, stamped bodywork, beautiful wheels, exposed bolts, identical front and rear doors.
    How do you make that one out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I think imports from 2011 onwards get a normal consecutive number. I thought he meant the 120xxx system had been done away with altogether.

My 2011 UK Import got a normal 5 digit number, I thought it was going to be 12xxx, so was DELIGHTED.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

417679.jpgNice Bentley daily driver.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

417680.jpgGotta bit closer to the rear.  Same guy has an old 911 too, I think, will get a pic of it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

that's lovely that Bentley , cheap tax , no nct happy days . Think I would have to get it gas converted if I bought one to run regularly. Works well if you don't drive in cities much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Calling them 120xxx is a bit erroneous seeing as 2010 Dublin reg's are well into 131xxx

ION08 wrote: »
    Calling them 120xxx is a bit erroneous seeing as 2010 Dublin reg's are well into 131xxx
    No they're not. If you seen 131xxx that means there have been over 11000 imports for that year in Dublin

Quazzie wrote: »
    No they're not. If you seen 131xxx that means there have been over 11000 imports for that year in Dublin

I'll just leave this here...

Snip20170518_7.png

I'll just leave this here...

Snip20170518_7.png
    You can leave it there all you like, you're still wrong. That car is an import.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You can leave it there all you like, you're still wrong. That car is an import.

Errrr - yes exactly, which was my point.... That it's incorrect to refer to imports as 120xxx when they have actually reached 131xxx now ... to which you replied "No they're not" :confused:

Not sure exactly what point you're trying to make but I reckon you might have gotten your wires crossed somewhere :S

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The starting number for imports as far as I know was 120*** wasn't it? So anything above that would be an import. It does seem strange how there has been such a huge number (over 11,000 as mentioned) of imports in Dublin in 2010.

Quaz - you seem to be agreeing and disagreeing with yourself in one go :P

The starting number for imports as far as I know was 120*** wasn't it? So anything above that would be an import. It does seem strange how there has been such a huge number (over 11,000 as mentioned) of imports in Dublin in 2010.

Quaz - you seem to be agreeing and disagreeing with yourself in one go :P

Yeah, I think its the only year where they have reached the 130xxx mark (over 10k)... I would think it's people making a conscious decision/stretching to import a '10 car instead of a '08 or '09 model so that the reg is the "current decade" .. you know how shallow reg snobs can be

Speaking of which, I'll be VRT'ing a 2010 import later today :P

Oh and sorry to bring the thread off topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

33933421453_d85674ae98_c.jpg

To drag out the topic, the 458 I mentioned earlier

33933421453_d85674ae98_c.jpg

To drag out the topic, the 458 I mentioned earlier

So close to getting 10-D-128 458 on his reg, that would have been nice. But honestly for a car like that I cant believer the didnt pay the ?1k to get a nicer reg number

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

107.jpg

321.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

So close to getting 10-D-128 458 on his reg, that would have been nice. But honestly for a car like that I cant believer the didnt pay the ?1k to get a nicer reg number

On car like that who cares what the reg number is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

tossy wrote: »

Anoraks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Think the reg comment on the Ferrari is bizarre. Who cares? If I had to give 30 or 40k in VRT doubt I would want to give them another grand for a silly reg out of principle. Crazy that car is 7 years old now, still looks brand new.

tossy wrote: »
    vintagevrs wrote: »
    Think the reg comment on the Ferrari is bizarre. Who cares?.

Eh, a lot of people care actually. That's why vanity plates are such big business in the UK and other countries and why so many Porche 911's have been registered with digits containing "911"

You can pretend like people dont care but as far as reg-consciousness goes Ireland is fairly self conscious in terms of superficial desire to be seem with a certain "year" or certain "county" on a reg... so you can pretend all you like that nobody cares - you know well people do.

My point was simple, a shorter/nicer number combination would have looked more aesthetic than a random number.

even though Ni plates don't clearly show year or do they ??
    personal plates are very popular on high end cars up North .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Maybe the number with 458 was already taken when he registered the car, maybe he didn't want it or maybe he didn't care :rolleyes:

its still a lovely car full stop - anyway some people would view those plates as showy/ tacky

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Nice little Lancia...

34623997771_800d792748_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

goochy wrote: »
    its still a lovely car full stop - anyway some people would view those plates as showy/ tacky

True that, not to mention the fact the plate will have zero impact on the re sale as it will most likely be sold back to the uk. Plus most UK personal plates stay with the owner not the car so the plate is trivial vanity.

If Mila Kunis had 10 D 123456 stamped on her forehead she would be no less desirable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

My point was simple, a shorter/nicer number combination would have looked more aesthetic than a random number.

In Ireland a personal plate still has year and county, so it's going be a poor plate regardless. So you get to pick a number at the end and that costs one thousand euro, which is silly money even to those who can afford it. For me it's trying too hard, when the car speaks for itself. All my opinion of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement