Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Audi R8 V10 Spyder at Audi Centre:
    [IMG][/img]kTA7aq4.jpg
    [IMG][/img]UQrzPyn.jpg
    [IMG][/img]8uleqW5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

cullow123 wrote: »
    Audi R8 V10 Spyder at Audi Centre:

Now that's what I call a personalized plate!! Nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

New XC60. Not sure about the colour, but like the rest of it.

417814.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Off to have a look at the xc60 tomorrow. Beautiful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Saw a Renault Twizy in Kilkenny today with the Lamborghini style doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Churchtown earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

What a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Churchtown earlier today

On the same theme of hondas rotting away..

This is in a garden near Marino. I noticed only recently that the weeds etc have been cleared and the garden tidied up, hopefully the car isn't next to go. Might go knocking about it

34616647162_181ae52d31_c.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bear1 wrote: »
    What a waste.
    Agreed, though sadly the Irish insurance industry nonsense has effectively killed these type of cars dead. :( I'd bet that's the reason those cars lay rotting into the ground. Best case would be to get such cars into the dry somewhere and try and keep them preserved until a day when, or if some semblance of sense returns. Though given the parlous state of the Irish insurance and legal industries, never mind the succession of morons in government, I'd not hold my breath. If I had a few grand and a big shed somewhere I'd be doing just that with a pick of 90's "exciting" cars. Worse case, down the line our neighbours in the UK would buy them as the classics they are.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

The ultra rare launch edition of the BMW efficient dynamics M4.

It's actually a 420D. The M4 wasn't launched until to 2014.

Idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

Anyone seen a black porsche carrera gt around cork today ? . Saw a low roof car on opposite side of motorway at fermoy. Good of it looked like carrera gt but could be wrong. Saw one like at cannonball b4 but wasn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I'm sure the Porsche design team will be devastated to hear that.

They're on boards? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Churchtown earlier today

Must be a good few years there?

Assuming the engine and box were still working you'd have to replace every part on it by now. I've seen cars laying up for a year have serious issues as a result.

EDIT: I see on the windscreen it was insured and taxed in 2011, 6 years since last used. I would have guessed it was there a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bad quality pics. Too much ZOOM. 8-)
    P1040549_zpsgy6xghou.jpg

C7 Z06. 
    P1040494_zpssp9drsf2.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

carzony wrote: »
    Must be a good few years there?

Assuming the engine and box were still working you'd have to replace every part on it by now. I've seen cars laying up for a year have serious issues as a result.

EDIT: I see on the windscreen it was insured and taxed in 2011, 6 years since last used. I would have guessed it was there a lot longer.

Good spot, i didn't even notice that when i was walking around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Shane732 wrote: »

Idiot.

There's a 520d around Waterford done up like an M5(thinks it's a 2011 model if I remember correctly), badge on the back, even has the quad exhausts, it is fairly convincing looking but the brakes are a dead give away - most people aren't going to know, those who do will think the same - idiot - why bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

AMGer wrote: »
    There's a 520d around Waterford done up like an M5(thinks it's a 2011 model if I remember correctly), badge on the back, even has the quad exhausts, it is fairly convincing looking but the brakes are a dead give away - most people aren't going to know, those who do will think the same - idiot - why bother.

That's like some seventh generation Honda Civic's being sold as Type R. They put Honda Civic Type R in the ad title and they are only 1.6, it's as if they actually think it is a type R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Shane732 wrote: »

Idiot.

What a sad thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Mercedes S500

2h58zy8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Here is what I saw today. Yes it is Ireland:
    6xW5ATV.jpg
    TuruckZ.jpg
    4PjeP59.jpg
    a7RhC3H.jpg
    3clMEJo.jpg
    rDPpG81.jpg
    3DMdZqH.jpg
    bv4WpNU.jpg
    F0Vl9nb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No way is that the new Honda NSX??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I haven't even looked at the photos yet and you've already posted them! Good pics as always!

I overheard a few people (kids?) saying that that is the only NSX allocated to Ireland, through official channels anyway is my guess and nothing stopping you from importing one.

I'll try get a few pics posted this week, for now just a pic of Marcinek_55's favourite car

417990.jpg

jozi wrote: »
    for now just a pic of Marcinek_55's favourite car

I like it so much that i have only one photo of it, there is too many them, as i told you, wherever i go i see at least one, i want to see yellow or blue F40, then i'll take a lot of photos but no more red F40...

Yes I know, Im spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

There is one in cork too 4 exhausts but too close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

Where up.north was that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

There is a 2006-2008 (not sure year), 520d in Cabra, Dublin with a full M5 kit. Front wings/fenders, M5 badging, quad pipes, and front bumper. Must have cost a fair amount for all of it.

Noticed it one day parked up while driving with a friend, we both pointed it out and admired it. We were in the area again a few days later and saw it on the road a bit behind us. Decided to pull in to hear that tasty V10 drive past, only to be disappointed by hearing that tractor 2.0L diesel engine. Pulled up beside him then at the lights to tell him we liked his "M5", but he had his missus in the car with him and the lights quickly changed, didn't want to embarrass him :rolleyes: So sad...

goochy wrote: »
    Where up.north was that ?

Banbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

There is a 2006-2008 (not sure year), 520d in Cabra, Dublin with a full M5 kit. Front wings/fenders, M5 badging, quad pipes, and front bumper. Must have cost a fair amount for all of it.

Noticed it one day parked up while driving with a friend, we both pointed it out and admired it. We were in the area again a few days later and saw it on the road a bit behind us. Decided to pull in to hear that tasty V10 drive past, only to be disappointed by hearing that tractor 2.0L diesel engine. Pulled up beside him then at the lights to tell him we liked his "M5", but he had his missus in the car with him and the lights quickly changed, didn't want to embarrass him :rolleyes: So sad...

The E60 M5 can have a distinctly "diesel" sound at idle/low speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miPyo1H_xlU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Fella in Navan has an M5 to ferry his childers about in. Yes, the V10 M5. It replaced an E46 M3 which had booster seats in the back and all (not sure about the M5)

I'll see about getting a pic of it later. Just goes to show you don't need a sh*tebox tumbledrier or a bus to ferry tiddlers about in :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The campervan itself is nothing special but I was impressed at how far they have come! Spotted in Skerries

418001.jpg

Also saw a Quebec reg RS6 floating about too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement