Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

el diablo wrote: »
    All I see is an extreme close up of an 04 MH reg plate.

Photo is massive, assume the purpose is to show the BMW badge taped over the skoda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not again lads, we know photos show up massive for some of you but for most of us images are scaled down to screen size

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

No pics as it was going to fast to get a pic...

Anyone see an American registered Shelby Mustang GT500 around Clonee, Maynooth area yesterday afternoon?
    Black with chrome alloys with 9/11 Never Forget decal/air-sprayed in the back of the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Speaking of MH plates... Home turf, home plates :cool:
    34445903463_caad6d192b_k.jpg

Aston driver surrounded by VAG :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

ongarite wrote: »
    No pics as it was going to fast to get a pic...

Anyone see an American registered Shelby Mustang GT500 around Clonee, Maynooth area yesterday afternoon?
    Black with chrome alloys with 9/11 Never Forget decal/air-sprayed in the back of the boot.

That was at the Mosney classic show yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Continuing with BMW ridiculousness

That chrome boot lid with plate surrounding makes massive difference to me :D

cHBGGno.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

those M318 dsl. sport models are supposed to be animals , very rare too !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Carpentry wrote: »
    Continuing with BMW ridiculousness

That chrome boot lid with plate surrounding makes massive difference to me :D

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=06g671

To make it worse... it isn't even an Msport model... value basement ES spec

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

34873378690_bc8d06b30b_c.jpg

About ~300BHP in the XDrive Variant. Thank you Mr. BMW for buying a proper diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

OSI wrote: »
    I'd love one. But I just couldn't justify the frankly ludicrous mark up on them here. Brand new in the UK: ?43k/€49k, here: €65k!!!

Is that mark up by the dealer or VRT though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

OSI wrote: »
    Mostly column A and a little of column B I'd imagine, but either way you're 16k worse off.

This is why we can't have nice things in this country.

Such a shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

ironclaw wrote: »

About ~300BHP in the XDrive Variant. Thank you Mr. BMW for buying a proper diesel.

I was in Boston last week and they're all over the place except in petrol. That's proper :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

emeldc wrote: »
    I was in Boston last week and they're all over the place except in petrol. That's proper :p

I have seen e60 530i compared with 535d by Jeremy Clarkson. Was astounded by the diesel and thats coming from him means a lot. A lot lot.

Carpentry wrote: »
    I have seen e60 530i compared with 535d by Jeremy Clarkson. Was astounded by the diesel and thats coming from him means a lot. A lot lot.

535D is an unsung hero in my books. Its a very, very capable car and holds a light to the M5 off the line. Map it and a little work under the bonnet, you have an absolute wolf. Oh, and it will do 40MPG. Its literally a 'petrol' heads dream in Ireland given the tax rate and fuel economy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

That'd be an MG C

MG C has a straight six three litre engine, heavy engine for not great performance , not very popular back in the day so quite rare, obvious difference to usual MGB is the hump in the bonnet.
    MGB v8 uses the lovely 3.5litre Rover alloy v8 and is a far nicer car and again is quite rare and the one to have IMO, but I'm probably biased..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Silver foreign reg corvette at leopardstown / sandyford earlier today. Then a black and bkue bmw i8 coming from the motorway at carrickmines...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You'd see a few nice yokes in Goffs tomorrow. I was in there today doing a bit of work. You'd have a bit of work though convincing the mobile patrol with dog, that you're not looking to steal anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Another BMW with a proper engine. 550i.

BMW20550i_zps1uflmka3.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

35170791111_95069ec7fa_c.jpg

Not my photo, sent to me from the UK.

2017 Audi A6 Avant TDI Ultra SE Executive tuned by ABT.

Assuming the highest spec engine to start with, you could be looking at 360 HP with 700 Nm of torque after a tune.

535D is an unsung hero in my books. Its a very, very capable car and holds a light to the M5 off the line. Map it and a little work under the bonnet, you have an absolute wolf. Oh, and it will do 40MPG. Its literally a 'petrol' heads dream in Ireland given the tax rate and fuel economy :pac:

I always hear the "40mpg" figure being quoted whenever there is talk of a 535d

I'm very skeptical about this in the real world.

I drive an A4 3.0 TDI and on a combined cycle I'd consider it good If I average 30mpg

I seriously doubt that a heavier 535d with an additional turbo can be +10mpg more economical out in the real world...

• Advertisement

ION08 wrote: »

I drive an A4 3.0 TDI and on a combined cycle I'd consider it good If I average 30mpg

I seriously doubt that a heavier 535d with an additional turbo can be +10mpg more economical out in the real world...

My 130i averages 31MPG, so there is something wrong there :confused: I've asked a friend who has a 535D what they do on average but I know he went from an M5 to a 535D and would be hard pressed to go back after some light tinkering. The economy is good and its definitely mid-30s in the real world.

My 130i averages 31MPG, so there is something wrong there :confused: I've asked a friend who has a 535D what they do on average but I know he went from an M5 to a 535D and would be hard pressed to go back after some light tinkering. The economy is good and its definitely mid-30s in the real world.

I must have a heavy right foot because I had a Golf GTI and an Audi TT and I could not get close to a realistic 30mpg average

In a 130i I doubt i would break 20mpg to be honest!!! .... unless I was driving it like a nun on long uncongested journeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

BMW 116i 32mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭vectra

You are not from around the Fermoy area by any chance are you?

vectra wrote: »
    You are not from around the Fermoy area by any chance are you?

I'm not. He's from up North, I'm Dublin based :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

ION08 wrote: »

A buddy had one for a while - best he could manage was mid 30's though he never really tried to make a proper economical effort. Spirited driving saw that fall into the mid to late 20's.

I still want one though :D

Top Dog wrote: »
    A buddy had one for a while - best he could manage was mid 30's though he never really tried to make a proper economical effort. Spirited driving saw that fall into the mid to late 20's.

That sounds more like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Top Dog wrote: »

My e93 m3 averages 18-19mpg with no efforts to save fuel so that makes me feel a bit better about it...!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mustangs at Benbulben show 2 weeks ago

nx6pnp.jpg

25q6685.jpg

dbo95g.jpg

2u7szdd.jpg

2mwcrwn.jpg

29mlrnt.jpg

1zppclw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

No pics of the four classics?