Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How much would those mods have cost??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    Two pics from London last weekend. Promo I think for Transformers. There was a lovely Lamborghini too but blocked from view
    It would help if you posted the pictures.:pac: :D
    Second attempt.....
    IMG_20170617_111927.jpg
    IMG_20170617_111937.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

OSI wrote: »
    Good lord:

The infamous 75bhp 1.4 GTI.

I don't understand this. You're just asking to be raced at the lights and everyone will leave them for dust. Brembo brakes too? Wonder if they actually bought them or just painted them...

It's even worse now though as VW actually sell the R line bodykit on the Golf. Saw one the other day it looked absolutely ridiculous with the tiny brakes on it. Could tell by a mile it was a standard Golf. I personally wouldn't want to go around pretending I have a GTI or an R.

Same as the WRX STI. The second you see the kit and stickers and no racing seats...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

At the nct centre;

20170625_113206.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It's even worse now though as VW actually sell the R line bodykit on the Golf. Saw one the other day it looked absolutely ridiculous with the tiny brakes on it. Could tell by a mile it was a standard Golf. I personally wouldn't want to go around pretending I have a GTI or an R.

The R-line kit is totally different to the bodykit on a performance Golf R or GTi.

I think most manufacturers offer a "sports" type trim level on their cars and R-line is just that for VW, they are probably angling for the same kind of success they got with Audis S-line.

I don't think it's trying to be something it's not, it's just the trim level that offers some visual upgrades, they don't market it and I'm pretty sure nobody buys it because they think it looks like an R.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

No pics but I saw an Arteon on Friday heading down the quays in Dublin. Looked much better in person!

This was in Malahide yesterday.

420725.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Dord wrote: »
    No pics but I saw an Arteon on Friday heading down the quays in Dublin. Looked much better in person!

This was in Malahide yesterday.

The owner of that Ferrari is a big fan of getting it wrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The R-line kit is totally different to the bodykit on a performance Golf R or GTi.

I think most manufacturers offer a "sports" type trim level on their cars and R-line is just that for VW, they are probably angling for the same kind of success they got with Audis S-line.

I don't think it's trying to be something it's not, it's just the trim level that offers some visual upgrades, they don't market it and I'm pretty sure nobody buys it because they think it looks like an R.

The R-Line kit is more or less the same as the R bodykit, only difference being the exhaust is different on the standard Golf and the front bumper grille is slightly different. Otherwise it's the same bodykit. I saw a Golf with the R-Line kit the other day, it's definitely trying to be something it's not. It even has an R in the same place on the front. They also have an option to pair the R-line kit with the LED headlights, just like the R.

The Golf is a good looking car and so is the R, I just don't see the point in having a Golf R bodykit on a standard car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

OSI wrote:
    The infamous 75bhp 1.4 GTI.

I dont mind a lad doing that to his car. Probably his first so looking to make it his own. But mostly i think" that poor bastard is being fleeced for insurance, imagine what he'd have if he didnt have to fork out the price of the car every 12 months".

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭M S E

In relation to the Golf above it doesn't matter if the car is a real GTI or not. The owner of the car has an interest in cars and that is all that matters. Naturally we all have different opinions but these opinions should be discussed in a more mature manner. There is no need to take a picture and post it or make a contribution of any kind if the only intention behind doing so is to be smart or condescending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Couldn't disagree more. If you put Brembo stickers on your calipers, GTI exhaust, GTI badges, GTI wheels and flip paint on a car that has 70ish bhp then you're asking for attention.

But each to their own and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The owner of that Ferrari is a big fan of getting it wrapped.

Yeah, it was matte white. I assume wrapped.

The R-Line kit is more or less the same as the R bodykit, only difference being the exhaust is different on the standard Golf and the front bumper grille is slightly different. Otherwise it's the same bodykit. I saw a Golf with the R-Line kit the other day, it's definitely trying to be something it's not. It even has an R in the same place on the front. They also have an option to pair the R-line kit with the LED headlights, just like the R.

The Golf is a good looking car and so is the R, I just don't see the point in having a Golf R bodykit on a standard car.

So aside from the different front bumper, different rear bumper and different exhaust, it's exactly the same kit?

Got it.

Thankfully, as of yet, there is no offering to get the Golf R bodykit on a non performance model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Because it looks better - is that not obvious? :confused: It's no different than BMW offering the M Sport bodykit and wheel options on their models. I wouldn't even consider buying a BMW if it didn't have the M Sport package - they transform the look of the standard car. Same goes for the R-Line package on the Golf.

OSI wrote: »
    There's at least 3 years worth of insurance premium for an actual GTI in mods on that car.

The reason I don't hate that Mk5 is that it looks spotlessly clean, there's no dirt, no damage even fresh tyre shine on the wheels. It might well be tasteless, but the owner must like it and takes a bit of pride in it and that makes him a car guy to me.

What I hate is when you see a car like that covered in minor damage, filthy dirty and not a disc on the windscreen. Those cars should be killed with fire, They are generally someone who has bought someone else's ex pride and joy and driven it into the ground.

Would I be seen dead in it? No. Would I spend my own money on it? Also, no.

Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I like to keep my classic and vintage endeavors to the dedicated forums and threads, but I thought these to be worth a mention here. I would guess at around upwards of half a million between the three? Seen in St Columbas College today

35140352080_d4a9f07a0c_c.jpg

35396307931_d881c1f870_c.jpg

35526983775_52dda478d8_c.jpg

35140361920_0e93171de1_c.jpg

35359766452_7561218b05_c.jpg

35527119145_179dcb8590_c.jpg

35359951412_ef89322bd6_c.jpg

34717594363_ba1b011275_c.jpg

35396441571_cd5f6ab2c4_c.jpg

35488196646_aab344df01_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Is that thing rare? Never seen one before. Basically roadster version of Brera.

CJeDNaj.png

Also seen 171 Range Rover convertible, roof down. White with red lather, on the way to Howth. Didnt take a picture, but looks like this.
    I was properly shocked.

RR-Evoque-Convertible-1.jpg

Also this.

2aWpFjb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Just spotted an English reg 458 spider in waterford but unfortunately didn't get a picture 😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Damien360

My crap pics don't do this beauty justice

Lexus RC F

5B4D7B72-0C90-464B-B99F-25950DBD204A_zps2vkcewwm.jpg

8AF1A903-8072-47AA-9DD9-ED8AF6436DE4_zps2p7ijrwu.jpg

F2533A2B-888C-4694-933B-214F123D0DC1_zpsh7bk3ael.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

Asdume the evoque conv.is one sold by Bradley galway, mad price and conv.shape doesn't really suit it.

• Advertisement

goochy wrote: »
    Asdume the evoque conv.is one sold by Bradley galway, mad price and conv.shape doesn't really suit it.

What makes you think it was sold in Galway!? Headed for Howth it might belong to Beshoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

I like to keep my classic and vintage endeavors to the dedicated forums and threads, but I thought these to be worth a mention here. I would guess at around upwards of half a million between the three? Seen in St Columbas College today

Think your estimate is quite conservative, assuming they are all straight cars you`d be certainly talking upwards of 500k for the db5, possibly more. Definitely 1 Million Plus for the 300sl roadster. The 507 I`m guessing would be well over a million too. But they're estimates so I could very well be slightly off so if anyone wants to correct me feel free :D

Think your estimate is quite conservative, assuming they are all straight cars you`d be certainly talking upwards of 500k for the db5, possibly more. Definitely 1 Million Plus for the 300sl roadster. The 507 I`m guessing would be well over a million too. But they're estimates so I could very well be slightly off so if anyone wants to correct me feel free :D

Ah yes its a 300sl, not a 190. I saw this around Fitzwilliam square a few weeks back and had it in my head that the black car was worth around the same. Evidently not :o

On motorcheck the reg for the Merc comes back as
    1953 Daimler-Benz Armoured CAR Ferret

There was a Ferrari Dino there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

There was one for sale in bradleys was only one for sale at time . Though think other colour vehiclea since ir maybe it was bought through beshoffs from bradley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

The bumpers are substantially different to be fair...

car_photo_569992.jpg?itok=WFS4RG4x
    car_photo_582649.jpg?itok=FDuFqTdo

Considering the Golf R is heralded for being such a subtle looking performance car, I don't think it's much of an issue that the standard car can look similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Substantially different??? the only difference is that the normal Golf has fog lights whereas the R doesn't. Apart from that and the badging on the front you'd be forgiven for thinking they were the same car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Substantially different??? the only difference is that the normal Golf has fog lights whereas the R doesn't. Apart from that and the badging on the front you'd be forgiven for thinking they were the same car!

Would you tell the difference between this luxury version and the normal XF ?:DzJjNEQ7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

the only difference is that the normal Golf has fog lights whereas the R doesn't

The side grills on the bumper are bigger and have the split in them and they have the cutouts behind the side grills too. To me, it's a fairly noticable difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Carpentry wrote: »
    Would you tell the difference between this luxury version and the normal XF ?:DzJjNEQ7.png

Certainly! The occupants in a normal XF would all (hopefully) be alive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Have to agree, I find it hard to split them, especially when the R line has the upgraded lights.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement